Users can no longer preview/expand images
For a couple weeks, no one on my team has been able to expand image files to preview them — both those posted in chats and in channels. Instead, when a user clicks on an image to expand it, she gets a broken image icon. We have to download images to view them expanded.
This issue has returned within the last couple of weeks for me.
I'm having the exact same issue and it's company wide.
This continues to be an issue for our company.
This issue was fixed the day I reported it, May 29, but it returned yesterday, June 15. We can no longer expand attached images within teams and instead get a broken image icon. This is very annoying.
James Michael Calderone commented
This issue has reappeared for my organization as well, and it's quite annoying. At one time I was able to reproduce the problem at will. I really think MS need to look at this as I keep seeing it reported and keep getting told that it's fixed. I really don't think the problem is understood.
User paste image into chat. The image appears broken for the user that pasted or for the user that received. Additionally clicking the viewer to see the image up close returns a broken image.
- I have found that this seems to be related to cache.
-Same users can try the web client and things look fine. at the same time they do not look fine from the client. At one time i could reproduce the problem at will, but I no longer can.
- I make sure that users are on .13565 version of teams.
- Toggling from the current chat to a diffferent chat (changing focus), then toggling back, fixes the display issue.
- I have also had users sign out (to clear cache), then log back in. This fixes the problem for a time.
- Users have also manually deleted cache files to fix the problem (I don'tn want them doing this).
- We have discvoered we have not excluded the cache from desktop scanning. We plan to exclude them. Is this the root cause?
I've had this problem for months, have to reboot to get images to open to enlarge them, although the are fine inline with the chat. No one else in the chat seems to have this problem, though.
Well, just a few hours after I reported this problem, it appears to have been fixed. Thanks.
This is a real bummer.