Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams not passing along Hybrid Azure AD join status in some cases

My organization has implemented a Conditional Access Policy in Azure AD that prevents Windows computers from connecting to several cloud applications (O365, Azure DevOps, etc.) unless that device is Hybrid Azure AD joined.

From my work computer, I can run the desktop Teams client just fine, and I can log into Azure DevOps from a web browser just fine. However, when I try to add a Teams channel connector to Azure DevOps, I get blocked by the above policy. This same error occurs if I try to set up an Azure DevOps connector in a Power Automate flow via the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Virtual Background does not work reliably

Teams 1.3.00.33671
    MacBook Pro Retina mid-2012 with macOS 10.14.6

When quitting and restarting Teams the virtual background feature disappears and is no more available during your video meetings. To make it work again I found a tedious workaround:

Go to settings -> Camera settings, launch a test call -> The video sometimes does not show virtual background so hangup. Launch again a test call, after few seconds the virtual background may appears and now you can hangup and use team for any meeting with virtual background activated... until the next restart of Teams.

This 100% reproducible on my setup.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. TEAMS: After the most recent update with usable emotions (thumbs up, heart, clap, ...) There is a bug I am encountering. When I am cont....

calling participants in, the name does not delete automatically like before. It makes calling a list of participants very tedious.

My suggestion is to have the same format as before the update. A user should be able to type a participants name, call that participant in, and name automatically delete.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "something went wrong" when clicking card buttons with message_back ActionType in meeting chat side pane

(Teams for Windows version 1.4.00.2879 (32-bit))

We create a simple Python bot, that sends a card with 2 buttons 'yes' and 'no'. Clicking a button sends a message back to the bot, which will update the card with a counter.

Code snippet (the whole counting stuff is removed to keep it breef):

```

buttons = [

CardAction(
    type=ActionTypes.message_back,
    title=f"Ja ({self.labelhandle.counter['ja']})",
    text="ja"
    ),
    CardAction(
    type=ActionTypes.message_back,
    title=f"Nee ({self.labelhandle.counter['nee']})",
    text="nee"
    ),
    ]

card = HeroCard(
    title="MyFirstBot", text="Ja of nee?", buttons=buttons
    )
    updated_activity = MessageFactory.attachment(CardFactory.hero_card(card))
    updated_activity.id = turn_context.activity.reply_to_id
    await turn_context.update_activity(updated_activity)

```

This works fine in a normal chat (full Teams window). But when using…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Car shipping is worth it?

Is it worth it or is it better to always transport the car yourself and not spend money on transportation?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Together Mode was activated for every participant

I was in a business meeting with 7 other participants. I was not the host, I was a participant.
    At some point, wi-fi connection was weak, so I was annoyed with video quality and tried Together Mode to figure out if it was the app or the wi-fi connection.

Some people called on me to undo whatever action I'd just done. I suddenly realized that it was activated for every participant! I was shocked and mortified! That incident was so embarassing.

It was not functioning that way when I've tried Together Mode in Aug 2020. It was a feature which…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Contacts, Speed dial and sometimes call history as well disappears from Teams

We have multiple reports of the Speed Dial and Contacts and sometimes call history disappearing from Teams. This is causing issues, i have an open support call with MS about this. Can see reports on the forum that this isn't just our company.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. After someone called me and I answer on my desktop versiom of Teams the notification on mobile is stuck and stays there until phone reboot.

Mobile: Samsung Galaxy S8

Try to sycn the call notifications with mobile and desktop or try fixing the X button on call notification. When I press X nothing happens, notification still stays on the phone, swiping right or left can't remove the notification.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "New meeting experience" is terrible and I can't turn it OFF (it will reset to ON)

New meeting experience adds up a new window where we already have too many windows generally to deal with as professionals.

It truly doesn't make sense as we can't have many calls at a time so why open a separate window to makes you wonder which one is the right one, click more (worst UX decision) and lose your focus.

=> And when you turn it OFF in the settings, it resets to ON even after Teams restart. <=

Hope you did not plan to migrate towards no choice at all with that "New meeting experience" that brings nothing…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. reminders

After installing Teams on a laptop with Office 365 installed and logging in the same user as the profile in Outlook, 42 reminders in Outlook Tasks went down to 9 reminders.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Teams Chat in the Taskbar displays the name of the person of the previous conversation, not of the current conversation.

Teams Chat in the Taskbar displays the name of the person of the previous conversation, not of the current conversation.

This can cause issues with sending sensitive information to a wrong person mistakenly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. During screen sharing, is there a way to have the thumbnails at the top instead of the bottom?

During screen sharing, is there a way to have the thumbnails at the top instead of the bottom?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. If i don't close the App and turn it on again, the App won't synchronize my excersise. (I'm on my telefon)

I think you can make a bottom for synchronize by the excersise, so if the excersise isn't there, we can click on it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Filter Excel in Group cannot viewed.

Good afternoon, we have a very curious case here. We have a spreadsheet with releases fully shared in a group at Teams, but the filter option since the week stopped working. If I do the filter by working on the spreadsheet alone it works but if someone else accesses the spreadsheet and tries to make the filter, the team informs "want to apply the filter for you or for everyone?" If I put it just for me nothing happens on the screen or filter does not apply. If I put the app filter for everyone for everyone. If I click…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Attendees can share their screen contrary to meeting policies

Recently we have noticed that some users (primarily Androidusers) were able to share their screens in planned meetings, even though their role was set to attendee by default through meeting policies.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Inviting Attendees within Meeting

So at the beginning of every class—I have to “call” many of my students in to the class meeting. Typically I do this by typing their name in the “Invite someone or dial a number” box on the participants list.

In the past—I would type a name, and when I selected it—it would automatically disappear so I could continue typing the next person’s name.

As of yesterday, when I select a participant—it actually enters that name in the box… and I have to delete it before moving on to the next name. This REALLY slows down the process of inviting…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Unable to see missed activity via Activity tab. App Not Found

Unable to see missed activity via Activity tab. App Not Found

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Mute and exit function

Mute and exit function get frozen after few minutes on iOS app. Cannot unmute or exit meeting.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 343 344
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base