Teams meeting invite link has to be clicked twice to get into meeting
I have a daily meeting invite to a Teams meeting, I access from Outlook 365 calendar. Every day, the first click of the meeting takes me to a general "Teams" app page which has nothing to do with the meeting. Clicking the invite link a second time brings me to the proper prompt to join. In this case, I am an outsider, and I'm not part of the internal Teams meeting, and I'm validating as a guest joiner.
I see the same bug. Our company transitioned from Skype, and the Skype meeting links did not have this bug. This also happens to internal users.
1) Set up (or be invited to a teams meeting) and accept into outlook calendar
2) Close teams application if open
3) Clink on teams meeting link in outlook calendar
- Teams app opens up, but goes to main screen and not the clicked meeting.
- Need to click the meeting link in Outlook a second time for the now-opened Teams app to join the meeting
- Similar to Skype (and most non-Microsoft competitor products), Teams app should both open up and launch directly into the clicked meeting.
It is also a duplicate of the report below: