Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

I found a bug...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Skype for Business replies in 1x1 chat conversation session with a Teams User have each reply open up a new 1x1 chat conversation session

Skype for Business User1 opens a 1x1 chat conversation with Teams User2 who is signed into Teams only (User2 is not signed into Skype for Business). Skype for Business User (not signed into Teams) sends messageA to a Teams User (not signed into Skype for Business). Teams User has 1x1 chat session_i open up and messageA is present. Teams User2 responds with messageB in session_i. Then Skype for Business User1 responds in their Skype for Business Window with messageC, however; instead of being grouped in with the intial messageA and messageB, a new session (session_i+1) is opened in Teams. Note:…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Snowblind! White screen of nothingness when opening Teams.

Snowblind! White screen of nothingness when opening Teams.

Workaround: I can get teams to work if I toggle the channel from Prod to SlimCore@SpaceTest10 and back to Prod. I have to do this each time I want to use Teams on this PC!?!?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. I cannot type on the remote machine on occasion

When I use the remote desktop and control another machine. I sometimes cannot type on the remote computer despite having control. I'm usually connecting to a mac users. Not sure if the bug is limited to mac connections or not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. scheduling assistant

I don't know if this is a missing feature or a bug.

I went through the trouble of using Exchange Online PowerShell to create a room list and associate rooms (resources) to that room list. This allowed me to select a physical, and reservable, room to the Teams meeting. All good so far.

However, I noticed that Scheduling Assistant doesn't seem to work very well for my rooms. Outlook is already capable of reading the room's (resource's) availability in order for any user to book a time with that resource that is available. However, it appears Teams is having difficulty…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Guest users are able to receive calls although the private call is not allowed for guest users.

I've tested following guest experience scenario.
    Teams user in the organization: Allow private calling - ON
    Guest user: Allow private calling - OFF

In this case, Guest users are not able to make private calls but able to receive calls from users in the organization. It should not be the expected behavior.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. OneNote

I continue to get the following using Teams and trying to add a notebook and with the web clipper.

Sorry, we can't perform the request if one of the user or group's document libraries contains more than 20,000 items.
    Session Id: 7fe09aff-7c42-41f1-96e9-186f3240e2a2
    Correlation Id: f8b487d4-2e43-48a0-8ec0-e149e3c44d5a
    Thu, 29 Mar 2018 15:31:19 GMT

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. the hand ok sign animation has a row of pixels at the top

there is a line at the top of the ok hand emoji animation that looks a though it should be at the bottom

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Conversations lost after attaching the a new conversation

Let's supposed I start a new conversation and attach a document in a channel conversation. We have couple of conversations attach to the document if the last month. Then 2 month later instead of finding the file and continue the conversation we start a new conversation in the channel based on the same document. We hope that Team will let us know that a conversation has already been started on the document and continue the discussion on the same thread instead of erasing all the previous discussion related to the document.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Extremely slow lately

The teams app has become extremely slow lately. Everything takes time - starting a new chat, navigating to a channel, opening a tab etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Automatically mutted/Show stopper

When i call with other teams member and connected with external mike and speaker, i cant listen end user voice after 4minutes(exactly). Am using my laptop having windows10, Reproduce scenario:
    When i receive the call and gets ringing with internal speaker, talking with external speaker/mike, i can face the same issue

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Incorrect Ukrainian language label

There are incorrect language label in settings menu (Ukrainian language).
    Correct label would be: "Українська"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The activity feed not updating in desk top

When I view the activity list on my iOS device, the unread items then do NOT show up on the desktop app. The only way I can see the new activities is to log into the Teams website version to see the activities that need attention. Once I click and view the activity in the feed, it then shows up in the desktop app, but any un-read activities don't show up in the desktop app until read in the browser setting.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. OneNote tab functionality errors: browse and paste

I'm trying to add an existing OneNote to a tab. I've tried both the browse for existing OneNote book and pasting in the link and I'm getting errors, as attached.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Onedrive sort by name not working

When trying to upload a file to a channel using Onedrive "attach" option, it looks like files and folders are sorted by "last modified date" regardless of hitting "name" to sort ascending or descending by name.

This made it very difficult to browse my OneDrive for Business for the files I needed, please fix!

FYI, this was posted in the "Public" feedback area, but it is definitely a bug, so reposting. (original post - https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/33178930-upload-file-from-onedrive-wrong-ordering-of-name)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. A wikipage is locked for editing by me but I can't get to it anymore

A wikipage is locked for editing by me but I can't get to it anymore.

While working on a wikipage in teams via the Teams app i got a hickup (lost connection) and now i (the whole team) is locked out from that wiki page because "someone (that would be me) else is editting this section".... This has been going on for wultiple days now.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. chat messages are being sent to the wrong recipient

My personal chat messages are sending to the wrong recipients. I click on the person I want to send the message to, type the message, and then when I press send, Teams changes the recipient. I think it only occurs on my private chats with team members who are my 'favorites'. Not 100% sure though.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Search results for a guest

As a guest, we do not see the left pane (the white left pane with messages contacts or files filter).

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base