Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Can't switch to guest account on linux application

When I try to switch from my regular account to another guest account the application shows the guest screen for a few seconds, then close and reopen in my regular account.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Blur and the Background features are complete gone....Again!

I recently enabled the new Features in Teams and updated to Version 1.3.00.9267 (64-bit) on July 28, 2020. Now the Blur and the Background features are complete gone!

It appears to be a rehash of an issue from back in June. The Current Case is Closed: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/908686-bug-reports/suggestions/40115269-blur-option-disappeared

I would say that it needs to addressed again. I work from home (like a lot of other people). Need the feature to blur and set a background back ASAP please!

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams Mobile App - Front facing camera zoomed in too far

Can the default camera zoom setting be set so it's not zoomed in as far? We consistently see people's foreheads when they join on the mobile app.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unable to switch focus to video feeds when participant is sharing content

In previous versions of Teams, if a participant is sharing their screen you could double-click on a video feed to bring meeting participant videos into focus instead of the presented content. A recent update reverted this behavior (I'm on Teams Version 1.4.00.11161 (32-bit) on Win 10).

This is a step backwards. Being able to switch between the presented content and the video feeds is very useful. I think the default of showing the presented content is fine but we should still have the option to focus on video feeds.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. By using Office 2016, the link to the webinar doesn't appear in the Outlook invitation.

When I receive the confirmation subscription to the webinar by e-mail, I also receive an ICS that I have the possibility to save in my Outlook calendar.

The invitation is booked in my calendar, but no link appear in the Outlook meeting (and also not into the Teams calendar), so it's not possible to join the webinar.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Window / Screen sharing does not refresh and gets stuck

When you start a call/meeting with somebody and you share a window (so not the entire screen but just one part, like an opened Word file), then close this file and open a different Word file, and want to share that one instead, you can't.
    You still see a button for sharing the Word window, only it is the window of the previous file you have now closed.
    So, Teams does not seem to 'refresh' the screen/window sharing.

This means that everytime you want to share a different document, you need to end the call and then call again to…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Sometime tagging mention has not receive notification

It seems some bugs. When user mentioned by tag that sometime it has not receive notification.But its not anytime happens. just sometime

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. MS Team's approval app doesn't honour markdowns used to format the content

We are formatting the content in Approval using these markdowns but in MS Team Approval app, the content of message all shows up with markdowns... looks very messy.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Teams (iOS) now requires local network access to function. No thanks.

Since this morning, Can’t make a call with IOS Teams if Teams does not have access to local network

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 46 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

32 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. My status will not update from away to available unless I activate the teams window.

My teams status will update to away automatically, but I've noticed that after returning to the computer, the status remains "away" unless the teams window becomes the active window. Once I activate the teams window again, the status will reset automatically after a few seconds. However, this is not intuitive, if I have teams running in the background, it will show me as away even if I've been back and active on my computer for hours, and I won't even be aware.

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Turn off incoming video option missing

The option to turn off incoming video has now been removed. This is a really important feature for people with learning difficulties as the video can distract.

Why do MS keep making these changes that have an adverse effects on users with specific needs?

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Excel freezes during screen-sharing session

I always share Screen instead of Excel app/file.  I've had to quit and re-open Excel spreadsheets too many times during screen-sharing sessions.

70 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Teams app on android constantly refreshing

Refreshes every second. Not able to use the app.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. The Calls groups functionality greatly hampered

The Calls page has changed to such an extent that is has become just about unusable.

Originally the groups took up most of the space of the view.

I have several groups and I could tell by simply scanning the group what the group members were up to and reach out to free members as necessary.

In the latest build the "History" has become the dominant element, pushing the groups into a narrow strip on the right. Furthermore the view no longer remembers the expand/collapse state of the groups.

Furthermore it has become impossible to add/create/delete or generally manage the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Screen refresh loop

When launching teams from a notification the app launches and tries to refresh. It can't pull the latest data and keeps trying. The only way to stop it is to force stop that app and reboot. Running on Google pixel 5 with latest and unmodified os

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Teams on Android .. app screen has started to flash / show loading icon for long periods

I have used Teams on Android (various) for nine months with no problems, and for the past two months on a Pixel 4 5g. However, during the past two days it has become unusable, spending long periods of time simply flashing / switching to the loading or syncing icon. This is so persistent that the system can no longer be used. The phone is very far from capacity, is connected to solid wifi, and has not previously had any similar problem.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. If "new meeting experience" is enabled, telephone calls that come inbound from a Call Queue can not be answered and disconnect immediately

If the "new meeting experience" is enabled on Teams Version 1.3.0019173 (64bit) Windows 10 then users in our telephone call queue can no longer answer any incoming calls. They are disconnected immediately upon answering. Disabling "new meeting experience" resolves this for now.

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base