Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Team macOS app not working

I've been using the Team macOS app for months now. Yesterday, out of a sudden it crashed and will not start up again. The app launches, but when it is trying to log in, this does not work (see screenshot).

I already tried to:

• restart mac

• clear some application data / caching things

• re-install teams app

It still is not working. I also attached the log file, maybe this helps.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Version 1.2.00.13765 on macOS is using Discrete graphics continuously

"You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.2.00.13765. It was last updated on 6/3/19."

After this update, my MacBook Pro (15", 2017) is now continuously using the Radeon graphics system instead of falling back to Intel graphics to conserve power. This is obviously a massive hit to battery. Please investigate ASAP... I'll be happy to provide any logs needed if you can point me in the correct direction.

See attached PNG from gfxCardStatus (menubar applet) showing that Teams is the app to blame.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams Notifications on OSX Notifications Screen Missing

Microsoft teams does not show up on Notifications settings window. All other MSFT tools like Outlook, OneNote, Excel, etc. show up. If a new . chat comes up, you need to be watching the icon vs. setting it up with a notification method (banners, alert etc.). This needs to be compliant with MacOS standards. Also, Teams app needs icons in Touchbar - most important one will be Mute/unmute button for calls. Thank you.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Change organisations crash the client on Mac

I'm in two organisations that use Teams. One at work and the other on my spare time.

It would be nice if I could conntect two different mailadresser to one Teams.

Today I must switch between the two organisations and when I switch the client crashes, se attachment.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I cannot edit Wiki tab section etc on iPhone or iPad!

Impossible to edit anything on Wiki tab from iOS. This makes no sense. Please find a solution ASAP.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Teams for Mac uses high performance GPU

When I look in the task manager on my MBP Teams is using the high performance GPU. I’m viewing conversations this doesn’t seem right and risks chewing up battery life.

I’d like to see better power saving performance out of this app that I have to spend a lot of time in.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Having trouble sharing screen on OSX

Hello

I am having a problem sharing my screen with Teams client on OSX. On mission control I have couple of Desktops and when sharing occasionally the app would switch to a different Desktop. This is only happening with Teams not with Skype or any other application that I use to share my screen.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can't select and copy more then 10 messages in conversation

1. Can't select and copy more then 10 messages in conversation

2. Can't select only part of message, its automatically selects all message

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Option+Shift+Command+V to paste text without any formatting

It should be possible to paste text without any formatting into a chat or channel using keyboard shortcut Option+Shift+Command+V.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. my microphone isn't working in Teams App on a MAC Book Pro

my microphone isn't working in Teams App on a MAC Book Pro. The web meetings work, but not the native app on the Mac.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Unable to leave a team which was deleted

Teams v 1.1.00.8752 installed on a Mac running Sierra 10.13.4. I am unable to leave a Team which was previously deleted. When I click Leave the team - a generic error pops up and says "An error occurred" and the Team remains in my list. I was able to remove it from the Favorites but the team still shows in the "More" section. When I log in to the online/web version of Teams the team in question does not show up in any list or when searching for it (it shouldn't since it was deleted by the owner).
    I tried…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Freezes when connecting to external devices

When connecting external displays and conference equipment the Microsoft teams application becomes unresponsive for more than 2 minutes. The issue can be replicated on other Mac devices and other connected equipment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Not responsive, issue when worked along with Charles proxy

Many times teams crashes when used along with apps like Charles proxy.
    When bandwidth is moderate, teams call/ sharing gets stuck/distorted even though Skype & Zoom works fine in that bandwidth.i.e requires high bandwidth.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams does not respect normal keyboard input

When typing into a text field in Teams, whether for a channel or individual conversation, the app doesn't respect expected input behavior, such as detecting user-added text shortcuts. Showing the context menu for selected text in input also shows custom "Cut, Copy, Paste" menu options but excludes every expected option normally shown for selected text on the Mac.

This is a hostile experience for Mac users and is yet another example of Microsoft not understanding how to properly build a Mac app. Please address these and the other deficiencies in the Mac app ASAP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. CSV files from assignments with newlines in feedback break in Excel on Mac

When importing a CSV generated from assignments with newlines in the feedback, Excel on MacOS puts every new line in the first column on the next row instead of putting the feedback in a multi-line formatted cell. See the attached screenshot.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Teams links (in email) not opening in app OSX

When I get a link to a file on teams in an email, clicking it opens up in safari (which only loads teams web app 75% of the time). There is no option on Mac to force links to open in app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. screen transmission

TEAMS is not displayed in Mac Settings--> Screen Shots (macOS Catalina Version 10.15).
    Therefore the screen transfer function is not available.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Search bar shortcuts Ctrl+P and Ctrl+N behave inconsistently when compared to other applications

In most (essentially all?) desktop applications on MacOS, the Ctrl+P and Ctrl+N in search fields and similar input fields toggle between results and whatnot. For example, in browsers (tested on both Firefox and Chrome), typing something in the address bar and pressing Ctrl+N will move down the list of suggested addresses, while Ctrl+P will move up the list of suggested addresses.

In Teams, if you press ⌘+G and then Ctrl+N or Ctrl+P, you will not navigate between the suggested teams/channels, but instead the text cursor will move. Also, I believe I have observed at least two different behaviors for the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams does not react anymore and restarts if chat message is to large (MacOS)

If you paste a really large HTML code into a private channel message, Teams does not react anymore and restarts after a while. Furthermore, it is not possible to remove the message once it was pasted into the chat box. Reinstalling the app on MacOS does not solve the problem. Finally, I am not able to chat with my peer anymore via the MacOS app. The solution is to use another app like the WebApp oder iOS App which works normally.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams appears to quit after a unknown period of time of inactivity. MAC OSX

• Teams appears to quit after a unknown period of time of inactivity.
      o Users stop getting notifications, and most often realize it when a message comes on their phone and not to the computer
      o When they click Teams, it launches as if it was closed

• We have the correct settings on Mac to auto-start at boot up, and to keep running if app is closed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base