Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Invited to Team > signed in > stuck in sign in loop (Want to switch to Microsoft? We might ask you to sign in again'

A partner at a different organization invited me to join a Team. I can't access the account--the issue:
    1. Clicked invite to join Team created by partner
    2. Signed in to Teams using my Office 365 Premium account (joined to my business domain)
    3. The Team doesn’t display under the ‘Teams’ section
    4. The notification next to my account name tells me I have six new alerts/messages (I also received six email alerts stating I’ve been tagged in a discussion in the Team I was invited to)
    5. When I click on my account name, it show me an alternate…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Switching Tenants - primary tenant missing

When I switch to a tenant where I have Guest Access my tenant pick list doesn't include my primary tenant for my company. This is a new behavior since yesterday.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. cannot invite people from outside organization or add to team

unable to add people from outside the org to team or invite to a meeting. It says "we didn't find a match" and add button is grayed out.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. MFA challenge bug

On my account, I have access to several guest Teams. MFA is enabled on my account. For no reason, access to one of those guest Teams doesn't work anymore (used to work); switching to other Teams works. The process (and what it should be):
    * My Teams/other guest Teams: Logon > MFA approval dialog > Approve on phone > Default team shows > Switch in app > app shows Team selected
    * Problem Guest Team: Logon > MFA approval dialog > Approve on phone > Default Team shows > Switch to problem team > MFA approval dialog > no approval…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Quiz assigned by Teams/Assignments used by a guest user

Quiz within Teams/Assignments can not be opened from a guest user. A user within the organisation can open the quiz. If this would work for the quests as well would be nice.

Ticket for the investigation: 16157244

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Guest cannot access Teams using browser

We use Teams (Office 365) and our guest wanted to access our meeting, using the browser access possibility. We tried to accept their request to join us, but the action failed and the guest remained in the "waiting room". Our guest's workaround was to download and use the desktop app. But a working guest access by way of the web browser would be much better ...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Guest permissions are not populated to new channels

Guest permissions both set in Teams and admin center apply only to General channel. If we create a new channel under the team, guest users can reply to posts, and even create new posts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can't get into the Team I got invited to over gmail

I got an invitation to a Team over gmail address. When I click on the invitation, I get prompted for a MS account, which I have. After I enter my MS account and set everything up, my Teams would load up with no teams joined or whatever. So basically I cannot access the team I was invited to at all whatever I try to do. I would always just get redirected to my MS profile which does not have the invitation linked to it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Removed guests still appear in user search suggestions when adding users to a call.

Description: Guest users who have been removed from a Team still appear as search results when trying to add someone to a meeting.

Repro Steps:
    1. Add a guest to a team.
    2. Start a meeting. In the 'Invite someone' search of the Participants pane, enter the first letter of the Guest's name find the Guest and invite them to the meeting.
    3. End the meeting.
    4. In 'Manage Team', remove the Guest from the team.
    5. Repeat Step 2. You will see that the Guest still shows up in the list.

This same issue also appears in the 'Search…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Get an error "You are not authorized" while trying to add a guest as super admin.

The most important thing is: Get an error "You are not authorized" while trying to add a guest as super admin. We didnt configure anything on the azuresite, because we could invite guests and work with them on a team.

After one week we cant add new guests and the existing guests are not able to look in there teams. But he is in the organisation as "guest" listed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Accessing a team channel as a guest isn't working

I invited a Guest from another O365 tenant to one of my teams. When he tries to login to my tenant he gets a something went wrong error. Then, he created a team and invited me to it. I tried logging in and I get a something went wrong error, too.

I'm using the Mac application. I believe he's using the Windows application.

The process of creating the team channel and adding the guest seems to work fine. We each got invitations from the other in our tests.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.