Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Android app: Can't set availability status - always get message "something has hone wrong" . It always shows unknown.

Android app: Can't set availability status - always get message "something has hone wrong" . It always shows unknown.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I'm concerned as a message was sent from my account in the chat function of teams that I didn't type. Is there a way to get an IP address?

I'm concerned as a message was sent from my account in the chat function of teams that I didn't type. Is there a way to get an IP address?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Whenever you click back in the app regardless of what screen you are on you go back to activity.

When you click back you should go back to the screen or set of drop-down options on the team list you were on before. Having to navigate back into each screen to reach like 15 messages or so is driving me up the wall.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Notification

I'm getting notifications at random points all throughout the day, but it isn't to anything real because the app isn't syncing. Received 3 notifications on Tuesday at once telling me about messages last week that failed to send. Chats are days behind. Way too buggy...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Channels appear as hidden

For some reason, despite having plenty of free space, Teams hide channels, as evidenced in the screenshot. I assume this is a bug since it severely limits usability, and is one of many reasons for using one of the much better products out there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. When copy table from admin interface, it is not table on excel anymore

(Where is "admin interface from the category list when reports these??)

When I have call to be troubleshooting, the browser does not work, especially when I need to compare working and not working calls. It might be a shock, but browsers are not perfect on this.

So I go the call details and till "debug reports". Try to copy the details of the reports, and past to the excel gives everything in one column. When the source is multiple columns, but output is on one column, I call that as a bug.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Debug Reports have no real subject

(Where is category Admin Interface for these reports??)

Back to issue:
    When troubleshooting the call issue on user and go the the debug mode, it looks like attached picture shows (after I have closed all different sections).

The bug on here is, there are no name of the report. It should say which media type the report is.

And if you fix that, could you also add possibility to close these at once, so that I do not need to do one by one.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Only last names displayed in Activity Feed & push notifications

Usernames in activity feed and push notifications only show user’s last name

Platform: macOS & iOS apps

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Guest cannot access Teams using browser

We use Teams (Office 365) and our guest wanted to access our meeting, using the browser access possibility. We tried to accept their request to join us, but the action failed and the guest remained in the "waiting room". Our guest's workaround was to download and use the desktop app. But a working guest access by way of the web browser would be much better ...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Cannot get conversation

Behaviour description:
    Client running in background
    Get new activity notification
    Click on notification
    Client opens in relevant chat or channel
    Displays "we can't get the conversation"
    1st occurrence resolved by restarting mobile
    2nd time gad to uninstall /install app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Profile picture quality decreases

After first change, the profile photo appears in original quality on the people page, but after moving to any other page, the quality decreases and the pic looks pixelated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. External Suggestions

When typing in a suggested user @tag it recommends e-mail addresses outside of the Teams platform.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The Teams window randomly disappears.

The process keeps running, but the window is gone. Happens a couple times a week (Mac desktop client 1.2.00.17856).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Guest permissions are not populated to new channels

Guest permissions both set in Teams and admin center apply only to General channel. If we create a new channel under the team, guest users can reply to posts, and even create new posts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Word 2016. Using Quick Part w/ auto-numbered caption screws up cross-references to other figures/tables in the same caption category.

Bug in Word 2016 (and previous versions). We create a Quick Part to insert a table with an auto-numbered figure caption; this serves as a frame for inserting pictures consistently and quickly. However, if you use the Quick Part to insert a figure frame above an existing figure frame, Word screws up the cross-references. Sometimes it's the cross-reference to the figure before that doesn't get updated (using CTRL+A, F9) or sometimes it's the figure after. If you have 10 or more figures, some of the cross-reference will update to reference the last figure in the file. This basically defeats the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Unable to rejoin Meeting Chat

I'm a member of a recurring meeting. After the last meeting, I left the chat by selecting Chat > {the meeting} > Leave.

The next time the meeting started, I can't see or join the chat. There is a message "You can't send messages because you are not a member of the chat." I can see the chat from the last meeting up until the point I left, and it said I left the meeting.

When I view the meeting series and select Chat with participants, I see a message "Sorry, chat is unavailable until you join the meeting", even…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. duplication of files in Teams

When i Upload a file in Teams, the original file starts duplicating itself without limitations. I cannot seem to stop the process other then removing the orginal file. What am I doing wrong?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. modern authentication - url/tab for other authenticator option is missing

Steps to reproduce:
    User wants to login in Teams, but modern authentication isn't enabled yet for cloud application.
    User gets prompt to setup modern authentication
    Only the QR code for Microsoft authenticator is displayed, option for other authenticators (like Google authenticator) is missing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. All Contact Groups under Chat>Contacts are vanishing after logout and re-login

This is a very strange one and it happened to me twice. I had created a number of Groups with multiple colleagues under the Chat > Contacts tab. I had to logout from Teams and later on re-login Then I realised all Groups were gone! I re-created the Group list (which btw takes a lot of time in my case because of the number of departments/users) and last week I had to logout again and re-login today. To my surprise the Groups were once again gone!

Obviously this is a bug that needs to be fixed urgently as Teams chat…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.