Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I can'n edit my name

Can't edit my name

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Private channels - not reporting membership correctly

We have recently started using Private Channels to allow external guest users to access our Teams. We have an issue where guests were added to a Team but the users were not being reported correctly (i.e. the totals were wrong and sometimes the listed people had people missing). The update log that is stored in the channel seems correct, but the interface doesn't correctly display who has access to the private channel.

Have these inconsistencies been seen before?

Not being able to reliably see who has access to a private channel is a serious issue for us.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Guest account deleted

I had added two guest users. Now the teams channel shows user deleted, I'm unable to add them back. But somehow when I do a name search, their name appears in the guests list. I can now no longer add anyone outside my org as a guest user. I have checked the Azure active directory- and the name of the guest users are being shown there. But these users cannot access the teams - they get an error message stating ' you are not a part of this team'

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. guest unknown user

When a guest user is in a team, the collapsed thing calls guests "Unknown User"

This is annoying because the Teams UI clearly already knows who they are. It makes it annoying to see who replied because you have to expand and scroll it manually.

If it would just say something like "3 replies from you, Adam, and Jack (Guest)" that would be much more useful than "and Unknown User"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. External contacts from historic meetings are automatically added to meeting

Too many external attendees are added to the meeting.
    I have 3 separeate outlook meetings with different external users to all. At the 3 meeting in the row ALL historic external users are added to the teams meeting. They do not exist in the outlook invites. There are no link between the meetings.
    The externals are not able to join the meeting - luckily but they get notifications in their team chat from the meetings chat flow.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Guests cannot log in to iOS mobile app or web app.

Please fix this bug. On Android guests can log into Teams if they first log in on the Teams web app. But on iOS browsers (both Safari and Edge), the link to join a team takes user to the mobile site, and there is no option to open the Teams web app, even if they request desktop site (except on older devices like iPhone 5S).

This bug has been confirmed on multiple devices (iPad, iPhone 8, etc. as well as with the newest version of iOS (13.5.1))

Even if users first log into Teams web app on desktop and then…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Since Update Raise Hand Gone for Guests

We have been using the raise hand for guests, this week it is gone in the Windows Client, Android and IOS. Guests can only raise hand in the Web client, is this by design or is it a bug.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Global admin is not able to invite or add guest using Teams admin center

I refer to Case ID:20320290 and to official document "Add a guest to a team". It says Global admins OR Teams admins and team owners can add a guest to a team in the Teams clients OR in the Teams admin center. However as a Global Admin, I get an error: "We can't find any team members to add." The Microsoft Support has advised me to use uservoice. Right now, to add guest, the global admin has to join the team as an owner then use the Team clients. It is not operationally feasible for the Global Admin to join…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Everyone can access to remove from meeting to someone

Anyone is able to remove me from meeting and i can't even see who done this fix this issue plz

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. You can't add guests to teams despite enabling Guests org wide

... How the heck could you even let such a basic problem occur?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. IMPOSIBLE CONFIGURAR LA APP DE TEAMS I ONENOTE solo con el movil. Para ver el código que me han enviado al correo tengo que salir de la app

Cuando descargo la App a mi smartphone (Tanto TEAMs como OneNote), me pide que cree una cuenta. Para ello, envía a un mensaje con un "código de verificación de mi cuenta" a mi correo electrónico.
    Para abrir el correo en mi smartphone, tengo que salir de la App i entrar en mi mail. Pero si salgo de la configuración de la App el código ya no me sirve....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. some guest participants enter meeting bypassing lobby, although they have no permission

I´ve added some guests participants to a team. They have no permission to bypass lobby, but some of them access directly to meetings they are invited to, without having to wait in the lobby.

The only way I found to solve this is removing them from the team in Azure.

Is this a bug? Or there is a way to solve it?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Its *** nothing ******* loads

I'm tired of this shut

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Switch between guest and member

There is no way to change a Guest to a memberor vice versa, I incorrectly selected Guest to an email on the invite and I'm no longer able to select or change it to a member there shoud be always a way to select even with the same emails cause now when I try to add it again it remember the previous selection and cannot add it as a member anymore

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Disabling "Members can invite" option prevents also admin members from inviting guests

Setting to OFF option "Members can invite" in Azure Active Directory > Users > User settings > External users > Manage external collaboration settings disables ALSO admin members from inviting guests, not only non-admin members as declared.
    So, this an "block all / allow all" option and there is no simple way to prevent standard members (non-admin) to invite guests.

As side effect it produce the infamous "We didn't find a match" message in the search box when you try to add a guest, mentioned by a lot of users.

Please, fix it !!!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can't add all participants as guests. Out of a group of 13, I have issues with some of them.

I have issues to add people to a team. After some time, if I have issues to add 3 people, it can allow 1 person to join, and still after some hours the other 2 can't join, despite there were no problems to add 10 people more. how can I solve this? thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. A guest does not be displayed in the lobby waiting in channel conference

In Teams, if I hold a "meeting now" from a channel, I can get a meeting-specific URL from the top of the meeting participant list.
    By sharing this URL with channel members and with non-channel members, anyone who clicks the URL can join and hold a meeting at any time.

This URL can also be used by guest members (not channel members). When the guest member joins the meeting, the guest waits in the lobby, so that the channel member can join the meeting by approving the guest.

However, when a channel member starts a meeting first and a guest…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Unable to add a guest because Team doesn’t revert with right suggestion

I attempted to add a GUEST to our team. I had no other choice than adding him as a MEMBER of the team. I don’t want him to be a member because a member can get access to other teams in our organization.

The Guest email is t##@##.com. I added him as a guest by inputing a wrong email address t##@##.com.tr, so i removed it from our team. Now when I tried adding him as a guest, Team doesn’t give me a suggestion of “add t##@##.com as a Guest”. It only gives me suggestion of either “add t##@##.com as a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base