I found a bug...

Outlook crashes due to the Microsoft Teams Meeting add-in

I've had a number of crashes in Outlook (Outlook version 1808) caused by the Teams add-in. The specific error from the Event log is:
Error - Source Outlook - Event ID: 1000
"Add-in execution error. Outlook crashed during the 'SelectionChange' callback of the 'ExplorerEvents_10' interface while calling into the 'Microsoft Teams Meeting Add-in for Microsoft Office' add-in. "

I'm not sure what I am doing in Outlook (if anything) when this happens. It seems to just crash randomly, but I suspect I am doing something and just not paying attention. It happens at most about once a day on average, but can slow down to once every few days at other times.

Searching the Event Viewer, this first started happening on 9/21/2018. Outlook and Teams (and all of Office) has been fully uninstalled and reinstalled, as well as creating a new Outlook profile, and neither of these have resolved the issue.

3 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bob Dankert shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.