Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. System audio share not available

The option to share audio from any Mac I own doesn’t even appear on the screen sharing menu. So I’m totally unable to share music or videos with sound, which makes Teams pretty useless in sense of giving lessons or school classes.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Notifications on macOS

An applicarion on macOS even those coming from Microsoft must adhere to the Standard GUI.
    Why is not possible to manage notifications the usual way on macOS?
    Why there is no way to receive notifications when the app is not running?

Please make Teams a good citizen of macOS.
    Thank you!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams MacOS Virtual Webcam somehow broken even further, just like MSFT's promise to fix

Before I start, I have to remind Microsoft that we are DEPENDING on support for virtual webcams in Teams to do our jobs. Trainings, teachers, etc. This isn't just a fun feature that you broke, you instead really screwed with people's livelihoods. Near as I can figure it is trying to plug the HDMI protection security hole on many cheap capture cards to not rebroadcast sportsball games that none of the people in the community care about. Guess those NBA contracts are more important than people's jobs?

It has been three months since Microsoft broke virtual camera support for Teams…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. No Screen Share Options

Within the desktop app, I am unable to share my screen. When I click on the share screen icon the window opens but is blank. There are no options to click-to-select to share.

I am able to share my screen following the same process when I am logged in thru Chrome.

This is a new issues as of 8/17/20.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Teams on macOS doesn't remember window size

When I size the MS Teams app window to a specific size, then click the red close button. Later when I launch the Teams app from the dock it goes to fullscreen instead of the window size that was set previously.

This doesn't affect the minimize (yellow) button.

macOS: 11.1
    Teams: 1.3.00.33671

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Application Switching on Mac OS

I often find that Teams will not take focus when using the App Switcher feature on Mac OS (i.e.: ⌘ + Tab, à la the Task Switcher functionality in Windows). I find I have to click the icon in the dock, which will take my to the workspace where the Teams client window resides, but then I have to click the icon in the dock again to get the app to take focus. It is literally the only app on my machine that misbehaves in such a way, and it's really frustrating.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. wiki images

Images on wiki are deleted when clicking the section that contains the image (you need to navigate in other channels or close teams and reopen to replicate)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. I do not see updated profile pictures of my team members. Profile picture seems to be cached on Mac version of Team.

My team members have updated their profile picture but I only see them old picture on my mac team. On a web Team client I do see new profile picture

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Excel Window Sharing Does Not Work On Teams MacOS Client

When in a Teams meeting, you cannot share an Excel Window if a spreadsheet is open. If you share the Excel Window prior to opening a spreadsheet, Teams will allow the share, but as soon as you open a spreadsheet, the share stops and Teams notifies you that it cannot find the window. Others have reported this problem on the community forums. https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/teams-of-macbook-cannot-share-excel-workbook-on-screen-sharing/m-p/1187293

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Not responsive, issue when worked along with Charles proxy

Many times teams crashes when used along with apps like Charles proxy.
    When bandwidth is moderate, teams call/ sharing gets stuck/distorted even though Skype & Zoom works fine in that bandwidth.i.e requires high bandwidth.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. No backgrounds in MacOS 11 Bigsur.

Image files are in Library/ApplicationSupport/Microsoft/ Teams/Backgrounds/Uploads but aren't showing in the app.
    Nor is the blur background option available.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. bluetooth keyboard stops working when teams call is on

whenever I turn on a teams call my bluetooth logitech keyboard stops working.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.18164 massively draining CPU usage making use of other programs simultaneously very difficult

Ever since updating to this version it has slowed down the performance of my machine - especially when on a video conference call involving multiple participants with video streams.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Black screen appears when sharing

Using a Mac with an additional Dell screen 1910*1080, I have a black screen when I initiate a call and the other person shares either an app or their desktop.
    I simply hang up and get them to initiate the call, then I'm able to see their screen when they share it. Very frustrating.

Also, when the black screen appears if I go to another chat then I can see the video of the person but when I go back to the chat the video returns to a black screen.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Option+Shift+Command+V to paste text without any formatting

It should be possible to paste text without any formatting into a chat or channel using keyboard shortcut Option+Shift+Command+V.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Change organisations crash the client on Mac

I'm in two organisations that use Teams. One at work and the other on my spare time.

It would be nice if I could conntect two different mailadresser to one Teams.

Today I must switch between the two organisations and when I switch the client crashes, se attachment.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. my microphone isn't working in Teams App on a MAC Book Pro

my microphone isn't working in Teams App on a MAC Book Pro. The web meetings work, but not the native app on the Mac.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Teams does not regain focus when in background desktop on secondary monitor

On my second monitor, I have 5 desktops. One desktop hosts my chat programs, teams, slack, flowdock.

When teams app is not in focus, meaning not the visible app on my second monitor and another desktop is in focus on the second monitor, using cmd+tab or clicking the teams icon on the dock does not bring the teams window into focus.

It does show in the system menu bar as active application, however, I have to manually navigate to the desktop containing teams on the second monitor.

This is different behavior than any other application on my mac. Cmd+tab or…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Screen sharing macOS: Only working while "System Preferences.app" is running

Current behaviour:
    When clicking on the "Share content" icon a message ("We need permission to share your screen. Go to Security & Privacy > Screen Recording to give permission and start sharing.") appears and none of my screens/windows are available to start sharing. Teams already has the permission for "Screen Recording" in the "Security & Privacy" preferences dialog. However, as soon as I open "System Preferences.app" (any submenu) and try again while it is still open everything works as expected. I can consistently reproduce this behaviour.

Expected behaviour:
    Screen sharing works independently of the "System Prefenrences.app" once the "Screen Recording"…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base