Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information
Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Deeplink to a chat with a guest user is not working

When opening a deeplink to a chat with a guest user, teams cannot start the conversation properly.

Deeplink example: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/chat/0/0?users=name_externaldomain.com#EXT#@domain.onmicrosoft.com

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Uservoice Forum Registration -- Magic Link confirmation showing unsafe site

Uservoice registration confirmation via Magic Link brings up an "unsafe site" (attached) Message: This site has been reported as unsafe -- Hosted by auth.magic.link"

"Microsoft recommends that you don't continue to this site. It has been reported to Microsoft to contain phishing threats which may try to steal personal or financial information."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. There is a feature in mirosoft team that in team meating presenter and organiser both removes someone from meating.

Please 🙏 its my humble request to remove this feature for presenter and restrict its access to only organizer because in COVID-19 mostly university students using Microsoft team for online classes and some naughty students removes other students from the class.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Teams anonymous participant settings miss labeled

In Teams, under Meeting settings, there is a control "Anonymous users can join a meeting". Sounds like a nice control because you would want to know that people in a meeting were invited. The problem is when this is turned on guests cannot join a meeting. Anonymous and guests are not the same thing. This control actually sets whether or not non-domain users can join a meeting. It should really state " Only allow domain users to join meeting". Making this change could reduce the amount of confusion I see in forums.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Lobbybombing bug for school users.

So, I have a multiuser tenant which runs a secondary school, what we have witnessed is students abusing the lobby notification feature using the anonymous access via the meeting url.

So, a legitimate student joins the class video call.
    They get the meeting join URL from the ellipsis menu\meeting info.
    They paste that into an incognito browser window and join via the anonymous feature whereby they are asked to enter a name.
    They either enter the name of another student in the meeting to fool the teacher in to thinking they are legitimate or type anything and constantly request to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The link is very long so basically no way to give just a simple meeting number to other people to attend a meeting.

The link to join a meeting is very long so basically no way to give just a simple meeting number to other people to attend a meeting.
    A short link / meeting number would help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. New Guests users are not found in teams via DisplayName

A few days ago, any new Guest users cannot be found when searching for them in Teams.These are users that have been onboarded to AAD outside of Teams.

The only way to add them is to search by email in the search bar, then go to the Team, then the Guest is found.
    Have logged a support ticket, but I got told it's by design.

This only started occurring a few days go, and now it's complex for a user to add a Guest to a team without knowing their email address (ie can't add by name until the cache?…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow O365 tenants to join teams meetings as a guest even if they don't have teams license

When an O365 tenant tries to join teams meetings or webinars and doesn't have a license for it, they are not able to join. We had to go purchase a Zoom license just to give webinars and have meetings with our clients. It doesn't make sense to force clients/customers to buy software just to have a meeting with us. It's bad for business really and we are looking at switching away from Teams just because of this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. major issue with the product design of the MS teams App as a result of the guest structure accessibility

Dear smart MS teams global product design innovation team!!!

my feedback:

The guest access rules are designed in a way, that create a lot of problems in collaboration of different companies and really gives me and my customers a lot of frustration. We are forced to use MS teams, because of the Microsoft success in Germany and Europe with it's strong data security regulations... But we start to really hate it.

Why:

21 century businesses are build on cross organisational collaboration.
    The structure of the MS Teams application design is meant for internal company use. COVID boosted the need to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams kick current attendees when adding new people in to a live meeting.

Everyone follows the same link to the meeting, but often when new people are added, some original attendees will get kicked into a separate meeting. Today we had an issue where one person was added in and the presenter ended up in a completely separate live meeting with only that one new attendee and everyone else was left in the original meeting. Everyone has stated they use the same link given to them for the original meeting invite and are not joining another way.
    The max number of attendees never goes over 20 individuals so this shouldn't be a cap…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. guest label missing

People logging in as guests without the guest label, so we can't identify them. Why is this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Problems with «tenant» and private account

Sometimes I have to use my private email for meetings, and this leads to an incredibly annoying error. My private email is apparently linked to some kind of guest «tenant» - one of my colleagues for some reason, and I get an error message if I try to login on the web version of Teams. I’ve tried to delete the tenant guest account to no avail. Why would something like that even happen? It should be so easy: Make a private account using my hotmail adress, login, use Teams - in all versions of Teams. Today I had to spend…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Assigning Participants to Breakout Groups doesn’t work for some guests

Cannot assigns guests to breakout groups - but inconsistent: sometimes the same person can be assigned, sometimes not. All Of the people are guests - some can be assigned sometimes. Some cannot most of the time. Etc.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Planner/Tasks Not Operating the same for Guest Users

Guest users do not receive an email when a task is assigned to them.

The List view doesn't show LO instead of user initials and doesn't list who a task is assigned too.

Guest users are not presented with the user list when assigning tasks from the List View.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Unable to view shared screen.

Unable to view shared screen. Just blank / black background, although Incoming video Turned On

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Teams Live guest access tenant issues - problems with tenants

I have two tenants, my company (external vendor) and my guest account (company I am contracted to provide services for) - I previously had to access Live events through my outlook calendar as my calendar in Teams was tied to my company account, but my 'guest' access as a producer was in the contracted tenant. It appears there was an update, that I can now join as a producer directly from my company tenant Teams calendar, but it puts me in the lobby. I am happy that the update means I can click direct from my tenant, but unhappy about…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option to switch Tenants disappears

Added someone as a guest to our Tenant.
    Everything appears to work fine when they first click on the link in the email invitation - they can view the team on our Tenant and can see the tenant switch top right, next to their user photo

When they switch back to their original tenant, the tenant switch disappears and they can't get back to the team in our tenant (unless they click on the link in the email invitation again)

happens in both the web app and the windows desktop app

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mutingand mics this is a big deal pls read

Maybe try to limit the students access i joined a class where some students muted the professor whilr he was giving the lecture, so i was hoping if you could add a new feature where only the organizer can control who mutes and unmutes

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remove Guest users from Admin Centers automatically when they are removed from Microsoft Teams

When a Guest is added to a team in Microsoft Teams, the user is automatically created in Azure AD for the tenant which also shows in the Microsoft 365 Admin Center. However when that same user is removed from Microsoft Teams, the user that was created in Azure AD and M365 Admin Center doesn't get automatically removed.

The problem with this is that I have several Team Leaders who need to be able to add guests to their team for certain collaboration and then to remove them from the team when they're not needed anymore. These Team Leaders don't have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base