Bug Reports

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about potential bugs within Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Background effects application is confusing

Background effects can be important for privacy. The current mechanism is: Choose a background, and then press "Apply and turn on video" button. I often make the mistake of choosing a background, and then turning on video with the video control (not the "Apply and and turn on video" button) and so not getting my chosen background. This is annoying at least; more importantly it can violate a privacy choice.

At the very least, the button should just be "Apply" (without "and turn on video"). Having different ways to turn on the video is confusing. This is a bug.

More…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When setting a channel to "Only owners can post messages" any non-owners can still reply to posts in that Channel.

When you configure "only owners can post messages" this should extend to replies as well, effectively making certain channels read only.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow user to override Microsoft ip reputation data on application layer before Azure AD

Please review the following post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/msteamstfb-msteamssignupin-msteams_subin/my-account-has-been-blocked-in-teams/ea98eb91-ac3c-4828-b40a-d420cd5356bc

Microsoft uses some third party low quality ip reputation provider (like MaxMind) and uses its data to block user on Azure AD layer (Malicious IP address https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/identity-protection/concept-identity-protection-risks). This absurd makes Microsoft Teams unusable from most popular providers like OVH, Hentzner, etc ip ranges (many ip addresses from their ranges persists in MaxMind fraud databases).

Please review Google and Amazon solutions: Microsoft can allow user to whitelist his ip addresses, so it won't be treated as suspicious on Microsoft layer (before Azure AD). Please don't try to response with "contact your Azure…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. User "Log off" keeps credentials stored, Security Problem with shared user accounts / devices

Using Teams with Android or desktop version on a public client like "meeting room computer", no personalized user account.
    After Teams log off (Options: log out) no password is asked, credentials are stored locally. If you can guess the username like firstname.lastname its easy to gain access to their data, when this person has used Teams on this public machine before.

This problem has been adressed a while ago, the known workarounds like deleting the local %user% app cache doesn´t work anymore.

Another option, disable client via azure admin is the wrong way.

The easiest solution would be an option…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. How do I stop OTP request for my account?

I do not wish to be asked OPT for few of my accounts because it's a school account and only one parent can access OTP.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. teams sends hidden authentication request without asking user first

When working in some other app while having Teams opened in the background, Teams can suddenly initiate authentication attempt without any user action.
    For end user it looks like "please press accept in your authenticator app" window. Nor the window itself, not phone authenticator app, nor Teams shows who exactly initiated this request. It may be a remote attacker or some virus. Only after declining it you see, that Teams starts complaining about not being able to authenticate.

Expected behavior: if logging in requires approval from two-factor app, Teams shows notification about it to the user so that user would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I have found a bug in the screen sharing system where the user on the other side still can hear my sound after the screen share stops.

If you screen share a window, for example, a youtube video with sound, and then close down the window the user on the other side of the call can still hear the sounds from the previously closed window if I open it up again. I find this very concerning since it invades my privacy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. breakout room

mute people when they return to main meeting from Breakout Rooms
    the EUX is awkward we had a live meeting and we got a lot of background noise until everybody else mute themselves after we asked

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. I can't change my profile picture.

We want to change the profile picture because it has bothered some of my teachers and they're asking to change it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Cannot open Whiteboard app on iOS under proxy environment

unable to open Whiteboard app on iOS. Error received: We couldnt reach Microsoft services. Please confirm that youre online, or contact your admin for assistance.

Device is on corporate Wi-Fi and needs to use a proxy to access the internet. A packet capture from the device shows that the application is not using the proxy server configured and is attempting to reach the following IP addresses directly which is not possible on their network. 52.143.128.69 and 52.143.111.143.

Proxy is set via a Wi-Fi policy from MDM and all other web traffic uses this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Credential Creep in New-CsOnlineSession

After establishing a Session to Tenant A, closing the session, by removing the PSSession (Remove-PSSession because it is no longer needed or timed out), then establishing a new Session to Tenant B, the Session Token from Tenant A is sitll present preventing connection to Tenant B.

New-CsOnlineSession tries to authenticate me with the Username from Tenant A, despite me selecting the correct Login in the via the modern authentication popup.

I cannot find a way to remove this session token cleanly (without closing the PowerShell Session altogether)

The behaviour with the New-CsOnlineSession Command in Module MicrosoftTeams is now different to…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bug - Teams - Attendees have joined at meeting, but do not show up on the "In this meeting" list under Participants, after they joined.

Affected (Windows) version: Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.34662 (64-bit)

This has occurred on numerous clients for both internal (corporate) and external attendees not being displayed. Audio can be heard from the "invited attendees", even though they are not displayed in the "In this meeting" list.

Please fix ASAP, as this presents a huge issue with attendees joining the meeting without any indication or notification.

Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Camera on MS Teams staying on when turned off

My 6 year old daughter was on her MS Teams Remote Learning class today when her teacher kept asking her to turn off her camera. It appears to be off on our end (camera icon crossed out and her square in the chat is black with her display icon). She can not turn it on and off and it apparently just stays on. This is a HUGE invasion of privacy. This is happening to two other kids in the class as well. I've put a sticky note over top to black it out but this needs to be fixed ASAP.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can't log out of teams (permanently)

It is, after all, trying literally everything, bloody impossible to log out of teams.
    This is a HUGE security / privacy issue and should be fixed ASAP!

on: win10 + teams program

The story is simple, I have to use teams for work, and my child has to use teams for school.
    I have a teams account from my work, my child does not have an account and only gets links to join meetings.

Now, whenever you join a meeting for my child through a link, and open it in the teams desktop program, my work account will be logged…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Plan Member Removal in Planner Impacting Teams Group

There should be a banner notification when Teams group owners are trying to remove members from a plan in Planner.
    This action will remove the member directly from the Microsoft 365 group rather than the plan only. The delay between the member removal and Teams membership management will cause neglection of this risk.
    Furthermore, as Planner lives only with groups rather than channels, this will impact the group membership directly. Combining with the issue that group owners can remove membership of channel owners directly, this mis-operation could cause all channels down.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base