Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notifications block the text box! I couldnt answer my teacher in a timely manner because I got an assignment notification. how embarrasing!

the notifications box popped up and blocked my chat window and I could not type my answer to my teachers question. I couldn't find any way to dismiss the box immediately, and when I moused over the notification to find a way to dismiss it, it made the box dwell longer, further delaying my answer.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams will not allow you to sync contacts with non unique phone numbers from outlook when using it as a PBX.

Currently the teams 'calls' contacts will only sync contacts with unique phone numbers.

This means that if, like us, you are an MSP then you will have several contacts per client that have the same phone number. This limited functionality means that only 1 contact from that client will sync into teams - meaning that most contacts don't actually get brought over into teams.

I would like to see this changed, so that the phone number is set to a non unique field, allowing all contacts to sync across - even with duplicate phone numbers.

As per the screenshot -…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cant schedule meeting without email

Not possible to schedule meeting without having your email connected to teams.
    In our company we use google.
    We have microsoft office for some of us to facilitate communicating with out customers. Skype for Business was easy to use and dial in to invites or dial others when the meeting was about to start.

with the change to teams we are unable to plan/join/start calls.

Either make it easy to connect a google calendar and account to this environment/tool or... enable setting up meetings without the need of an calander like possible in skype for business

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams does not open at login

In spite of setting it to "Open at Login" on Mac, the teams do not opens.
    Has happened now several times.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams Android mobile app crashes while opening a notification

Teams Android mobile app crashes when a new channel notification is opened from the notification tray. It says "something went wrong". Have to open Teams app again to see the notification.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Opened teams and wanted to login again and get white page

I opened Teams today and it asked to sign in. I get the first login page, which is the Microsoft login and do so and then pick my work/school account and it transfers me to a white blank page. I right clicked and hit reload and still no luck. Rebooted nothing. Deleted ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams folder and launched again and same problem. Seems to be a common problem among Teams across Windows, Mac, etc. Thought getting rid of ~/Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams would fix it, but no luck. Not sure what the fix is? macOS 10.13.6 and Teams 1.2.00.34155

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Users cannot be moved between groups without deleting all of the user's vacation data.

If I have a user in Group A, and I want to move that user to Group B. I cannot do that without deleting all of their vacation data. I can add the user to Group B, so that now they are in both groups, and their vacation shows up in both groups. However, in order to delete a user from Group A, their entire schedule must be blank (all shifts and time off, vacation, etc. must be removed). The only way to do that, is to delete every single entry. If you delete their time off from Group A,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Custom Voicemail Greetings are discarded after closing the "Setup-Call"

Whenever i try to setup the custom Voicemail Greeting, my record just gets discarded.
    I follow the usual steps by going into the options and click my way to the point where i call my voicemail.

After that i follow the steps to record my own custom greeting and accept my recording. After that i can replay it andeverything seems to be working fine. But as soon as i exit the Voicemail Call its gone.

If i call myself the regular automated Voicemail greeting is played

When I make the Voicemail Setup Call again, my previous record is gone.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. I am never getting notifications from any of my chats or groups

I am never getting any notifications from Teams on my Samsung Galaxy A50

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When adding a person to a call, you cant dial extnesion

When adding a person to call with an extension the keypad doesn't work to dial extension.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sharing a file of the same name asks me "Keep Both" more than once

If I shared an Index.htm file to a conversation each week as an ad-hoc report result, each time I share it it says there is already a file called "Index.htm" and asks me what I want to do.

I choose "Keep both", and am immediately told there is already a file called "Index(1).htm" and asks me what to do

I choose "Keep both", and am immediately told there is already a file called "Index(2).htm" and asks me what to do

I choose "Keep both", and am immediately told there is already a file called "Index(3).htm" and asks me what to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. The eyes icon does not disappear when other users answer

The eyes icon does not disappear when other users answer my message from team mobile

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Unable to paste as plain text. Hello

Unable to paste content as plain text. Can’t get into teams messaging directly from outlook like Skype.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. dpkg-sig verification failed for teams_1.2.00.32451_amd64.deb package

Problem: package verification fails
    $ dpkg-sig --verify teams1.2.00.32451amd64.deb
    Processing teams1.2.00.32451amd64.deb...
    BADSIG _gpgorigin

Suggestion

Fix package signing so that verification with
    dpkg-sig --verify <team_release>.deb

succeeds OR document what verification method users are supposed to use.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Uploading of pictures

When I try to upload pictures from my android phone the app states that I need to log in because uploading was temporarily stopped. But I am logged in. I have not had any issues with uploading of pictures previously, when I limit the number of pictures to less than 10.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. some team members show offline to me even though they can see a green tick on their screen and vice versa

Trying to figure out why some team members' status shows as offline on my screen when they have Teams open and on their screen it's showing a green tick for 'available.' Also, sometimes their status starts as 'available' then if I go out of the Manage Team area in Teams and then come back in it has changed to offline. I've read that there is a timeout due to inactivity but this should change from 'available' to 'away', not 'offline'. Using Microsoft 10.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Please link Outlook contacts to Teams. For companies like mine that host meetings with 30+ callers that change,Teams doesn't work. Teams is

Outlook Contacts needs to be linked to Teams. I host meetings with clients that change internal participants as the project progresses. Skype worked just fine. Chatting and hosting meetings with changing parties doesn't work with Teams. My major clients are not being forced to Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. [Bug] auto attendant dial by name search

Nature of the bug seems to be that the dbn system converts the keypad numbers to alphabetical names, and if the alphabetical names match up to first three letters, then multiple names are correctly outputted as options for the caller to select. However if the keypad numbers for the names are the same, but the alphabetical names are not, then the name with the highest alphabetized precedence is listed, and any other lower alphabetized name is not. This applies to first or last names, same problem with both. Instead what the system should be doing is also checking if the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Some students are unable to join a team when using the join code.

Our students access MS 365 through classlink; when some students try to join a team using the code, it briefly displays the team name but then it will go to a different team on their page. We tried signing these students in numerous times to no avail.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 54 55
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base