Teams Admin - Failed to add owner to member roster
There is a significant bug on the Teams Admin portal.
For every team we have, it is showing random students as OWNERS of the teams and those who are actually teachers as MEMBERS.
When using the Team client it reflects the teachers and students accurately.
Although now it has led to causing an issue where we cannot use the admin to make other staff owners and changing people to members as it picks up the wrong user completely.
E.G. adding myself to a team and making myself owner would add me to the team, and make a completely random student an owner. If I opt to make myself a member again, it will remove that student from the team completely.
On the developer console there seems to be a lot of errors coming from loader.bundle.js.
Can this please be looked into urgently and a work around given.
I've attached two screenshots.
Andreas Lange commented
it's now mid-February 2020 and the problem is still with us. The Microsoft Support refers to this entry as "solution".
Pedro Vervaeke commented
I have a similar behavior in the Teams admin portal.
Where i sort the members and owners in different ways, the role of the owner always stays in the same place. This is very confusing to see who has which role... This is indeed something that need be fixed.
At this point, i'm using the Team group in the regular admin center (main admin center) to change the roles and double check it by using PowerShell.
I also found significant delays in the synchronization between Teams admin portal and the client itself.
This still seems to be happening. This becomes a HUGE GDPR issue especially for us those in education which could land all of us in some serious trouble.
Please can this be looked into URGENTLY before any issues arise.
I have had very similar problems with morphing members and owners added through the Microsoft Teams Admin center. Users show as being owners in the Admin center, but this does not match what is displayed in the Teams client (desktop and web). Owners are also being removed completely and (as described above) random members show up as owners is the Teams client.
I checked in the associated SharePoint site and the member/owner assignments are different again. In the AD Azure Groups, the member/owner assignments seem to be the same as in SharePoint.
I am guessing this mismatching has to do with synchronization issues between the different group memberships sources, but it is not at all clear which is the defining place to make these changes and it makes it very frustrating and unreliable trying to manage membership and ownership.
Could I therefor also make a request that this is looked at urgently. Thank you.