Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information
Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Gallery update

The recent Teams desktop application update limits gallery view to right side and top, with much larger icons/videos/pictures of participants. Previously, participant icons/videos/pictures appear much smaller across the bottom. When Teams is used primarily as a presentation tool, the larger gallery at top or right side takes up too much screen space when most folks aren't using their camera and only icons appear. You can switch to focus mode, but in larger meetings, it's nice to have the option to have small participant icons/videos/pictures at the bottom to know who is talking.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Windows mail app deletes Teams meeting links.

When an invitation is received on personal Windows Mail app and then accepts the meeting invitation, the meeting shows in the user's calendar. However, the meeting hyperlink is removed. "Click here to join the meeting" shows in plain text. There is no way for the recipient to join the meeting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Time of day not displayed in Calendar mode

I'm running Microsoft Teams Version 1.4.00.7556 (64 bit) under KDE on Ubuntu 20.04. In the calendar mode, the time of day is not displayed along the left hand side of the calendar as expected. Where I expect to see the time of day, I see an empty grey bar instead. See attached screen shot.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. gallery no longer on bottom

Gallery view is now on top of the screen with no way to move it to the bottom. Make it so the user can put it where they want it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hand raising tool malfunction

If your in a conference and get split into groups and return to the main conference the Hand raising feature doesn’t function properly. People who raise they’re hand are not being shown and those who lowered their hands long ago get to be shown as still raising hands. It’s always after returning from group conferences to the main conference. It’s a problem,
    especially for school classes. The problem has been there for a while.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Incorrect first day of week

Teams on Mac used to follow the same "first day of the week" setting as in Outlook. However this has recently changed to Monday in Teams and there is no way to change it. There needs to be an option to set it correctly or it should follow Outlook calendar setting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Suddenly my metting hang up

Please make a feature that warns that it might hang up in terms mobile if we close team

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The attendance report in meeting details is not relevant

The current design for attendance report is not helpful and very confusing.

For meetings, if anyone joins before the meeting organizer, it will generate the first attendance report and attach to the meeting details which the information is nonsense at all. When meeting organizer joins the meeting and it will generate another report.

Even if the report is currently only visible to the meeting organizer, the multiple reports in meeting chat are very confusing with the same file name and very difficult to get to the right report to use.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Browser minimizes when someone starts screen sharing in a meeting

I have a multi-monitor set-up, and today I noticed the following started happening:
    Monitor 1 - Meeting is open full screen
    Monitor 2 - Teams app is open full screen
    Monitor 3 - Chrome is open full screen

I am working on something in the browser on monitor 3 when someone starts a screenshare on monitor 1 and my browser suddenly minimizes. Alternatively, if I'm on monitor 2 and a screen share starts on monitor 1, then the focus is moved (Teams doesn't minimize).

This is obviously annoying as a user, but it's also disruptive since I can be in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. attendance list for wrong date in recurring meeting

I have a standing series of Teams meeting that happens every Friday. I set up a recurring Teams meeting in Outlook. When I open a specific instance of the series from the past, for instance, the meeting on 4/9/21, and download the attendance list the list is for another date. It is for the first meeting in the series. Its like it recorded the attendance for the first meeting in the series and now all recurrences of the meeting do not get their own attendance list.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Students in 2019 could leave university teams

A year ago the students could leave the university teams. Now it can't be done anymore. I believe that we have the freedom to leave the teams especially because sometimes the professors do not have time to delete the old exam teams. I hope my request will avalaible on dektop app and mobile systems. Thanks

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Meeting video corrupted on other clients when iOS client rotates video

When I join a meeting from my iPhone SE 2nd Generation (iOS 14.4.2, latest iOS Teams client), I am often told that my video is corrupted - it still moves but is entirely made up of corrupted coloured lines with no discernable image (screenshot uploaded).

This only happens if I rotate my phone in a different orientation after I join the meeting - so for example:

User A - connected on Windows device (latest version / client)
    User B - connected on iPhone (iOS 14.4.2)

User B joins meeting & starts webcam with device in 'portrait' mode - all is…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Always automatically out from the meetings when I use it in my android phone

When I join the meeting, after a few seconds, I automatically left from the meeting and the microsoft teams restart on its own. I am not sure, maybe its my phone problems because its start occur after I updated the android version from version 10 to version 11. Please fix this bug.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. removes me from meeting

the app automatically disconnects me from the meeting everytime i enter it and it’s pretty annoying.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Se tilda mucho al compartir pantalla

Mejoren el modo de compartir pantalla ya que en las clases se ve muy cortado y no se aprecia nada de lo que están explicando

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Meeting won't end

I had a class yesterday and I joined it but the teacher left the meeting due to poor internet connection and started another meeting, so I joined the new meeting. I left it after the class was over. Now, multiple people have texted me saying that the first meeting is still going on and I am still in it even though I did join some other meetings after that. I tried rejoining and leaving but it did not work. The meeting's still going on and showing that I am on hold.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams automatically stops my meeting after 1 minute

When i open a call, i get in the call, but the microphone doesn't work anymore. This is a usb-headset and works on my other laptop with teams without any problem and used to work on this laptop also without any problem. So it is not the microphone.

After one minute teams tells me the session has ended, and then i can join again, still without audio.

I've added my logs and already cleaned all the cache maps. The problem still persists.

best regards,
    Tom

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Teams automatically stops my meeting after 1 minute

When i open a call, i get in the call, but the microphone doesn't work anymore. This is a usb-headset and works on my other laptop with teams without any problem and used to work on this laptop also without any problem. So it is not the microphone.

After one minute teams tells me the session has ended, and then i can join again, still without audio.

I've added my logs and already cleaned all the cache maps. The problem still persists.

best regards,
    Tom

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base