Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Monospace block format is not triggered with "```" anymore on desktop client.

On the web version, I can still type three back-ticks to quickly generate a monospace formatted paragraph block. However, on the Windows desktop client this no longer works as of1.4.00.22976. This slows down chatting with our development team and is curious since it still works as expected on the web client.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Heavy on ressources

Teams keeps sucking up my computer ressources to tye point I had to shut down my computer cold turkey... I uninstalled TEAMS from computer because it prevents me from working.. even when I am in video meetings it keeps freezing up computer, taking up half of the computer memory. Please fix how heavy it is, a lite version maybe... something...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Immersive Reader meeting chat bug!

This is a really annoying bug that I just encountered, hope that the MS team will respond asap...

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Go to a meeting chat
    2. hover on a message in the meeting chat panel in the meeting window
    3. select on the immersive reader and close the immersive reader window when it's shown
    4. reopen the window, using the teams tray icon, then exit the immersive reader
    5. sit back and after the meeting chat panel refreshes, then vòila, now you cannot communicate...

If you accidentally did this while in class (like how I found the bug…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. When using Markdown to type a messages, single star causes the item to bold instead of italicize.

On the WIndows client, I learned that I use markdown to format my text. When I try to use word to italicize a word, that word is bolded instead.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can't share screen when forcing teams to GPU 1 (Discreet GPU)

I have a laptop with 2 Graphics cards. One built in and another NVidia discreet card. The NVidia is way faster than the built in. Quite often Teams slows down my whole pc and in task manager I noticed it was burning down the built in graphics card. This was the slowness problem. So I opened up the NVidia control panel and forced microsoft teams to run on GPU 1 which is the Discreet card. This solved the speed problem as the system was no longer competing for GPU with Teams. However, after I did that, I could no longer…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. MS Teams (Linux) does not update sound devices (pipewire/pulseaudio)

MS Teams reads sound devices only on startup, if new bluetooth device connects, new usb device connects, they're missing from Teams, disconnected devices are still listed (but won't work).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. UI - Call history is not viewable when you have multiple shared lines.

You can't view Call History when you have multiple shared phone lines. It's not possible to move the window pane as there is no option to expand or contract the interface

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. MS Teams(linux) goes into restart loop for guest logins.

MS Teams on linux goes into restart loop if you log into an individual account and then select guest account for organization. The process will work if you select other login options and start with organization, but this may not be easy, as those organizations usually don't give their domains (on windows/android this works with ordinary login).

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Adaptive Cards: Default value for Input.Time doesn't respect 24-hour time format of locale

Affects: Windows client and web client. All language and locale settings set to German (Teams client, OS and browser).

When sending an adaptive card (via a Node.js botframework bot) and setting an initial value for an Input.Time field, the initial value always uses 12-hour format with AM/PM. The time selection dropdown on the other hand is correctly populated with 24-hour values. Changing the value manually also correctly formats it in 24-hour format (even when manually entering AM/PM). It's just the initally supplied value that uses the wrong format.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams unable to open - teams 1.4.00.13653 on Ubuntu.

Latest teams version on Ubuntu (Wayland) no longer opens if it has been opened once.

On a second attempt on opening it it attempts to open but simply displays a small purple window with no content (see screenshot).

In order to restore normal functionality I need to delete ~/.config/Microsoft/Microsoft Teams/settings.json

Now teams will open normally again and the settings.json file is recreated.

Closing teams and attempting to reopen regenerates the problem, and the settings.json file needs to be removed once again.

MS Teams Diagnostics cant be attached. This site prohibited uploading .zip or .json so I cant provide the affected…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. my bluetooth hearing aids "Phonak Audeo P70-312" with Teams

I can't use on my PC my bluetooth hearing aids "Phonak Audeo P70-312" with Teams . the participants in the meeting can hear me but I cannot hear them. I have to use Teams for my job and it is very penalizing. With all the other software it works (spotify, ..). Can you correct or give the solution? thank you in advance for your help

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The information on the desktop app has not been updated, but the smartphone has been.

The information has been updated for the smartphone app and web browser, but the information has not been updated for the desktop app. The desktop app is restarted each time. After restarting, the desktop app shows same info as the smartphone and web browser. Please let me know the workaround. The desktop app version is 1.4.00.22976(64bit), 8/31/2021.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Teams slow start-up time even when already open in background

When MS Teams is already open in the background, clicking the Teams icon in the system tray opens up Teams almost instantly, which is expected. However, when clicking Teams icon in the taskbar (or in the Desktop), it takes a couple of seconds for Teams to open up, despite the fact that it's already opened in the background. I've uploaded a screen recording to Youtube to demonstrate this issue: https://youtu.be/oV6YzIRZ8NI

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams slow start-up time even when already open in background

When MS Teams is already open in the background, clicking the Teams icon in the system tray opens up Teams almost instantly, which is expected. However, when clicking Teams icon in the taskbar (or in the Desktop), it takes a couple of seconds for Teams to open up, despite the fact that it's already opened in the background. I've attached a screen recording to demonstrate this issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams slow start-up time even when already open in background

When MS Teams is already open in the background, clicking the Teams icon in the system tray opens up Teams almost instantly, which is expected. However, when clicking Teams icon in the taskbar (or in the Desktop), it takes a couple of seconds for Teams to open up, despite the fact that it's already opened in the background. I've attached a screen recording to demonstrate this issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. rings 20

Hello

The Option of the "Call answering rules" are set globaly to 20 seconds, we have a hand full of users, which recieve the setting (10 seconds) after restarting the computer, when the list gets opened, it shows "20 seconds (default)" and is choosable.

In the Teams Admin Center it is set to 20 seconds too.
    The App has been reinstalled, is there something I am missing?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Team is bulky

Teams app is way too bulky. It always take too much memory and cpu usage.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Breakout room issues and random logouts on Ubuntu 20.04 linux

While Teams on Ubuntu has been significantly faster, smoother, and less laggy than on Windows10 (yay!) some issues I've had this week (as someone joining meetings, not creating them) include:

• one of two breakout rooms this week took a really long time to show up for me to join. (fine for everyone else on windows / mac)

• the other breakout room refused show up for me to join at all, the tutor tried to re-assign me a new room and it didn't allow it, because on the tutor's end it said I had already been assigned a room (I think…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Screen sharing not working on Ubuntu 21.04

Screen sharing is not working on Ubuntu 21.04. After pressing button I cannot choose screen, the list is empty.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. can not move or copy files with special characters in parent folder name

When you have a '#' in the name of a parent(or above)-folder, the context-menu option "copy" or "move" will not return any options and instead be stuck on the waiting symbol (see attached screeshot).
    This behaviour has been observed in the Windows Desktop client and can luckily be circumvented by using sharepoint.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base