Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Memory utilization for MS Teams

As all of us know, MS Teams uses an enormous amount of memory.

Time for Microsoft to solve the problem of very high memory utilization by MS Teams.

Microsoft: Please work on this issue with high priority. We cannot accept 2,3 and sometimes 4 GB RAM consumption by MS Teams.

112 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Excel freezes during screen-sharing session

I always share Screen instead of Excel app/file.  I've had to quit and re-open Excel spreadsheets too many times during screen-sharing sessions.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Extremely slow lately

The teams app has become extremely slow lately. Everything takes time - starting a new chat, navigating to a channel, opening a tab etc.

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams desktop memory and CPU leak

Windows 7 with all updates. Desktop Teams 1.2.00.21068 (64-bit) - the latest available for me at this moment. High CPU and memory usage (see attached image). Teams window is not active, no chats and other activity. It happens sometimes, I can't find any pattern. The only way is to kill processes. Closing the app just closes that process with high memory usage.

Installed Memory - 8 GB, Processor - Intel Core i5-2320

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Slow performance

The teams app when downloaded is effecting the system performance.. both in mobile and desktop.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. TEAMS browser CPU and memory leak

Reporting a memory leak bug in TEAMS running inside a browser.
    There is a resource leak or infinite loop condition or something. It will gradually escalate to using 99%+ of the CPU and eventually eat up all the memory too. Closing the Teams tab fixes the problem immediately. I’ve been able to reliably reproduce this in Chrome, Edge, and Firefox (haven’t tried in IE or Safari) across three different Windows 10 devices. I don’t need to do anything beyond login to Teams, and it starts to devour resources.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Keeps changing status to 'away' when I'm actively using my computer, and won't let me change back to available

Keeps changing status to 'away' when I'm actively using my computer, and won't let me change back to available.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Virtual Cameras Gone with last update

I use a Sony A7R as my camera so that I can have full control of the images I'm presenting during meetings in Teams. With the last update, MS has taken away all virtual cameras. If I revert back to an earlier version of Teams they work perfectly....but within a short time Teams, auto-updates and the camera goes away. MS seems to take great features away with every update.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cant upload files.. message says We are setting up your file directory.Try refreshing the page after a few minutes or check back later.

Cant upload files.. message says We are setting up your file directory.Try refreshing the page after a few minutes or check back later.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. MS Teams for Linux - Sharing screen not working anymore [BUG]

Hello
    since I have installed MS Teams latest version (1.3.00.16851), sharing screen is not working anymore.
    I can share only a black screen red-bordrered; visible only contextual menu on mouse right click.
    I had to downgrade to version 1.3.00.5153 and then sharing screen is restored.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Submitted Onenote assignments are not locked to editing when viewed in Teams

Once a student submits a Onenote assignment, the page should be locked to editing in the student notebook. When a submitted page is opened by the student with the browser or desktop app (Windows), the page is, in fact, locked and cannot be edited. If, however, the student views the assignment in Teams and then notebook page is opened in Teams, it will display in read-only mode. Then if the student clicks the "Edit Notebook" button the notebook page can be opened and edited in both the browser and the desktop app. It is effectively not locked to the student,…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sharing screen problems - Presentation mode not working as intended MTR / SRS

The sharing screen with HDMI is not working as intended.

Static connected devices, such as ClickShare, Wepresent, Airtame, local PC, InstaShow, etc. will appear in sharing automatically when in a meeting call. But this won't "disconnect" or stop when the button to disable sharing is pressed. You have to physically disconnect the HDMI cable.

As for most of our customers, they have a device connected to HDMI at all times. All these MS Teams rooms now become close to useless due to these issues now. Users are frustrated, IT-support cases are growing in huge numbers due to this.

In case…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams stutters and lags extremely after being open awhile, has to be quit fully and reopened to stop lagging

After having teams open for a few hours, possibly after sending a few stacks of messages, the application starts lagging heaps. For example, it may lag while typing (if I press ENTER to send, it wont register, and registered the next half of the second message in the first message instead), takes 1000 years to load other chats, takes ages to load the next message etc. I have had to open Teams in the hidden icons area of the TaskBar, and QUIT and reopen Teams.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams Windows app is slow, not snappy, it carries it's heaviness around.

The Teams Windows desktop app has been always a slow performing app since itis not native. Many a times it just get stuck after logging in. Stays like that for minutes. The app UI is not snappy at all. It takes up a lot of memory. Natively built (even c# win forms) applications perform in a much better way than these electron apps.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. So very laggy

Teams is all but impossible to use on my machine, a MacBook Air. It lags and takes up lots of memory, causing every other app on my computer to run slow as well.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Recordings cannot be deleted from chat

Hi, when you record a meeting you cannot delete it from the chat. It is automatically deleted after 21 days but this is not enough.

The problem is that even if all students agree to be recorded and something happens during an online class and a student does not agree anymore for the recording to be available - the teacher cannot remove it.

best,
    Lara

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Team Call Crashes Windows Audio Service - no sound

Since a windows update Driver update on Thursday 11th June, launching a Teams call crashes the Windows Audio Service and therefore sound does not work. Sound works fine in general - only crashes when launching a teams call via web OR client.

Workstation : Dell AIO Optiplex 5270
    New driver that crashes : Realtek Semiconductor Corp 6.0.8940.1

We support a number of schools and this issue is spreading like wildfire depending upon when the workstation picks up the update.

Repo steps : Using a workstation that uses this driver, run windows updates. Launch a team call.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Screen share doesnt work

Just tried using Teams for a remote meeting for sharing screens. Complete failure and nothing works. Screen share invites not sent or received by anyone in the chat. Is this a known issue?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. We have users in multiple groups in shifts, but doesn't sync schedules across each group

We have users in multiple groups in shifts, but doesn't sync schedules across each group. Can you please look at allowing a user's scheduled to be sync when you are in multiple teams and groups? i.e. we have a separate Leadership Team and Sales Team, but a couple of users are in both. This means we need to manually enter our shifts for each team.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base