MS Teams for Linux - Sharing screen not working anymore [BUG]
since I have installed MS Teams latest version (1.3.00.16851), sharing screen is not working anymore.
I can share only a black screen red-bordrered; visible only contextual menu on mouse right click.
I had to downgrade to version 1.3.00.5153 and then sharing screen is restored.
Ditto! Raised a question in the forum too.
Hi, I experience the exactly same issue: Screensharing stopped working with the latest version of teams-insiders (1.3.00.16851). So I needed to downgrade to the previous version (1.3.00.14051). I just see a black window with a red border (this is exactly what is shared). I can see all tooltips, but not the main content.
I currently run an up-to-date Debian Unstable system. The package is retrieved via apt: 'deb [trusted=yes] https://packages.microsoft.com/repos/ms-teams stable main'
I have a notebook with the same debian version and 'similar' packages installed, where screensharing is still working (Lenovo X1 Carbon 2nd gen: Intel CPU, Intel graphics, X-Server, KDE/Plasma).
Summary of the setup where screensharing stopped working:
- CPU: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X 12-Core Processor
- Mainboard: MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
- Graphics-Card: MSI Radeon RX 560 Aero ITX OC 4GB
- Single monitor setup (1920x1200)
- QT-Version: 5.14.2
- KDE Plasma: 5.17.5
- X-Server: X.org 7.7
- Kernel: 5.7.6
- GPU-Module: amdgpu 19.1.0 (open-source version)
In contrast the working Notebook:
- CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3667U
- GPU: Integrated Graphics: Intel HD 4000
- Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon 2nd Gen (2012)
- Notebook monitor only (1600x900)
- SW-Versions are the same as on the system with the bug, except the graphics module
- GPU-Module: i915/intel 2.99.917
Feel free to reach out for further information