Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Multiple bugs when switching organization accounts

I have 3 Teams account that I use : one master account for my company as well as guest accounts with 2 of my current customers. When I use the laptop app, I regularly have bugs when I have to switch between accounts (multiple times a day). The last one that occurred showed a red warning in front of my guest accounts, and when hoovering on it, it said "we have trouble signing you in". If I tried to force the switch, but all my customer's contacts in the chat were displayed as "unknown users" and I couldn't contact anyone...…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. On samsung galaxy 20 it keeps logging me out

On samsung galaxy 20 it keeps logging me out every few days.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Using the Android app, the laughing emoji is not available as a reply response. (It is available via the web interface)

I notice that, when I'm trying to reply with just one of the available emojis, using the Android app, the laughing emoji is not available as a reply response. (It is available via the web interface)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Teams steals focus during meeting causing security risk!

During a meeting, if a meeting participant turns on their camera or begins sharing their screen and I am in another program, the MS Teams meeting window will steal focus from whatever program I'm currently working in.

It only seems to happen when someone presents (or stops presenting) or shares their camera (or stops sharing camera). Notifications or chats within the meeting don't seem to do this.

Sometimes the bug will also perform a "click" function and toggle on/off whatever the last object I toggled. For example, say I muted myself and then switched to a Chrome browser, when this…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams channel not synchronized with call queue

The Channel I use for my Call queues is not synchronized at all.
    When I leave the queue via my calls menu in the settings the channel still tells me I am part of the queue. The History is not up to date, from my experience this worked in the past. Also when my colleague leave our call queue it is not reflected on my end.

Here is the link to my previous post.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/call-queue-opting-out-not-displayed-correctly-for/9ea431d1-2f7b-490c-a6e7-c6bfe807cf66

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. adding participants to a private chat audio or video call converts it to a group chat which can't be changed back to a private chat

Let's say I have a private chat, just me and another user. We're on a call together and need to invite someone else to answer a specific point. Using the Add Participants option converts this private chat to a group chat for everyone, and when that added participant leaves the chat group, it remains in their chat history, but it also remains as a group chat that now contains only 2 members (the original two in the private chat) rather than being converted back to a private chat. When one person in the original private chat calls the other person…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mobile Chat

When messaging someone using the android app, if you want to chat you have to click the test box. In doing so, the name of the recipient kind of scrolls up and out of the screen i.e. I can't see the name of recipient. This is sometimes annoying and unnecessary as only the chat needs to scroll and not the name.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Keyboard

On-screen keyboard appears involentarily whenever i switch in between Teams, Chats or even in betweem apps.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. A BUG - Unable to remove or change profile photo in Teams free (not in desktop app, mobile app nor on web)

Hi,

after several days of trying to remove or at least to change my profile photo, I am giving up - it cannot be done.

Can you somehow delete it? Where is it stored??

No error was reported. I click Remove photo and then Save, the windows closes, but no changes are visible. I have tried it al at least 20 times (desktop app, web, phone app). The photo keeps reappearing after "being removed".

There is a link attached - i posted this question already and was advised to post it here, since they think it is a bug.

Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Unable to search group names n add at once in chat

Can't add teams via search option during meeting

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Status between computer and mobile

It keeps not synchronizing status between computer and mobile. If one is working on a computer as available status and for some reason needs to transfer activity to mobile the activity status on mobile keeps undefined

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Some messages not received on mobile app

Some messages, but not others, are received on the mobile app. It seems a bit random, but one consistent problem I've noticed is if someone sends two consecutive messages in a chat, only the last messages appears in the mobile app (but both appear in the desktop app). Obviously, this leads to a lot of confusion.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. MS teams popups on android persists on the screen

MS teams popups on android persists on the screen

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Missed call/Voicemail notification

App keeps telling me there's a missed voicemail in the calls section. When I go there, there is no voicemail. This does remove the red dot for a time, but it does return. Also the drawer doesn't open correctly the first time, it like half opens, i have to close and then reopen it to even get to the voicemail area

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Notifications are stale.

When I get a new message on pc, it takes minutes for the phone notification to appear. And usually by that point I have already responded. Notification sticks around well after I've responded.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Why do I have to answer the poll I created?

As the meeting organizer, I created a couple of polls. When I launched the polls during the meeting, I am also required to submit a response. I do not want to do that. Perhaps prevent submission of poll answers from poll creators or provide an option for the creator to opt out. Thank you!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. A lot of burocracy

Teams is not user-friendly at all when compared to others meeting platforms! A lot of burocracy, specially the assignment process. By the way, the whole platform is highly complex. Looks like a chess master designed it for another being, not human, maybe for some kind of 20th century robot that miss a lot Windows3.1. Microsoft should change your name for Puzzlesoft, Micropuzzle, Puzzlehard, etc... something really hard to deal with it. If one is asking why my comment is in this section is cause Teams bugs my mind. Want an example? Look at this terrible box to write!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Teams iOS app breaks when off work network.

Teams breaks almost daily when I'm off the work network. Works fine at work, even for a little while when I'm at home but by the morning its broken and will not update. I will get the notifications but unable to see or respond to messages. As soon as i get back to work it starts working again. iPhone X, iOS 14.6, app version 3.8.1. Multiple iPhone users in the same org report similar issues.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base