I found a bug...

Very inconsistent replies from QnA bot :(

I've built a bot using Azure and QnA Maker based on a video from Microsoft Ignite.... The bot is working fine when testing within QnA and within the "Test in Web Chat" in Azure, but I am getting very inconsistent replies in Microsoft Teams. I added the bot using App Studio in Teams. It seems to work for a short time in the Teams Desktop app, but usually only with private chat OR with an @ Mention in a Team Conversation, but never both. I have had more success using the bot on the browser version of Teams, but it still suffers from similar inconsistencies. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the bot, with the same results, and have tried starting from the beginning with a new bot with the same results. Am I crazy, or is there something not working right here? Here is the video that I very precisely followed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1XAT_XiLF4&t=601s FYI: I'm using Teams free and Azure free

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brandon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This problem is still very much alive.... I keep wanting to present our bot to management, but it stops working every time I want to show it off :( It was working fine last night, but then this morning, not :( Why is this so inconsistent?

• Brandon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh, also, the "Channels" page in Bot Management in Azure shows the Teams Channel as "Running" with no errors.... All of the facts seem to show that the messages aren't getting out of Teams, so the bot never has a chance to reply

Feedback and Knowledge Base