Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Quiz assigned by Teams/Assignments used by a guest user

Quiz within Teams/Assignments can not be opened from a guest user. A user within the organisation can open the quiz. If this would work for the quests as well would be nice.

Ticket for the investigation: 16157244

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

11 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Invited to Team > signed in > stuck in sign in loop (Want to switch to Microsoft? We might ask you to sign in again'

A partner at a different organization invited me to join a Team. I can't access the account--the issue:
    1. Clicked invite to join Team created by partner
    2. Signed in to Teams using my Office 365 Premium account (joined to my business domain)
    3. The Team doesn’t display under the ‘Teams’ section
    4. The notification next to my account name tells me I have six new alerts/messages (I also received six email alerts stating I’ve been tagged in a discussion in the Team I was invited to)
    5. When I click on my account name, it show me an alternate…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Guest User can give control of their screen when Screen Sharing in chat !!!!

We've tested many times and many ways.
    The Guest User cannot give control of their screen when they doing Screen Sharing in chat.
    The workaround is we can schedule a Teams meeting but it will be more handy if this functionality can be added in the chat!!!
    Please remove some restriction on Guest User when they are using the main features about Teams!!!
    Thanks a lot in advance!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Since Update Raise Hand Gone for Guests

We have been using the raise hand for guests, this week it is gone in the Windows Client, Android and IOS. Guests can only raise hand in the Web client, is this by design or is it a bug.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Disabling "Members can invite" option prevents also admin members from inviting guests

Setting to OFF option "Members can invite" in Azure Active Directory > Users > User settings > External users > Manage external collaboration settings disables ALSO admin members from inviting guests, not only non-admin members as declared.
    So, this an "block all / allow all" option and there is no simple way to prevent standard members (non-admin) to invite guests.

As side effect it produce the infamous "We didn't find a match" message in the search box when you try to add a guest, mentioned by a lot of users.

Please, fix it !!!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. cannot invite people from outside organization or add to team

unable to add people from outside the org to team or invite to a meeting. It says "we didn't find a match" and add button is grayed out.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Switching Tenants - primary tenant missing

When I switch to a tenant where I have Guest Access my tenant pick list doesn't include my primary tenant for my company. This is a new behavior since yesterday.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Guests cannot log in to iOS mobile app or web app.

Please fix this bug. On Android guests can log into Teams if they first log in on the Teams web app. But on iOS browsers (both Safari and Edge), the link to join a team takes user to the mobile site, and there is no option to open the Teams web app, even if they request desktop site (except on older devices like iPhone 5S).

This bug has been confirmed on multiple devices (iPad, iPhone 8, etc. as well as with the newest version of iOS (13.5.1))

Even if users first log into Teams web app on desktop and then…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. some guest participants enter meeting bypassing lobby, although they have no permission

I´ve added some guests participants to a team. They have no permission to bypass lobby, but some of them access directly to meetings they are invited to, without having to wait in the lobby.

The only way I found to solve this is removing them from the team in Azure.

Is this a bug? Or there is a way to solve it?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. can't decline organization join request

somebody outside my organization accidently sent a request to join their org instead of a request to join a meeting. there's no option given to decline the request, only "accept" and "cancel". cancel doesn't really do anything, and now I have a persistent notification that I can't get rid of, in both mobile and Windows app

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Switch between guest and member

There is no way to change a Guest to a memberor vice versa, I incorrectly selected Guest to an email on the invite and I'm no longer able to select or change it to a member there shoud be always a way to select even with the same emails cause now when I try to add it again it remember the previous selection and cannot add it as a member anymore

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Can't get into the Team I got invited to over gmail

I got an invitation to a Team over gmail address. When I click on the invitation, I get prompted for a MS account, which I have. After I enter my MS account and set everything up, my Teams would load up with no teams joined or whatever. So basically I cannot access the team I was invited to at all whatever I try to do. I would always just get redirected to my MS profile which does not have the invitation linked to it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Accessing a team channel as a guest isn't working

I invited a Guest from another O365 tenant to one of my teams. When he tries to login to my tenant he gets a something went wrong error. Then, he created a team and invited me to it. I tried logging in and I get a something went wrong error, too.

I'm using the Mac application. I believe he's using the Windows application.

The process of creating the team channel and adding the guest seems to work fine. We each got invitations from the other in our tests.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Guest account deleted

I had added two guest users. Now the teams channel shows user deleted, I'm unable to add them back. But somehow when I do a name search, their name appears in the guests list. I can now no longer add anyone outside my org as a guest user. I have checked the Azure active directory- and the name of the guest users are being shown there. But these users cannot access the teams - they get an error message stating ' you are not a part of this team'

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. guest unknown user

When a guest user is in a team, the collapsed thing calls guests "Unknown User"

This is annoying because the Teams UI clearly already knows who they are. It makes it annoying to see who replied because you have to expand and scroll it manually.

If it would just say something like "3 replies from you, Adam, and Jack (Guest)" that would be much more useful than "and Unknown User"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. A guest does not be displayed in the lobby waiting in channel conference

In Teams, if I hold a "meeting now" from a channel, I can get a meeting-specific URL from the top of the meeting participant list.
    By sharing this URL with channel members and with non-channel members, anyone who clicks the URL can join and hold a meeting at any time.

This URL can also be used by guest members (not channel members). When the guest member joins the meeting, the guest waits in the lobby, so that the channel member can join the meeting by approving the guest.

However, when a channel member starts a meeting first and a guest…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Unable to add a guest because Team doesn’t revert with right suggestion

I attempted to add a GUEST to our team. I had no other choice than adding him as a MEMBER of the team. I don’t want him to be a member because a member can get access to other teams in our organization.

The Guest email is t##@##.com. I added him as a guest by inputing a wrong email address t##@##.com.tr, so i removed it from our team. Now when I tried adding him as a guest, Team doesn’t give me a suggestion of “add t##@##.com as a Guest”. It only gives me suggestion of either “add t##@##.com as a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. MS Teams

Dear all,

I have problems. I cannot add external users and this problems have been repeated.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Guest users can see other users details and contact them

Guest permissions are not fully functional, guest users can enumerate users and see others details. Please see attached.
    When we have guest users in a team we don't expect them to see others' names and emails. We could deactivate the ability to create a chat inside Teams, but they can still see others email addresses.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base