Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

I found a bug...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. voice messages playback issue

In the Android version of Teams, When I record and send a voice message, and then I want to listen to it, the playback is not acting properly.
    I mean the voice is being played and I can hear it, but the play button doesn't turn to pause button and it looks like nothing is being played.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Group Chat stopped showing avatars and names for a period

In a continuous group chat used for handover between follow the sun sites suddenly avatars and names were no longer shown when text was added to the chat. Quitting the application and restarting it, nor a reboot fixed the issue. The next day it started working again by itself as well but the gap in the history where I am unable to see who added what is still there.

This seems to be an issue on the client side as my colleagues see the group chat correctly during the time it did not work for me.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Can't handle event when team was deleted

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/platform/concepts/bots/bots-notifications#

Here we have events that can be handled by my bot to update user/conversation/team cache, but here is some trouble with this. I don't receive TeamMemberRemoved event any time when a team was deleted. I'm not sure that it is a bug, but from my point of view this is incorrect behavior that may lead to some inconsistency in bots. Because as you say in docs this events should be used for "Update cached information on team membership or channel information
    ". But with this fact (that we can't handle event, when team was deleted) we can't update…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Error when trying to recreate "Deleted" channel

Firstly I don't see a way to rearrange the channels position within team. Like I can't move a desired channel up or down within the list of channels. So I tried to delete and recreate the channels in desired order. It deleted the channel but now it gives me error and wouldn't allow me to create channel with that name saying "Channel name is already taken". Technically that should not be the case because that channel was deleted and doesn't exist anymore ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Unable to mention guests in desktop app

Unable to mention guest in Windows app. This can be done in the web app, but not in the desktop app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Speed Dial/Contact Naming Issues

If I try to include someone's nickname in the Full Name field of a contact I'm adding to my Speed Dial list, I get an invalid name error. The problem seems to be that the field doesn't like the use of quotation marks around the nickname. Yes, I know, I could use other than quotation marks, but that's conventional. Please fix this rather than asking me to adopt a new convention.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Link to app vendor seems wrong

When searching for Jira apps from MS Teams store, Jira Server appears. Clicking on the app shows that it's By Softserve, Inc., but the hyperlink is https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira. Is this intended? Shouldn't it be a link to some page by or about Softserve, Inc. instead?

This not only affects Jira, but also Confluence and Bitbucket. In other words, all Atlassian apps by Softserve have this same pattern. Upon doing a quick check, other apps seem to have the same pattern too. Why is this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. unable to update file name

I have an error message when I want to modify name of a file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Creative Cloud linking: onedrive/outlook log in to ms teams won't work

After signing in outlook email, it will reload for the password input but will only show a blank modal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Changing the team name does not change the OneDrive repository name to correspond to the name change

Please make one drive repository name change when team name is changed

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. gifs don't display in quotes

Creating a quote field in chat and dragging a gif that has already been posted into the field, causes the gif not to display in the quote box.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Deleted member still on my Sharepoint

A deleted member of my team is still saving files onto my Sharepoint space. Even though I can't see it when I access myName.sharepoint.com.

Critical: Is there anyway to revoke that access?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. conversations not visible in desktop

Channel conversations have disappeared on the Desktop version, but they're still there--visible on the web app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Join button and inaccessible meeting room for team members

I came across same situation. I have created meeting room for my team few weeks ago. Everything works perfect like 2 week, than some members of my development team began to have problems with joining the meeting (reoccurring one established via Outlook), as the join button was missing for them. Then, I needed to record the meeting (I have the rights to do so) - it was yesterday - until this event, I was able to joint the pinned meeting via Join button. The recording was started, everything seemed OK, I properly stopped the recording and then it happened. I…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Upload a bot to the organization's application catalog via sideloading fails with exception

I have created a bot in the AppStudio and I can upload this bot into my personal MS Teams app. catalog, but every time I'm trying to put it into the organization's catalog it fails with error:

Unexpected exception returned from the service.Error code: GeneralException
    Error message: Exception in CreateTenantAppDefinitionAsync. UserId: 'bf01f57d-bd54-4359-944b-726a6fa44e88', TenantId: 'bfa528b8-5b06-4e05-a741-a2b95c456d03', AppId: '56996f88-6570-43f2-9f29-58e1bdb38b62', Exception(s): 'Microsoft.SkypeSpaces.MiddleTier.Common.ServiceException: Failed to execute settings store request: https://settings.teams.skype.com/amer/v1.0/settings/teams/tenants/bfa528b8-5b06-4e05-a741-a2b95c456d03/appentitlements, StatusCode: 400, ReasonPhrase: Schema validation errors, X-MSEdge-Ref: Ref A: 967F7225F5F1401D903EDE550BAEBC80 Ref B: BAYEDGE0421 Ref C: 2019-05-13T19:43:40Z
    at Microsoft.SkypeSpaces.MiddleTier.BackendServices.SettingsStore.SettingsStore.<ExecuteRequestAsync>d__19.MoveNext() in F:\ts-services-111\_work\524\s\Source\BackendServices\BackendServices\SettingsStore\SettingsStore.cs:line 265
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Reply all with IM not working correctly

Within an Outlook email message, the Reply All with IM feature only opens a conversation with the sender, not all the recipients.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. The side bar does not collapse reliably

See title. Especially when the app fills half of the screen (i.e. full screen, shared with another full screen app), the side bar overlaps part of the content, and does not collapse every time, covering part of the content.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. After sharing my screen and give control to other user on my same tenant, cannot use the keyboard over a RDP session

I share my screen with someone on the same tenant, then I give remote control to the other one, the other person can open any application or else write on every applications, but if the local session that is sharing the screen perform a Remote Desktop Session, the person who has remote control, cannot use the keyboard.

Trying to explain I got the following example:

This works correctly:

(Remote (Local Share Screen))

Here the keyboard is not working, but the mouse is:

(Remote(Local Share Screen (RDP)))

Seems that when the nested RDP is being performed the Keyboard is not passing…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bug: Notifications reappear when a monitor is plugged in.

Hello,

If you have had some notifications pop up in the past. From a conversation or a call. Those popups have disappeared.

If you plugin a new monitor. One of those popups will reappear. And not be closable, nor disappear automatically, unless you close teams entirely.

With kind regards.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base