Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

I found a bug...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. store

AddOn descriptions in the store cannot be expanded. User has no idea what an AddOn does unless they accidentally hover and read.

Screenshot:

At the end of the description there's an elipses, indicating more available info. Nowhere on this screen is a clickable link to get more information. Instead, the user must hover over the description, wait, and then read. This not obvious to the user and unexpected; so much so that it's entirely possible for the user to give up before realizing how to get the info.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Audio Devices missing, meeting goes to "Leaving..."

I'm encountering a weird issue with teams. Whenever I attempt to join a meeting, the video and microphone toggle are disabled. When I join the meeting, I'm immediately met with a "Leaving..." message and am unable to continue without ending the program task.

Under my settings tab, I see "None" as options for all audio and video devices.

My devices definitely continue to work, as I am able to use the browser version of teams, Skype for Business, etc just fine.

I've attempted a reinstall, as well as several reboots, without success.

Are there any known workarounds to this issue?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Double-clicking a person to chat with briefly flashes the chat window to that person but then switches back to previous chat

I'm I'm chatting with one person and I want to chat with someone else, like the next person down on my Recent list, generally I would just click the name, and the chat window would switch. Sometimes Teams ignores that first click entirely, so I would double-click. I noticed that if I do that double-click, you can see the person I double-clicked on in the chat window briefly, but then it flips back to the original person I'm chatting with. If I don't pay close enough attention to this I will end up chatting with the wrong person, which has…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. PDF Viewer sometimes refreshes when scrolling and zooming, losing your place in the document and causing you to wait for it to reload.

This happens in the Teams Web App (tested on Firefox on Windows 7), and in the iOS app on iPad.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unable to "Meet Now" on Android app

Unable to "Meet Now" on Android app.

We are unable to create a meeting while on Android app.

We are using it on a Android tablet:
    Galaxy Tab S2
    Model: SM-T810
    Android version: 7.0
    Build Number: NRD90M.T810XXU2DRB1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Display the storage utilization

I can't find where I can know the utilization of the file storage in my team when I get the message " you've reached the storage limit, please update. In fact , there only fewer than 1 GB files in the teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. reach the storage limit

I can't find where I can know the utilization of the file storage in my team when I get the message " you've reached the storage limit, please update. In fact , there only fewer than 1 GB files in the teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Task in Planner doesn't move up when you press the up arrow, task disappears altogether Suggest ability to drag and drop where you want to p

Task in Planner doesn't move up when you press the up arrow, task disappears altogether
    Suggest ability to drag and drop where you want to position the task, as currently the up arrow to move a task doesn't work and just deletes the task altogether!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. When chatting with multiple people, when I switch between chats Teams sometimes places me well above the last read line

If I chat with 2 or more people, when I switch from one person to the other, it will often place the scroll bar well up above where the last read line is, so I have to scroll down. When I do, it often takes 5 or more seconds to load all the IMs I've already read as well as the new ones. I either see blank space or solid rectangles where the text should be until it actually loads.

This makes it difficult to maintain good flow during multiple conversations.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Always failed to upload file in desktop application

File upload in web is ok, but it always failed to upload file in desktop application

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Unable to send GIFs.

I am unsure what's going on, but the GIF tab is not loading any GIFs. Have been unable to send them for 2 days now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Invited to Team > signed in > stuck in sign in loop (Want to switch to Microsoft? We might ask you to sign in again'

A partner at a different organization invited me to join a Team. I can't access the account--the issue:
    1. Clicked invite to join Team created by partner
    2. Signed in to Teams using my Office 365 Premium account (joined to my business domain)
    3. The Team doesn’t display under the ‘Teams’ section
    4. The notification next to my account name tells me I have six new alerts/messages (I also received six email alerts stating I’ve been tagged in a discussion in the Team I was invited to)
    5. When I click on my account name, it show me an alternate…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Copy image from chat

When a contact post an image in chat, I should be allowed to copy image and paste it somewhere else (i.e. a word file, or onenote document) but the image seems to be blank.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Can't record audio in OneNote

When trying to record a audio in a onenote tab in Teams on any client either windows or mac, the following error is received:

Can't Record Audio: your browser is blocking access to the microphone. Click the lock icon in your browsers address bar and check your permissions.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Cant upload files.. message says We are setting up your file directory.Try refreshing the page after a few minutes or check back later.

Cant upload files.. message says We are setting up your file directory.Try refreshing the page after a few minutes or check back later.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Guest Screen Sharing

Guests don't seem to be able to screen share during video meetings. The share icon on the screen is grayed out for the guest.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Teams Android Login security bug

If I changed my Microsoft teams password in Desktop and then try to use the teams Android app, it prompts me to enter the credentials again as a notification, but if I ignore it, I can still see my previos chat history and files. Now, this is a security bug, like in case if an employee is leaving, he still can access files which he had used in teams through the mobile app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. During chat, new messages not visible until I press "New Messages" or scroll down

When I am in a private chat with someone, each time they send me a message, the message is not shown to me. Instead, I get a button at the bottom of the feed showing that if I scroll down (or click the button) I can see the new message. I assume this functionality is intended for when I've scrolled up to look at historical messages, but it's being overeager.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base