Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams Fails on login using MS 2FA

I downloaded teams app and logged in. all worked fine the first time and I had access to the Teams site where I am a Guest user (different company to mine). After I logged out and tried to log back in again using the app I got an error after I entered my username (Email) and password. instead of asking for the 2FA code the screen reported an error as below

"If that doesn't work, try signing out and back in.
    desktop-956b96bb-cd09-46f8-9aee-92dd908ace7b
    Error code - caa2000b"

Now when I click to open the app it fails in this way every…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. MS Teams

Dear all,

I have problems. I cannot add external users and this problems have been repeated.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Guest users can see other users details and contact them

Guest permissions are not fully functional, guest users can enumerate users and see others details. Please see attached.
    When we have guest users in a team we don't expect them to see others' names and emails. We could deactivate the ability to create a chat inside Teams, but they can still see others email addresses.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. MFA challenge bug

On my account, I have access to several guest Teams. MFA is enabled on my account. For no reason, access to one of those guest Teams doesn't work anymore (used to work); switching to other Teams works. The process (and what it should be):
    * My Teams/other guest Teams: Logon > MFA approval dialog > Approve on phone > Default team shows > Switch in app > app shows Team selected
    * Problem Guest Team: Logon > MFA approval dialog > Approve on phone > Default Team shows > Switch to problem team > MFA approval dialog > no approval…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Remove Guest users from Admin Centers automatically when they are removed from Microsoft Teams

When a Guest is added to a team in Microsoft Teams, the user is automatically created in Azure AD for the tenant which also shows in the Microsoft 365 Admin Center. However when that same user is removed from Microsoft Teams, the user that was created in Azure AD and M365 Admin Center doesn't get automatically removed.

The problem with this is that I have several Team Leaders who need to be able to add guests to their team for certain collaboration and then to remove them from the team when they're not needed anymore. These Team Leaders don't have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. unable to admit people through the lobby

Unable to admit people through the lobby - pretty self explanatory. Would not work even after shutting down everything including laptop. Flash and anything like that is up to date by our IT team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. External Presenter in Live Event keeps getting added as an attendee instead

We are trying to set up an external presenter in Teams Live event and they cannot join to present because it keeps adding them in as an attendee. This defeats the purpose of using Live Events as a platform to do these presentations.

We have done this before several times but only now the issue is showing up. It is not a matter of allowing external users or all the other simple fixes that might be applied here. This is with experienced Teams users and has just recently begun to occur on our Tenant.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Phone number is easily showing to others. The mischief would definitely get profit by this by stealing contact number of girls for any reaso

Phone number is easily showing to others. The mischief would definitely get profit by this by stealing contact number of girls for any reason

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Guest unable to change tenant

I've added a guest to our Team, but when he opens Team he doesn't get an option for our tenant.
    I'm unable to replicate with other guests - they just work.
    On the webapp / desktop app he doesn't get the option to change between his home and guest tenancy.
    If we use the direct link to the Team it works on Webapp, full with the option to change to his home tenancy, if we change it to his home tenant the option to change disappears.
    I've deleted his account in AAD and try again but still happens.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Adding Users shows as Unknow user

When I try to add some members on a tea (directly from the desk app) it show me the user, but when I click on it and press add it shows as Unknow User... it happens only with 8 usesr

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I can'n edit my name

Can't edit my name

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Private channels - not reporting membership correctly

We have recently started using Private Channels to allow external guest users to access our Teams. We have an issue where guests were added to a Team but the users were not being reported correctly (i.e. the totals were wrong and sometimes the listed people had people missing). The update log that is stored in the channel seems correct, but the interface doesn't correctly display who has access to the private channel.

Have these inconsistencies been seen before?

Not being able to reliably see who has access to a private channel is a serious issue for us.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. External contacts from historic meetings are automatically added to meeting

Too many external attendees are added to the meeting.
    I have 3 separeate outlook meetings with different external users to all. At the 3 meeting in the row ALL historic external users are added to the teams meeting. They do not exist in the outlook invites. There are no link between the meetings.
    The externals are not able to join the meeting - luckily but they get notifications in their team chat from the meetings chat flow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Global admin is not able to invite or add guest using Teams admin center

I refer to Case ID:20320290 and to official document "Add a guest to a team". It says Global admins OR Teams admins and team owners can add a guest to a team in the Teams clients OR in the Teams admin center. However as a Global Admin, I get an error: "We can't find any team members to add." The Microsoft Support has advised me to use uservoice. Right now, to add guest, the global admin has to join the team as an owner then use the Team clients. It is not operationally feasible for the Global Admin to join…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Everyone can access to remove from meeting to someone

Anyone is able to remove me from meeting and i can't even see who done this fix this issue plz

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base