Remote webcam not in device list after connecting with RDP, must restart Teams first
Steps to reproduce this behavior
- Have teams running on one Windows machine (let's call it Machine 1)
- Ensure you have a webcam plugged into another machine (called Machine 2)
- Remote desktop into Machine 1 from Machine 2. Ensure you enabled the relevant "Video capturing devices" in Remote Desktop Connection dialog options (expand Options -> Local Resources -> choose More under "Local devices and resources").
- Now if you start a video call from Machine 1 with Teams logged in it does not have the remote webcam as an option under devices
- Restart Teams and then the remote device would be there