Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Unable to upload files

Upload / attaching files is not working. It always says “ we are setting up your files”. But nothing is happening.

I tried making new accounts, new teams and even new channels. But the issue is always there and I can’t upload any file or even connect to my onedrive.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Moving a folder into a folder

It's not possible to move a created folder into another folder in the files area. You should be able to move folders in the same way as with files. Or even better with a drag and drop function. Right now I have to go trough sharepoint to move a folder into a folder

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. we can't get your files

We can't get your files
    We're working on getting them back.
    Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0. Scenario ID: B2D4EEC94EF94125AA0AA5CF2A240C7C

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. My teachers upload files in the section "file".Other students can find them,on the computer I can find them,but not on the app

Resolve this bug.I cannot find the files on the section files.And that is a problem of the app,because on the computer they are there

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Cannot sort by name in iOS app

Cannot sort by name of files/folder in iOS app like you can in web browser. Default view is last updated.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Unable to delete a document, getting an error.

Unable to delete a document, getting an error. I've tried to complete this task online, and through the app.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Onedrive sort by name not working

When trying to upload a file to a channel using Onedrive "attach" option, it looks like files and folders are sorted by "last modified date" regardless of hitting "name" to sort ascending or descending by name.

This made it very difficult to browse my OneDrive for Business for the files I needed, please fix!

FYI, this was posted in the "Public" feedback area, but it is definitely a bug, so reposting. (original post - https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/33178930-upload-file-from-onedrive-wrong-ordering-of-name)

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Shared Document not allowing Track Changes with multiple editors at the same time

I'm having and issue with Teams where two people are editing the same Word Document that is shared through Microsoft Teams, and "Track Changes" is on. After a period of time the program malfunctions. Usually this is in the form of one or both of the editors not able to save back their tracked changes. (A side note: both editors are using the desktop app since the online app doesn't really work that well yet) This means that in order to add the tracked changes you need either redo them with only one person editing the document at a time…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Wav file preview is not working anymore

In the previous versions, it was possible to listen to audio files inside channels or chats without downloading them. A recent update (in June 2020) has broken this feature for .wav files.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Files refresh unavailable

Since the enhancement to provide more SharePoint actions in the files tab, the refresh option has been removed.

It needs to be put back.

Removing the refresh option is hard to understand. Requiring end user to switch tabs back and forth to refresh files can't be a good UX design... Also, if your where inside a folder, after getting back into the files table you will need to go back to the folder.... Very inneficient.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. can't edit in teams word document

This is how it looks when trying to edit inside the app

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Moving a folder into a folder

It's not possible to move a created folder into another folder in the files area. You should be able to move folders in the same way as with files. Or even better with a drag and drop function. Right now I have to go trough sharepoint to move a folder into a folder

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Unable to open files via the Teams app.

When attempting to open files via the app. Im advised that the file cannot be opened due to the files not being supported. Running 13.2.2 currently on ipad. What i find strange is that all files would open prior to the update. I've deleted the app and reinstalled yet still unable to open files.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Excel files in Teams open directly in Edit mode

Recently, when we open Excel files in Teams or in Teams Tabs, it gets directly to edit mode. This is causing us issues as these excel files are linked to Power BI service and automatic refresh of the file fails if it's being edited.

Previously, if you opened an excel from Teams Tab, it was opened as a previe in read mode with Edit button appearing at the top. This button disappeared. Please bring back this option or make it so that we can select whether we want to open it in edit/Read mode.

Thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. lost attachment icon in teams

Hello

I have just been in a teams meeting and wanted to attach files in the meeting chat. The icon along with a few other icons has disappeared. I could do it yesterday in a different meeting - i am organiser for both of them. Neither are within a channel - just a calendar meeting set up. Where has it gone and how do i get it back?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Files tab does not show new shared files in Microsoft Teams chat

Hi,

This use to work but from few weeks ago when someone (or I) share a file in Microsoft Team Chat the files are shared but the Files tab is empty (OR it only holds files uploaded up until a few weeks ago)

I tried following the suggestion in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeo365admin-msoteams-mso_o365b/files-tab-does-not-show-any-files-in-microsoft/babd7ac5-a34e-43a2-aeeb-36c875ef3fd8?auth=1

1. Fully exit the Microsoft Teams desktop client. To do this, either right click Teams from the Icon Tray and select ‘Quit’, or run Task Manager and fully kill the process.

2. Go to File Explorer, and type in %appdata%\Microsoft\teams.

3. Once in the directory, remove all the files and restart…
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sending files issue in Teams app under Linux

I can't upload files in new Microsoft Teams app, version 1.3.00.30857 (64 bits) in operating system Linux Mint 20. In older versions it worked great. Via internet browser also works OK.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Files are not accessible anymore on apps in windows and iOS and I can not upload files anymore, App crashes on IOS

Files are deleted and the app says, a failure has occurred. I can not upload other files anymore.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Error when renaming SharePoint cloud storage folder in Teams

Teams gives an error while renaming a SharePoint external cloud storage folder. The error is "There is no operation handler registered for '{"operation66":["renameItem662","cloudStorageProvider_234"]}'." This happens in any client (browser or desktop) in any tenant. It seems the rename operation for SharePoint external storage folders is not properly configured.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Url in files

Les simples liens vers une adresse URL ne s'ouvrent pas dans l'onglet Fichiers de l'application TEAMS. Il faut passer par SharePoint...
    POURQUOI?
    Il serait très utile de pouvoir visualiser un lien vers une adresse url dans l'application TEAMS sans passer par SharePoint: " FRIENDLY USER " !!!
    Beaucoup de types de fichiers peuvent être visualisés directement dans les fichiers de TEAMS, mais pas un lien URL?????
    Les liens url sont activables et ouverts lorsque partagés dans l'onglet Publications, mais pas dans l'onglet Fichiers?????
    Come on!!! Take 8 minutes and fix that! It's just annoying!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base