Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Inbound Calls during Calls/Meetings disrupt the current activity

Inbound Calls during a Call or Meeting place the current call on hold (even large meetings) creating a disruption. These inbound calls should be pushed to voicemail. Example: Large meeting is taking place, an attendee gets an inbound call, immediately places the entire meeting on hold/disrupts the presentation/starts hold music across all audio.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams calls not ringing on Iphone

Calls are not ringing on my iphone. All notifications are enabled and not on dnd. On the desktop app the incoming calls are visible.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams Android won't switch to Bluetooth

When exiting Bluetooth automobile during an active call, I am unable to get the call to switch to reconnected Bluetooth headset. Exacerbating the situation is that call will not play on mobile device's speaker either.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. linux audio settings get reset

When starting a call, all my audio settings get reset to default (i.e. my bluetooth headphone switches to its default profile). This shouldn't happen as it is very annoying to switch back every time I have a meeting
    Edit: I should add: teams resets my audio profile, which I cannot set from the settings (I can only set the audio device there)

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Raised hand not synchronizing after coming back from breakout rooms

In every meeting I have had I encountered the following bug: After we have been brought back to the meeting from breakout rooms, other participants would only be notified that you raised your hand after toggling your microphone on and off. So sometimes students would raise their hands but the teacher cannot see them and thus cannot ask them to speak.
    If you leave the meeting and reenter after a breakout room session, the status updates normally for you, but others who stayed in the meeting will still encounter the bug. They will not see your hand if you do…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Unable to transfer calls to call queue in new meeting experience

In the "new meeting experience" when I answer an incoming call and try to transfer that call to one of the "call queues" we have set up, the call queue doesn't show up in the search. This is a major issue for us as we transfer a lot of incoming calls.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Incoming call on Teams kills an ongoing phone call on Jabber when using a speakerphone

Standard PC, Win10, having a headset and a speakerphone connected. Speakerphone is set in Cisco Jabber, Headset is set in MS Teams.
    I can call from one or the other while they use different audio device, all is fine. Where it gets critical, While on the phone (Cisco Jabber) using my speakerphone, if someone calls me on MS Teams it instantly kills my ongoing phone call...

We are a long time company using PC assisted comm tool and I can say this behavior is only seen with Teams, the Public Skype, GoToMeeting, Webex or any other type of conference software,…

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams calls drop after inactivity

After about 20 - 30 minutes, if nothing is done in the Teams platform then any current call will drop.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Where Art Thou Set-CsUser

I have the latest version of Skype for Business Online, Windows PowerShell Module, installed on the latest version of Windows 10 Professional. All of the Cs commands work without issue, for the exception of Set-CsUser. That command is missing. I can no longer enable Enterprise Voice for users. Since Microsoft Teams is still using Skype PowerShell module, instead of packing the PowerShell module utilizing the old legacy way, requiring to install like an Windows application, how about posting the Sype for Business as a normal module so we can use "Install-Module -Name SkypeForBusinessOnline"?

In the meantime, does anyone know how…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Pressing play/pause on keyboard play/pauses Teams ringtone (macOS)

When I'm listening to music in macOS, the play/pause on my keyboard forwards this command to the active music player (e.g. Music.app). This is very user friendly, as it allows me to stop the music with just a tap on my keyboard or TouchBar.

However... Teams (1.3.00.28778) has now decided to hijack this button. So whenever I receive a call, pressing play/pause will play/pause the ringtone, while the music continues playing. After answering the call pressing play/pause will even play the ringtone through the call.

Suffice to say that Teams hijacking my play/pause button is not expected behaviour.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Very Poor Video Quality

I'm facing very poor video quality during classes even with excellent internet connection. When same class is conducted on zoom with same number of students (i.e., more than 200) there is no issue of video quality.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Screen sharing keep freezing

When the organizer starts screen sharing sometimes it keeps freezing until I close the app or minimize.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Mic not working in Android Teams app in chats or meetings.

Mic isn't working in the Android Teams app. People can't hear me when I'm in a meeting - and no, I'm not muted. I can't use the mic in one on one chats either. The mic works fine in other mobile apps like text messaging.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Can’t join a started meeting

In the cellphone app sometimes the button of join meeting disappears and it’s imposible to join a started meeting even if you close and reset the app the bug continues. I realize that frequently happens when someone write in the general chat.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. I do not receive calls in MS-Teams for iPhone, even activated notifications of incoming calls.

I do not receive calls in MS-Teams for iPhone, even activated notifications of incoming calls.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Shared Voicemail Custom Greeting

I have followed the suggestions for creating O365 groups for shared voicemail in Auto Attendants but is there anyway i can change/personalise the greeting for the shared voicemail?

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Wrong number of meeting participants in call history (in teams admin center)

The number of meeting participants shown in call history is wrong (see screenshot attached - in red the correct number).

I used scheduled meeting and I checked the exact number of participants (organizer included) during the meeting. In many cases I also talked to each of them: I'm sure they were in the meeting. But the number then displayed in the call history doesn't correspond.

This is a problem since we thought to use that call history detail to monitor participants attendance to meetings and to check any absent student.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Teams will not allow you to sync contacts with non unique phone numbers from outlook when using it as a PBX.

Currently the teams 'calls' contacts will only sync contacts with unique phone numbers.

This means that if, like us, you are an MSP then you will have several contacts per client that have the same phone number. This limited functionality means that only 1 contact from that client will sync into teams - meaning that most contacts don't actually get brought over into teams.

I would like to see this changed, so that the phone number is set to a non unique field, allowing all contacts to sync across - even with duplicate phone numbers.

As per the screenshot -…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Unable to place a call on hold for the second time in a row in Teams

This affects both MS Calling Plan users and Direct Routing users. First attempt to place a call on hold is successful. On second attempt, call goes on hold, when Resume button pressed the call disconnects. This is a major issue, especially for Call Center scenarios.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Transferred calls should show original caller ID in history

When a call is transferred from a call queue the original number (Party A) is lost and not stored in the call history for the person it's being transferred to (Party C).

Instead, they just end up with a list of calls from whoever transferred the call (Party B).

Party A's Caller ID should be visible by Party C. Preferably with a note that it was transferred by Party B too.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base