Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Filtering by Team does not show all the channels

Recent updates to the MicrosoftTeams client make finding a channel in a Team difficult if you know the name of the Team but not the channel.

In the latest Teams client update, you changed the way users search/filter on Teams and channels. It makes it EXTREMELY difficult to find or browse a channel in a Team.

The process now for finding a channel in Teams is as follows:
    1) Filter on Team (it only Shows the General Channel)
    2) Click on the ellipses "..."
    3) Click on "Manage Team"
    4) Click on "Channels"
    5) Click on the Channel...

That's FIVE…

173 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams will send chat messages to mailboxes that don't have Teams

The issue is that users in our tenant are able search for and send Teams chat messages to mailboxes and users that don't have Teams. This includes shared mailboxes and users with Exchange only license. (O1) Neither of those have the ability to log into Teams.

Here is the original post:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/teams-will-send-chat-messages-to-mailboxes-that/e75381bb-617d-47cb-9894-fe111698fb77

58 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Search results for a guest

As a guest, we do not see the left pane (the white left pane with messages contacts or files filter).

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search only searches for matching messages, but there is no way to see nearby messages in timeline.

When using search in chat history, the search only shows specific messages that match the search, but most of the time you are looking for messages that led up to or followed the message 'hit'. There is no workable way from chat search to see this other context, you have to look at date & time of hits and then scroll (forever) to the appropriate context. If either (a) you could click the time on the message and it took you to the message in the timeline, or (b) you could immediately see surrounding messages, it would be better. I…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. The teams search will find old UPNs which cannot be clicked on after domain change

Microsoft Teams displays multiple users in chat history search when UPN is changed. Often the old UPN will result in a 404 and is not clickable.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Searching for messages across all teams returns "No matches found."

If you try to search via the Global Search bar for a specific text string, which appeared in a message which was posted in one of the teams you are a member of, it returns "No matches found." It only returns the right result, when I manually go into "More filters" and specify in which team the message was originally posted. The problem is: I am a member of many teams and often I can't remember, in which team the message was posted. I would expect the global search to search for messages across all the teams I am a…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Planner "Filter by keyword" Board

I am using the "Filter by keyword" option in Planner on the Board view.

The filter window is only accepting 1 character at a time before it closes so I have to click on the Filter dropdown each time I want to add a new character.

I am using the Teams software at work so it is the enterprise version.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Order contacts

Why we can't order our contacts?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. search does not work in the Teams Linux app

I am using the Linux Teams app 1.3.00.5153 on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and search does not work. Whatever I search for, I receive "We didn’t find any matches.", even if I search for messages that definitely exist. Fellow Teams users report that search works on the Mac and does not work on Linux.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams for Mac extremely slow after search

After searching and clicking on a search teams for mac becomes extremely slow if you want to switch back to conversation in another team or chat. Its faster to just force close teams and re-open it.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Search does not search SharePoint site pages

The Microsoft Teams UI search functionality does not seem to search site pages created on the SharePoint sites associated with the teams. However, it does search, according to the file type menu, Office files (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), images, text files and PDFs. Given that SharePoint, itself, does search site pages, it seems a bug that the Teams UI does not provide this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. [Bug] auto attendant dial by name search

Nature of the bug seems to be that the dbn system converts the keypad numbers to alphabetical names, and if the alphabetical names match up to first three letters, then multiple names are correctly outputted as options for the caller to select. However if the keypad numbers for the names are the same, but the alphabetical names are not, then the name with the highest alphabetized precedence is listed, and any other lower alphabetized name is not. This applies to first or last names, same problem with both. Instead what the system should be doing is also checking if the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Search takes into account accents ex. éric will not be found when searching for eric

Searching for Eric should return names with accents like éric as was the case for Skype.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. A reliable test for the virus

The last couple of days I feel strange, sometimes there is a fever, sometimes a cough and it scares me. I want to do a CAVID test, but I've heard that IT doesn't detect the virus with 100% accuracy. Do you know any quick and reliable way to check for a virus?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Pet parrot

A couple of days ago, I saw an incredibly beautiful parrot on TV and I realized that I wanted to have a parrot. But I don't understand them at all, and I could use someone's advice

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Search function very slow/not responding

When use search function, whole computer become very slow or sometime not responding. After click on search result also take very long time to turn to result page.

Besides that, it will be great if Microsoft Team have "reply to specific message" function.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. watch CALL RECORDING

I want to watch CALL RECORDING, I can´t do it. I look at a message that says: "Microsoft Stream didn´t find the video.
    But other people can watch it. What can I do? I hope you answer soon That you
    (I speak spanish)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Search doesn't come up with things that I know for a fact were posted about

Search has the worst results. It doesn't find anything.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Searching messages for a known IP address returns zero hits

I'd like to search messages for a specific IP address. I already have some messages containing the text 10.99.20.1

If I search for "10." then I get some hits,

but if I search for "10.9" I get no hits.

How can I search for IP addresses? Or numeric values in general?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. User not appearing when name is searched in Teams, but appear in Chat and Team groups

We still have users working with S4B for the time being. Most have adopted Teams completely and no longer rely on S4B. I have noticed that in the Teams search field at the top, that some users do not appear unless their email address is entered, their first last or even full name doesn't find them. They are showing in various Teams groups when you Manage Team, and their name appears when added to the contacts in Chat as well. Is this a design problem or a domain issue?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base