I found a bug...

MFA challenge bug

On my account, I have access to several guest Teams. MFA is enabled on my account. For no reason, access to one of those guest Teams doesn't work anymore (used to work); switching to other Teams works. The process (and what it should be):
* My Teams/other guest Teams: Logon > MFA approval dialog > Approve on phone > Default team shows > Switch in app > app shows Team selected
* Problem Guest Team: Logon > MFA approval dialog > Approve on phone > Default Team shows > Switch to problem team > MFA approval dialog > no approval queued for phone, code doesn't work, etc. Can't bypass this MFA dialog which doesn't do anything.
Already tried disabling MFA, so now I have no (initial) MFA prompt, but for that problematic guest Team, I still get the MFA challenge which isn't an MFA challenge (no notifications pending).
This problem manifests in the same way on desktop client as well as iOS client when switching to that team.
Ideas/thoughts?

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Michel de Rooij shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.