Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. After edited the file by Microsoft teams, the file can't be renamed or deleted.

It will show a error message that the file is lock.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Connectors incoming Webhook image cannot be updated

After updating the incoming webhook icon image, still showing the original image.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Having trouble sharing screen on OSX

Hello

I am having a problem sharing my screen with Teams client on OSX. On mission control I have couple of Desktops and when sharing occasionally the app would switch to a different Desktop. This is only happening with Teams not with Skype or any other application that I use to share my screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams Meetings scheduled in teams are not editable. The dates are blanking out and the channel setting is incorrect.

The dates are blanking out and the channel setting is incorrect. Getting the error message: "Meeting is either cancelled or you are not a member of it."

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. During chat, new messages not visible until I press "New Messages" or scroll down

When I am in a private chat with someone, each time they send me a message, the message is not shown to me. Instead, I get a button at the bottom of the feed showing that if I scroll down (or click the button) I can see the new message. I assume this functionality is intended for when I've scrolled up to look at historical messages, but it's being overeager.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Switching Tenants - primary tenant missing

When I switch to a tenant where I have Guest Access my tenant pick list doesn't include my primary tenant for my company. This is a new behavior since yesterday.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. The Teams Meeting add-in causes a crash in Outlook 2016 when switching folders.

The Teams Meeting add-in for Outlook causes a crash in Outlook 2016 when switching folders. When I remove the add-in Outlook works fine.

This only happens on my 64-bit machine, not on my 32-bit machine, where I can use the Teams Meeting add-in without any problem.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Snowblind! White screen of nothingness when opening Teams.

Snowblind! White screen of nothingness when opening Teams.

Workaround: I can get teams to work if I toggle the channel from Prod to SlimCore@SpaceTest10 and back to Prod. I have to do this each time I want to use Teams on this PC!?!?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Extremely slow lately

The teams app has become extremely slow lately. Everything takes time - starting a new chat, navigating to a channel, opening a tab etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Private chat messages are sometimes not displayed on the client even though notifications arrive

We have seen this happen a couple of times in our organisation:

1) Teams desktop client is running
    2) Somebody writes me a private chat message
    3) I get a notification about the new message, and it's shown in the Activity tab, but not in the actual private chat

After restarting the client, the message is shown normally.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. we can't get your files

We can't get your files
    We're working on getting them back.
    Unexpected character encountered while parsing value: <. Path '', line 0, position 0. Scenario ID: B2D4EEC94EF94125AA0AA5CF2A240C7C

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow external users to access group chat

Why isn't it possible to add external users to group chat? It's a big step backwards comparing to Skype for Business and it makes life more difficult for companies working with various clients on a daily basis.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Online meeting info was NOT included in an invite from outlook

Some participants could not get their Teams client(s) to work. So I cancelled the meeting and recreated it as a Skype meeting. Where previously Skype meeting info was placed into the invite during composition now, like Teams, it is placed into the message at send time. This is unfortunate. For whatever reasons (we apparently have no access to usable logs, so my IT folks tell me) online meeting info was NOT placed into the message. Making it unusable. So my requests are: (1) place Teams|Skype info into the composition window. This ensures the user knows there is (or isn't) a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. The @ mention autocomplete in Teams channels is searching outside our organization. Looks like it might be global.

Individuals outside our organization are showing up in the autocomplete when we go to add an @ mention to a post.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Use the standard text sizes in iOS

I use the small font size in my device settings, but I have never seen text as small as in Teams for iOS.

Please use standard text sizes throughout the app. This will mean that the text size that your users see will be the size they expect to see, rather than whatever makes it easier to design overly complex UI with.

I understand this will be a large rewrite, that’s okay, the sooner you do this, the better.

Please refer to the Human Interface Guidelines provided by Apple: https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/ios/visual-design/typography/

Microsoft also has some advice on the importance of text…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. False unread msg on android app

team mobile app shows unread messages notification on app icon, even though I already read them on the desktop app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Search only searches for matching messages, but there is no way to see nearby messages in timeline.

When using search in chat history, the search only shows specific messages that match the search, but most of the time you are looking for messages that led up to or followed the message 'hit'. There is no workable way from chat search to see this other context, you have to look at date & time of hits and then scroll (forever) to the appropriate context. If either (a) you could click the time on the message and it took you to the message in the timeline, or (b) you could immediately see surrounding messages, it would be better. I…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. External Guests can’t access meetings

Guests can’t join meetings, despite having set up Teams access to meetings for external guests following Microsoft’s instructions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Display "Meeting was Renamed" in the initial chat box for a teams meeting

When I create a teams meeting, and then join it in Teams, there is a chat that "*** renamed the meeting to ***". However, the meeting is with the initial name. The info in chat will confuse users, and is completely unnecessary.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Excel File Preview doesn't show attached objects

We are migrating to using TEAMS instead of a shared file server. Recently I started using Excel to load all the pictures, information, and PDF's we need on specific customer orders. Everything looks okay in the file view except for the inserted OBJECT PDF.

The work around we have found is that you have to download the entire file to your local PC/Phone and it then shows the attached PDF.

Is there something we are missing?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.