I found a bug...

Notifications are not coming

After the new update, there is a problem in the notifications. While chatting if the window is minimized the new message notification is not appearing.

32 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Umananda shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have made a comment in Teams, and someone responded. But when I go back to review the information is gone. It is almost like I didn't get to it soon enough and then it disappeared.

my classes are not receiving notifications on any replies in the conversations and the students are missing important information. They are using multiple devices all with the same lack of notifications...

Big problem. I cannot use Teams on my PC, need to use the chat on my phone in order to stay current with the conversation.

• Alyssa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been experiencing this issue this week. Sometimes the notification banner appears but often it does not. The '1' icon does not appear on the icon either. This causes many missed messages.

• Olman Gonzalez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My entire team is having this same issue. No sound, banner or email notifications. One team member received a notification of a new chat she was already replying too... not too useful!

• CarolF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are having the same issue and it's annoying and a pain because it might be 2 hours or more before you go to look at the program and you have all these messages that you never knew you had.

• P Jensen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding to this, the audio chat notifications only work if you do not have the Chat tab opened. If the Teams window is not in focus and on the Chat Tab, audio and toast notifications do not display.

By switching to any other tab, the Audio and toast notifications will play.

Thus, my very dumb workaround is to just switch to the Meetings Tab when I walk away from my computer but have my wireless headphones on, thus ensuring I at least hear a ding when a message comes in.

• MR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same problem as rt. It's causing me to miss a lot of messages.

I can confirm that this is happening since today. All was working fine yesterday, and I have not changed any settings in Teams

• rt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Got a similar problem. In my case I do not get any notifications from the current active chat while the app is in background.
    Ex: If chat with A was open while minimizing the window I will not receive any notifications from A but will from B. If I start chatting with B and than minimize I will not receive from B but will receive from A.

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    OS Version: 10.0.16299 N/A Build 16299
    Microsoft Teams Version 1.1.00.19257

Feedback and Knowledge Base