Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Messaging extension cards

When using messaging extension search, we have found that once the adaptive cards show up after clicking on the (hero) preview card; it gets overlapped by the current tab. So for eg., If we try to view the adaptive card for a github PR in the search bar while having a tab window open; the card gets overlapped by the tab. This bug wasn't present before but has now been showing up in the desktop and browser teams client since past few weeks. We are able to reproduce the bug in Github legacy as well our app - Structural.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Network scanning must not be mandatory on iOS

Summary: Calls still work, Meetings stopped working because of Network toggle
    Note: See screenshot attached
    Issue Description:
    Two days ago, the Teams app on my iPad started asking for Network access. This access is disallowed, and now I cannot join meetings. I am still able to make and take calls, therefore I don't think primary capability is affected. Testing with others on other Apple devices (outside of MDM) confirms the same. It is just this network required flag that is unnecessary set on the mobile app.
    Security and Privacy:
    Unauthorised network scanning is disallowed on many corporate networks. As an…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams sharing shows a black screen to participants of meeting

When sharing from Teams in a meeting via the desktop app it shows a black screen to participants, this started a bout 3/4 weeks ago, it was always working fine before

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams will send chat messages to mailboxes that don't have Teams

The issue is that users in our tenant are able search for and send Teams chat messages to mailboxes and users that don't have Teams. This includes shared mailboxes and users with Exchange only license. (O1) Neither of those have the ability to log into Teams.

Here is the original post:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/teams-will-send-chat-messages-to-mailboxes-that/e75381bb-617d-47cb-9894-fe111698fb77

110 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Linux Client 1.4.00.4855: Meeting-URLS broken

In the latest version, meeting-urls don't work anymore.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Missing notification about multiple teams organizations

I am a member of several teams organizations. Once in my own organization and then in various customer organizations as a guest. Unfortunately, since a few weeks, I no longer receive notifications from the other organizations for new messages if I am not directly in that organization (i.e. the small 1 on a red background does not appear). So now I have to go into each organization separately to see if there are any new notifications in that team. An email notification about missed messages is a nice idea, but is not helpful at all in our environment where we…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. keyboard shortcuts for live reactions

The live reactions are great, but please please provide a keyboard shortcut to quickly share the reactions without needing to mouse over and selecting them.

It would make it so much easier and quicker to share these reactions.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams on Android is on a infinite loop of refresh

Can't use Teams on my Android device anymore (Google Pixel 3XL). It was working fine up until last week. It's currently on an infinite loop of refresh, i.e. it keeps on refreshing the screen, so it's just not usable, I can't click anywhere. I tried clearing the cache and the storage, it didn't help. I un-installed and re-installed it, it gives me the same issue.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Copying code snippets dangerously broken

A recent change has severely broken copying from code snippets. Selecting any portion of a code snippet now silently copies the entire snippet to the clipboard. This is extremely dangerous, as it can lead to unintentional execution of commands if pasted into a terminal.

It looks like this was an implementation of https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/34879543-copy-code-snippet, but this is the worst possible choice. Please revert this change, and make copying the entire snippet an explicit contextual menu item.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Messaging Extensions

New Meeting Experience under settings in Microsoft Teams enabled. when using chatbox and click on the ellipses, the messaging extensions button is not enabled. I see it, but not able to click on it.

Turn off 'New meeting experience" and the messaging extensions work normally.

Huge impact for Teaching and Learning on our EDU tenant.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Guest names have double quotes and backslashes around their names, their initials are missing

It started this monday in Teams application on Windows, in Czech locale. Guest names ("Host" in the Czech language) are enclosed in double quotes and with backslashes. For that affected users (most of them, maybe all), there are also missing initial letters of their name (e.g. instead of "JB" for Joe Black, there is only an icon of the user).

It seems that double quotes are replaced with backslashes and next double quotes on next login and it is growing. After few days, the name may completely hide in double quotes and backslashes.

Please analyze and try fix: - why…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Calender information is not refrected immediately on Collaboration bar (MRT on Android).

Calendar information is not refracted immediately on Collaboration bar (MTR on Android).

When I create Teams conference and invite collaboration bar, invited conference is not showing on the screen immediately even if the scheduled conference started now. It may takes about 3 min to show invited conference.

MRT on Windows will be reflected immediately, so Collaboration bar also should be.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Teams on macOS doesn't remember window size

When I size the MS Teams app window to a specific size, then click the red close button. Later when I launch the Teams app from the dock it goes to fullscreen instead of the window size that was set previously.

This doesn't affect the minimize (yellow) button.

macOS: 11.1
    Teams: 1.3.00.33671

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Linux App can't login to organization as guest anymore

I'm using the official Teams Desktop Client for Linux (.deb). Since about 1 or 2 weeks, I cannot login to an organization's team that invited me as a guest. When I am logged in to my primary organization within the desktop app and try to switch to the other organization, it opens up in the desktop app for about 1 second, then closes, and opens my primary organization again. If I use a test account that is only a member of the guest organization, the desktop client immediately goes back to the "Choose organization" page after I chose the guest…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Hand raise option not available

Today I entered my class in Microsoft Teams and did not have the option to raise the hand in the Android version, please solve the problem

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Using Share screen to share an Excel Worksheet is problematic on the receiving end.

Sharing an Excel spreadsheet under the Window heading is problematic. On the receiving end it sometimes displays as blank(white) or just a static image where participants cant see any activity like scrolling, highlighting a cell, etc. It works fine when sharing through the Desktop heading, but sharing the application (Window) itself presents the issues above.

Windows10 Enterprise
    Ms Teams 1.3.00.15561(64bit)
    IE and Goggle Chrome
    HP Elitebook

I've already cleared those Teams cache folders under %appdata%. Also performed a re-install of Ms Teams. The Excel files are small, still KB's in size. I once tried sharing an IE browser and it…

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Teams connecting sound controlled by play / pause button

I had an incoming Teams call. Using the play / pause keyboard button, I paused music from Pandora.com in Google Chrome and took the call. Afterwards, I pressed the button to resume music, but instead, it was controlling the Teams sound for incoming calls. I could pause and restarted the sound.

I don't know the exact conditions to reproduce this, but it was so strange I had to share it. Details about my configuration:

• Teams 1.3.00.28778

• Google Chrome, Version 86.0.4240.183 (Official Build) (x86_64)

• macOS 10.15.7 (19H15)

• Apple Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When you make a call from PSTN to Teams, the ringback tone is silenced after 10 seconds.

I'm using Teams with direct routing feature.
    When you make a call to Teams from your PSTN phone, the ringback tone goes silent after about 10 seconds.
    And even after Teams stops ringing, the call doesn't hang up and waits about 20 seconds before the call ends.
    If you do not hear a ringback tone, the caller can determine that the call is hung up.
    Ringback tones are the only way to know that a call is connected.
    This is very important.
    please solve this problem quickly

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Microphone muting keyboard shortcut does not work on the Linux electron client

Even though the keyboard shortcut is listed on the MS Teams Linux electron client, the shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+M) does not actually work on the client.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Teams remains open as background process even if I disabled the "On close, keep the application running" option

Teams remains open as background process even if I disabled the "On close, keep the application running" option. The Teams icon also remains visible [and active] in the taskbar tray.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base