Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Android app flickers whe i open it

If i dont use the android app for a couple of days and then open it, it flickers uncontrollably. I think it is syncing up with my account activity since it stops after a couple of mins

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

63 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When transferring using consult then transfer in new meeting experience, the 'live' call window is behind the call being transferred

We have found that when attempting to transfer a call with the new meeting experience switched on, the window for the 'live' call - i.e. the consultation is hidden behind the call you are attempting to transfer, which is not intuitive nor immediately obvious so it appears that the Transfer button is missing.

Could this please be resolved so that the focus is on the consultative call window and not on the call which is being transferred (which is on hold at this time)?

95 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Cannot edit/amend 'Meeting Options' in Teams to allow participants to join without waiting in lobby is giving error "Something went wrong"

Hello,

I am having trouble with Microsoft Teams (free version).

I am scheduling a meeting using 'Teams App' on my iPhone or Teams App on my windows laptop.

When I click 'Meeting Options' to allow participants to join without waiting in lobby; I get this error "Something went wrong, reload the page, if it keeps happening, try again later.'

I am the host of meeting, and I do not want people people to wait in lobby for me to admit them.

I am not sure why this problem suddenly; because it was working fine for past 3~4 months.

I am…

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Cursor jumps to the end in message input when Alt+Shift pressed

I'm from Belarus and I use two keyboard languages (russian and english). To switch language I use hotkey Alt+Shift. When I type message and switch language with hotkey then my cursor jumps to the end of message input. It happens after about 2 second, but not right when hotkey pressed

It's very critical for message editing! I move cursor to edit something and when language switched I type some symbols, but cursor jumps to the end and I type part of word in the end of message (see attached video as example)

On the video after typing I don't move…

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams Linux: Opening Meeting links does not work anymore since version 1.4

I'm using Microsoft Teams on my business notebook for several month without any big issues. Since version 1.4.00.4855 I can't open meetings anymore.

With version 1.3.x opening meeting links worked as expected. The web browser redirecty the link to teams, teams gets the focus and shows the button to join the meeting. Since version 1.4 everything is same except the last step. teams gets the focus but it does not show the button to join the meeting. Instead I see the last used view in teams without any reference to the meeting.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Camera stays on/reactivates after meeting has ended

After clicking the red "Leave" button to disconnect from a call (where I was an invitee, not the meeting organizer), the camera briefly turns off, then immediately turns on again (the LED is active). The only way to turn off the camera in Teams is to:
    a) Go to Settings > Devices to view the camera stream, then close settings. Teams then correctly deactivates the camera.
    b) Unplug the camera.

This bug has appeared in the last couple of weeks, and did not occur in the previous 9 months of daily Teams calls.

My camera is a Logitech C310, under…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Share system sound in stereo while presenting and sharing screen in Teams meetings

I cant get sharing "system sound" in stereo to work when sharing presentations in Teams? Is this a limitation in teams that is known? It works great in my PowerPoint and a video with the embedded stereo sound but not when sharing the presentation in Teams with "System Audio", then it comes out mono (maybe even only one channel).

We do stereo audio projects and in Covid times we need to show people how it works over a teams meeting...with sound in stereo.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Call consult and transfer to a call queue - transfer feature is missing

Incoming call should via "consult and transfer" to a call queue. if an agent answers the call queue transfer feature is missing, its not possible to transfer, only switch back to the call or hang up. transfer after consulting should be available like in 1:1 calls.

102 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. BUG: Chats Showing Out of Order

BUG: Chat Messages show up initially out of order in Main screen When you are responded too, Once scroll in the Chat or click off and then go back into the chat the messages are in order. Issue does not show up in popped out window (ie. Video Chat Window or just a popped out Chat Window.
    Issue is reproducable in Web Interface.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sharepoint News-connector not working

The Sharepoint news connector can no longer be configured for any channel, and already configured connections are no longer working. I've published a couple of news for more than 48 hours ago, still no newspush in the channel. Please fix this, it's urgent in these times when fast news are important!

Error message: REST request failed. Headers : SPRequestGuid:117d3e94-e5ee-4af3-b8a3-3d87d362ffc7SPRequestDuration:13request-id:117d3e94-e5ee-4af3-b8a3-3d87d362ffc7 Error from response : {"error_description":"Missing signature."}

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Enable gif background effects

When you select a gif as a background effect, it just appears as a still picture and is not animated. Please add support for gifs so that if you set a gif as your background effect, it is animated. Thank you!

159 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Raised hand not synchronizing after coming back from breakout rooms

In every meeting I have had I encountered the following bug: After we have been brought back to the meeting from breakout rooms, other participants would only be notified that you raised your hand after toggling your microphone on and off. So sometimes students would raise their hands but the teacher cannot see them and thus cannot ask them to speak.
    If you leave the meeting and reenter after a breakout room session, the status updates normally for you, but others who stayed in the meeting will still encounter the bug. They will not see your hand if you do…

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. cmd+tab doens't go to Teams application

With every other application on my computer (Mac) I can hit Cmd+Tab and navigate between apps using the app switcher, when I let go of cmd+tab that program becomes active and the desktop switches to the desktop with the application, teams has not been doing that recently although it had this behavior in the past.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Gmail calendar invites not coming through

From https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/microsoft-teams-invites-not-showing-up-in-gmail/m-p/1726329/highlight/false#M73675 - I was able to replicate this issue. Sent a Teams invite to a Gmail address, and the calendar item was not received

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Cursor jumps to the end of message, when I change it somewhere in the middle

This. It is very-very annoying! Please fix it!
    Not sure but maybe it is related to keyboard language switching.

Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.28779 (64-bit). It was last updated on 10/23/20.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Screen share won't find newly open programs

When doing screen share in a Teams meeting, it will not find newly opened programs after the meeting starts. You need to stop the meeting open all programs and then you can click screen share to see the open programs to share. It will not work if you start the meeting FIRST and then open the programs you need to share.

Also, you are having to scroll down to see all available options if more than 2 programs are open and trying to screen share. Many teachers are getting confused and has been many of our Customer Support calls.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. New Meeting Experience Cannot Share Newly Opened Window

We have Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.28779 and have the New Meeting Experience turned on.

We have noticed that when in a call/meeting if you open a new Window/Application in the background you cannot share this in your current session. If you end the meeting and re-start then it is available. This means you can only share Windows that were open when the meeting started.

If you turn off the New Meeting Experience then it works as expected, you can open new Windows and start sharing them on the fly.

Looks to be a bug in New Meeting Experience?

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. PLATFORM ERROR WHEN SHARING FILES THROUGH THE WINDOW OPTION

1.- When wanting to share files, some have commented to me that the document, video, etc. that they open during the meeting by clicking the share button is not seen in the "Window" part and it is not seen in the lower part.

2.- So it happens that if we have a file open and we close it during the meeting, by mistake in the platform it continues to appear in the list to share and confuses thinking that we can open it from that window.

3.- It happens in the new meeting experience

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Flickering screen when sharing Adobe PDF's.

When sharing an adobe PDF file on application view the document continuously flickers for both the host and guests. the only way to resolve this is to hold down the mouse button. It's so bad we have resulted to Zoom to share screens. Please offer a fix ASAP.

132 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Participants list is disappearing

When in a Teams meeting, teachers are reporting their participants list is disappearing. Uninstalling and reinstalling Teams seems to fix it for about 15 minutes and then it happens again. It appears Teams ran an update and ever since then they have been unable to see the full participants list. The names just disappear once they are hovered over. Version: 1.4.00.4167 (64-bit) happening to multiple teachers using Teams Desktop App on HP Windows 10 machines.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base