MS Teams automatically adds people to group chats
I have encountered a strange behavior in MS Teams.
When you initiate a personal call with a member and then add new participants to the call, it will automatically match for a group chat with the new member added and transfer the call into the group chat.
Further when you add new participants to the call, it will directly add those participant to the group chat exposing the chat history.
All of this happens automatically without any warnings or user confirmations.
Steps to re-create,
1. Create a group chat with 2 other members, let's say "Person A" and "Person B". So the group chat has a total of 3 members including "You".
2. Initiate a personal call with "Person A" not from the group chat.
3. From the same call add "Person B" as a new participant.
4. This will automatically transfer the call into the group chat as a new call.
5. From the same call add "Person C" as a new participant, and this will automatically add this person to the group chat.
Thanks in advance.
Praveen Geevinda commented
Encounter the same issue. Hope Microsoft will fix this issue ASAP!