Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Emoji shortcuts are gone.

Emoji shortcuts no longer work for many emojis in version 1.4.00.10372. For example, :thumb no longer functions as a shortcut to the thumbs up reaction. These were a very effective time saver vs having to click through the emoji selector. Please bring them back if they were removed or fix the bug if it was unintentional.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pinned app wont stay pinned

I try to pin an app, but not long afterwards I see this:
    "Your admin has updated your settings. Some of your pinned apps have moved."
    Our IT wouldn't have changed these settings, so why is this the default?

105 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Extreme CPU usage of Teams for Mac when using video

Teams for Mac makes the computer almost unusable when using video conference. CPU goes to 100%, teams app slows down, Mac starts fan at max speed making even worse the experience of participating in a video conference (because of the noise).

A fix is URGENT and IMPORTANT, over any other feature.

78 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Latest linux client update (1.4.00.4855) does not open a meetimg from a link in a browser

With Linux version 1.4.00.4855 of the Teams client, when clicking on a Teams meeting link in a browser, such as in Outlook web calendar, the browser shows the page asking to open in browser, download app or open app but when selecting to open in the app, the app opens but not the meeting. Tried on Chrome and Firefox with same result.

Reverting to previous version (1.3.00.30857) solves the problem so issue seems to be with latest update.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Shortcut colon ':' for emojis stopped working since last update.

Shortcut colon ':' for emojis stopped working since last update.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. After adding external user to Contacts, chat window shown as internal user chatting?!

Based on the following Microsoft document URL, file sharing is disable for external user.
    And when I chat with an external user, the Files tab was not shown in the chat window.

But when I add the external user to Calling > Contacts and start a chat, Files tab is shown in the chat window. And I could upload files in the chat. (This is the problem.)

We hope that the Contacts function could distinguish the internal and external users. So that the user could not share files when chatting with external users. This will be safer for us.

Reference:…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Can't join a meeting: stuck on "Connecting..." screen

Sometimes I can't connect to a meeting. It's just stuck on "Connecting..." screen and never lets me in. I have to restart Teams app several times before I finally can join. I noticed that when Teams doesn't say that there're several people already in (and I know for fact several people have already joined), then I'll definitely have hard time connecting. I'm using the Teams application on Windows. I experienced this issue with meetings created in Outlook by someone else (I wasn't the meeting organizer).

289 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

48 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Teams focus issues when sharing content

In the recent Teams Dogfood build (Version 1.4.00.523 (64-bit)-E. It was last updated on 07/01/2021) if I have a meeting window popped out and snapped to one side of my monitor & other applications in the other half of my screen - Teams steals focus when a user in the meeting shares their screen.

Example - On a call, all talking sharing video and I've got Outlook open on the right and I'm looking at an email. Someone on the call starts screensharing and the Outlook window vanishes as Teams becomes the focus application.

It's hyper distracting and has led…

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Filtering by Team does not show all the channels

Recent updates to the MicrosoftTeams client make finding a channel in a Team difficult if you know the name of the Team but not the channel.

In the latest Teams client update, you changed the way users search/filter on Teams and channels. It makes it EXTREMELY difficult to find or browse a channel in a Team.

The process now for finding a channel in Teams is as follows:
    1) Filter on Team (it only Shows the General Channel)
    2) Click on the ellipses "..."
    3) Click on "Manage Team"
    4) Click on "Channels"
    5) Click on the Channel...

That's FIVE…

269 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Notifications sound without banner

In notifications, there should be an option to have sound play for any item (replies, mentions, etc) without having to turn on banner mode.

We use MS Teams at work. I have a large team (20+ ppl) and also work cross-functionally with a few other teams. This results in me receiving a lot of messages throughout the day. The banners flood my screen, covering up other things I am working on, essentially forcing me to stop what I am working on mid thought to attend to the incoming messages. It would be must more efficient if I had the option…

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Text Navigation with Ctrl+Left loops to the right

When you navigate in the text you are writing with Ctrl+LeftArrow & reach the leftmost position, the cursor loops to the rightmost position (but not the other way around).

This leads me to trying to navigate left. Don't notice that the cursor jumped to the right, and delete text at the wrong place.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Can't share new app window that is opened after a meeting has started

While you are in a meeting, you can share a single application window, but only if that application was opened prior to the meeting starting. If you are already in a meeting & then open an application (say a Word document), that window still does not show as a sharable choice in the screen-sharing options.

Users expect to be able to open a Word document (ppt, xls, etc) after the meeting has started & be able to share just that window without having to share that whole screen.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Teams drains Mac battery

Teams is draining my Mac battery. I have a new computer this year. Never an issue with any other program. I am using the cord it came with. After a 45 minute Teams meeting I am down from 100% to 77%. For comparison, a one hour Zoom meeting the battery went from 100% to 99%. This is completely unacceptable. I spend half of my day on video calls. Please fix it!

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Unticking "on close, keep application running" doesn't work

The Teams app still gets stuck in the taskbar tray as "available" after closing. Why is it still running when I close it?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Linux client: Update 1.4.00.4855-1 breaks joining calls via invitation link

Upgrading the native Linux client to version 1.4.00.4855 breaks joining calls via invitation links for some users on Fedora and Debian.
    Clicking on an invitation link for a call gives an error message or nothing happens at all.
    Downgrading to 1.3.00.30857 restores expected behaviour.

Also reported here with some more details:
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/update-1-4-00-4855-1-breaks-teams-for-linux/m-p/2199709

If more information is required, I will be happy to help if I can.
    Regards,
    Sönke

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Screen sharing - drop-downs on browser appear blank

Microsoft Teams made the drop-downs list on Chrome not appears when sharing screen to other users.

Many persons reported that bug in the suggestion forum: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/37592302-screen-sharing-drop-downs-on-browser-appear-blan

Windows 10

117 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Messages don't display in order when chatting with other users

Serious bug - Messages no longer appear in sequential order when received within a short period of time from the same user. When a person sends multiple messages, the new messages are put above my replies. An exchange of 10 back-and-forth messages (5 each) that should be order A-B-A-B-A-B-A-B-A-B for users A and B.. are instead ordered AAAAA BBBBB. This is not limited to single-message-exchange, that is simply a basic example. It becomes very frustrating as longer conversation I will have to scroll up to see the replies to my messages. Other team mates have reported the same isse.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Missing notification about multiple teams organizations

I am a member of several teams organizations. Once in my own organization and then in various customer organizations as a guest. Unfortunately, since a few weeks, I no longer receive notifications from the other organizations for new messages if I am not directly in that organization (i.e. the small 1 on a red background does not appear). So now I have to go into each organization separately to see if there are any new notifications in that team. An email notification about missed messages is a nice idea, but is not helpful at all in our environment where we…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Call History

Version 1.4.00.11161 having issues with call history.

Teams Voice PSTN calls do not show in call history unless Teams client is restarted.

Call history from over 7 days has also disappeared.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Copying code from chat inserts zero width spaces

If you select and copy an entire chat message containing code and paste it into your favorite editor five zero width spaces are inserted after each { or }.

The pattern looks like: {<200b><200b><200b><200b><200b> or }<200b><200b><200b><200b><200b>

This same behavior also occurs when copying the entire message containing fenced code fragments.

This behavior does not occur if the message header is not selected or if single lines are copied and pasted.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base