Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

I found a bug...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Asana tab not working with Teams

I am unable to add Asana app to Teams, gives me a notification window with only 'back' button enabled

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Extremly slow

Teams is extremly slow when:
    - Changing between different chats
    - Pasting in picture in a chat
    - Pasting a picture then changing to another chat
    - Having a meeting and trying to chat in the same time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Android issues with 1416 File preview failing

Multiple clients across multiple teams all running various flavours of Android but version 1416 of Teams App are reporting file preview failures when attempting to view them in the Files tab. Not specific to file type, although most users are seeing the issue with Excel. See attached screenshot. have had users sign out, delete the app, get removed from the Team and added back in, no difference. Users can view files quite happily on desktop or download them directly to embedded app (such as excel) on the mobile handset ok.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Android issues with 1416 File preview failing

Multiple clients across multiple teams all running various flavours of Android but version 1416 of Teams App are reporting file preview failures when attempting to view them in the Files tab. Not specific to file type, although most users are seeing the issue with Excel. See attached screenshot. have had users sign out, delete the app, get removed from the Team and added back in, no difference. Users can view files quite happily on desktop or download them directly to embedded app (such as excel) on the mobile handset ok.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Click on 3 dots in favorites list doesn't work for general channels

If you click on the 3 dots of a general channel in the favorites list, the option menu will not be shown. if you select a general channel and click on the 3 dots next to the title (above the conversations), the option menu shows.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. File are not showing up in channels

We are stuck at this message for days:

We are setting up your file directory.
    Try refreshing the page after a few minutes or check back later.

This is happening on all devices and browers

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Status - Set the Amount of Time a Status Should Display as Available

I would like to adjust the amount of time my status displays as available (e.g., after 60 minutes of inactivity, it displays as Away). Is there a way to do this?

Thanks

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. video call option is diabled

my video call ooption is greyed. i cant start a video call. pls help me select video call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Swapping between accounts meant that one account had all the rights of the previous account

I use two accounts for Teams - one that is my own work account (only a member of any teams that I need access to on a day-to-day basis) and another that is used by the whole department as a service account (which is an owner of every team that has been created).

Using the desktop app, I signed out from the department service account and into my own, but had Owner level access to all the teams in the business. Any changes that I made (to teams that my account wasn't even a member of) were made successfully, but…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Unable to add calendar/meetings to Outlook from SharePoint Tab in Teams App

When you click on Add a meeting button in a group calendar it does not take any action using the Teams desktop app. However, the option works in the SharePoint and Teams Online.

More Details: It happens when you add a SharePoint page as a Tab in the Teams App and have a Group Calendar web part.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Yealink IP phone - lack of SpeedDial, lack of directory or teams contacts

The current desktop phones (I only have Yealink 56a) don't support personal outlook/teams contacts or a way to use speed dials on the display.

A phone without this function is useless in daily use, it should have the same functionality as the Windows or mobile version in terms of contact management, also having a central directory option to include multiple corporate directories (e.g. a repository in O365 to have phone books) would help

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Android troubles. If I try to log in to my account, this user is not found.

If I try to log in to my account, this user is not found. At the same time, I am under this account in the application on the PC version.

Android 8.1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Microsoft Teams: Like twice on a single post with same user

I am able to like twice on the single post with same user and it shown on screen as well. After a sec it got removed.

Steps to recreate:

1. Go to any Post
    2. Like a Post and within sec again click on the same like button.

Expected:
    Post should be dislike

Actual:
    Post got liked twice and after a sec one like got removed but one like still persist.

PFA for the image evidance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Activity  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Very inconsistent replies from QnA bot :(

I've built a bot using Azure and QnA Maker based on a video from Microsoft Ignite.... The bot is working fine when testing within QnA and within the "Test in Web Chat" in Azure, but I am getting very inconsistent replies in Microsoft Teams. I added the bot using App Studio in Teams. It seems to work for a short time in the Teams Desktop app, but usually only with private chat OR with an @ Mention in a Team Conversation, but never both. I have had more success using the bot on the browser version of Teams, but it…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sign-in loop

I was prompted on tasks.microsoft.com that my password expires and to change it. I changed it. This caused Teams to require to sign back in with the new password. Upon clicking "Sign In" on the desktop app, the app closed, relaunched and told me again to sign back in with my new password. Clicking again "sign in" caused the app to close and restart back on the previous screen. I looped this about 15 times. Sign out from start menu did nothing. Teams app while the "sign back in" screen is shown is unusable. Had to reinstall.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Markdown is not formated

(This is not an idea, it's a bug report by the way)

It seems that markdown is only recognized when typing everything in a row. Usually I like to type both marks first and then put the code/bold/url etc. inside those quotes. If I do that, Teams won't format the markdown.

This bug also prevents pasting markdown to the chat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Using Copy/Paste from Google Translate (Chrome) to Teams and its not working

I am using Google Translate and typing English and then copying the Spanish to Teams to communicate with our offices in Costa Rica. Most of the times it works fine. But every so often it doesn't and I get something like the attached and I can't send the message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Zoho projects won't save as a channel in my Teams site

I've just started with teams and tried to install Zoho Projects. I got as far as a screen that asks me to select a .com or .eu domain (my company has a .co.uk domain) but whichever one I select, the Proceed button does nothing and the 'save' button is greyed out. Any ideas?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cannot add a new channel. Channel disappears after created under a team.

Cannot add a new channel. The channel disappears after created under the team.

We have tried all the various ways to create the channel, you see it flash for a second like it was added then disappears! it is not in the Channel list either under active or deleted.

NOTE: you can add new channels from the Mobile App. Not the Desktop or Web apps.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Notifications

Team channels need notifications asap. I post to a team/group channel and members don't know about it until they manually go to the channel. Defeats the purpose of the channel. This is a major issue for the group

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base