Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Desktop Teams App: English (UK) dictionary marks "I've" as a spelling mistake

Desktop Teams App > Settings > General > App Language > English (United Kingdom)

Typing "I've" marks it as a spelling mistake. It corrects to "I've" (i.e. stays the same), which is then marked as a mistake again.

I've deleted the en-GB.bdic file from the appData to reload it to no effect.

I'm on version 1.3.00.4461 (64 bit).

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hungarian translation is not complete

The Hungarian translation of Teams for Education is not complete on the Windows platform (desktop application and from browser). The Assignment section is not translated at all. This is a critical part of the software and students have trouble to use this part. How can we get Hungarian translation?

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Assignment and Classification are not translated into Slovak.

Our school uses Microsoft Teams for online teaching. We would like to ask if it would be possible to translate the tabs with assigned tasks and also the Classification tab into Slovak. There are small children in the first grade and they do not always speak English. In all versions of the application - web, desktop as well as on the mobile version in Slovak translation, these parts of the application are not translated into Slovak.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Unable to disable spell check

Unable to disable spell check. I am able to set the language of the app, but unable to disable the spell check when writing in another language.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Captions aren't labelled with the speaker

The live captions aren't labelled with the corresponding speaker, so you can't tell who actually said the words.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sprache der Teams-Meeting Einladung

Sprache bei Teams-Meeting Einladung, die über einen Kanal erstellt werden, sind immer auf Englisch, auch wenn Azure, Outlook, Teams auf Deutsch eingestellt: Der Link bei der Einladung ist auf Englisch (Join Microsoft Teams Meeting usw.), es ist aber überall die Sprache Deutsch eingestellt. Hier die Sprache aus den Einstellungen von z.B. Outlook übernehmen.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The MS Office shortcuts for accented letters do not work in Teams

The MS Office shortcuts for accented letters (e.g. ctrl+'+e for é) do not work in Teams although they work for Mail, Word, PPT, etc.
    Please fix it

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The new name for the conversations tab in Dutch seems wrong

According to https://support.office.com/nl-nl/article/wat-is-er-nieuw-in-microsoft-teams-d7092a6d-c896-424c-b362-a472d5f105de the new name of the conversations tab in channels should be "Berichten" but it is "Posts" instead. "Posts" is not a Dutch word. "Berichten" or the former title "Gesprekken" are proper Dutch words that make much more sense for this tab.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. My Language-Setting is German - this side is English

It is terrible to convince other people of youre products, because there is a mix of language especially between German and English in helpsides.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Pushing org wide TEAMS Language setting

Currently the user need to choose their language by going in to the TEAMS client which by default comes up as English (US). I can see no settings in TEAMS admin nor through a GPO which can be used to push the desired setting to all users.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Microsoft Teams doesn't allow users to set their language preference

My introduction to your product is a page of information given in a language that I don't understand with no obvious means to select my own language. Do you really think I'm going to bother using it?

There is a certain irony in Microsoft creating a product that aims to help teams collaborate and then insisting that everyone uses their local language so nobody can understand each-other. Why does anyone think it's a good idea to select the user's language based on their IP number? Even processing the HTTP header Accept-Language information doesn't necessarily result in pages being rendered in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Cannot change the language from German

Right at the bottom of the rendered page in German is a link for setting language, but it doesn't seem to work as selecting English just returns me back to the page in German.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Spell Check thinks that words are spelled wrong when they are not.

Spell check is not working properly. It thinks words that are spelled correctly are not correct and there is no way to fix it. Also, the suggestions it gives for the correct word is way off base. Example, it thinks the word "does" is incorrect and the correction it suggests is "Idahoes".

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Extension of the keyboard languages

I wish that additional languages can be selected for the spelling correction. Especially the German (Switzerland) language is missing.

Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. spell check

I already thought I had once and for all set the language to Swedish in Office 365. But now I try to create a new OneNote for Classroom. And the program insists on that I want spell checking and I want it for English. I deselect spell checking. Still the program converts i to I! You have no idea how much that off non English writers! I have an account on O365. I have settings I try to put right. What causes my settings to get screwed up all the time? The browser I happen to use? The Windows I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Dieses ist keine Idee

Settings is German, but it stay by english at my MS Win10 Notebook! And by my iPad is ist right in German!

Settings changing no issue!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. The spell checker doesn't like apostrophes.

The spell checker doesn't like apostrophes. It doesn't make any difference what language I have set as my default.

Can the admin center set a dictionary?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Language switch to 'English (New Zealand)' doesn't load the en-NZ dictionary

Teams language English NZ option doesn't load the en-NZ dictionary file and it defaults to the en-US dictionary. Affects every user with the Teams application this has been tested with and confirmed with Microsoft Support.

Response from Microsoft Support:

I have reproduced the issue you have mentioned and I can see that it is a bydesign behavior where the dictionary language can be set to en-US or en-AU. If we try to switch the language to en-NZ, it does not give any output on the path (\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams\dictionaries).

Therefore, I would really appreciate if you could share your valuable finding regarding…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Set-TeamPicture doesn't work if you are not owner of the team

If i want to add a picture to a team, the cmdlet does not work with the admin account, i mut be owner of the team to set the picture.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. traduire

In assignments in French, the translation is not complete. Instead of receiving a «devoir», the students receive an assignment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base