Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. In large meetings (250 people) people hit "mute all" and consistently silence the speaker, disrupting the meeting.

In large meetings (250 people) people hit "mute all" and consistently silence the speaker, disrupting the meeting.

Please figure out a solution to prevent such disruptions in large meetings.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Calls  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Images Uploaded to Channel Conversations via iOS App are NOT loading!

Our Company has a created a channel in one of our Teams to attach/upload pictures using the iOS Teams App. We have a dedicated channel our employees use to upload site inspection pictures. Some of these pictures that were successfully uploaded by our users and were displaying correctly in the past, now are NOT loading coreectly. Instead, Teams is display a blank white box where the picture was. Our uploaded iamges in this channel conversation appear to be gone for everyone else trying to view the image in that Team, replaced with a blank white placeholder. These images are NOT…

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Channel Conversation Thread Replies lose focus when new thread is added or updated

Description: When typing a reply to an existing conversation thread, and another thread is created or replied to, Teams shifts focus out of the "reply" dialog and scrolls the window to the latest conversation thread. The user must then scroll back up and click reply again to continue typing their response.

Reproduction Steps: Start a conversation thread in a channel. Begin to reply to the thread. Have another user start a new conversation thread in the same channel. Your reply will lose text-box focus and the window will scroll up to show the new thread which will be given focus.…

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Teams on iPad OS cannot open Office Files

Teams on IPad OS beta 13 cannot open most Microsoft Office files within the files section. It states that they are unsupported file types. Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents affected. OneNote seems to open though.

Any ideas?

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Client - iOS  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. On Teams App for iOS, a chat with a custom app installed disappears in the chat list.

# Detail
    I created a custom app bot with the below source code of the sample app.
    And I added my bot to "Chat", then the chat room disappeared in the chat list of iOS Teams App.
    It appears again when I deleted the bot.

In same situation, it is displayed in the chat list without any problem in the desktop application or Android Teams App.

My environment is bellow:
    - Teams App for iOS: 1.0.78, 1.0.79.
    - iOS version 11.4, 12.3

# How to reproduce

1. Create app
    Please create app with confirming following guide.
    (Readme) https://github.com/cimadai/BotBuilder-MicrosoftTeams-node/tree/master/samples

Following is…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Notifications not working on iOS 13 beta

No notifications on iOS 13 beta iPhone XS MAX

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. images display inline in chat but not viewer

Images that are posted in chat are not viewable in their original size within Teams. The viewer opens with a broken link to the image.
    Within Teams Windows App
    Reproduce:
    1. Take a screen shot and paste into the chat window.
    2. Click on the image in the chat window.
    3. The image does not display in viewer.

Breaks on Windows 10 Teams App
    Microsoft Teams Version 1.2.00.17057 (64-bit). It was last updated on 7/1/19.
    Worked before but don't know exactly when it stopped working.
    This works in the Teams webapp.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Version 1.2.00.13765 on macOS is using Discrete graphics continuously

"You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.2.00.13765. It was last updated on 6/3/19."

After this update, my MacBook Pro (15", 2017) is now continuously using the Radeon graphics system instead of falling back to Intel graphics to conserve power. This is obviously a massive hit to battery. Please investigate ASAP... I'll be happy to provide any logs needed if you can point me in the correct direction.

See attached PNG from gfxCardStatus (menubar applet) showing that Teams is the app to blame.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Client - Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Notifications are not coming

After the new update, there is a problem in the notifications. While chatting if the window is minimized the new message notification is not appearing.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. SRS/MTR room systems on-screen keyboard does not appear in Teams meetings

The specifics are related to SRS/MTR room systems.

When one sets up the SAS Lenovo Hub 500 to use SfB and Teams (SfB as default) the on-screen keyboard does not ever appear for starting a new meeting or adding participants in a Teams meeting. The keyboard does appear correctly in SfB meetings.

When one sets the Hub 500 to default to Teams the keyboard did not work either.

The software version is 4.0.85.0

The windows version is 10.0.16299.431

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Online meeting info was NOT included in an invite from outlook

Some participants could not get their Teams client(s) to work. So I cancelled the meeting and recreated it as a Skype meeting. Where previously Skype meeting info was placed into the invite during composition now, like Teams, it is placed into the message at send time. This is unfortunate. For whatever reasons (we apparently have no access to usable logs, so my IT folks tell me) online meeting info was NOT placed into the message. Making it unusable. So my requests are: (1) place Teams|Skype info into the composition window. This ensures the user knows there is (or isn't) a…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. The @ mention autocomplete in Teams channels is searching outside our organization. Looks like it might be global.

Individuals outside our organization are showing up in the autocomplete when we go to add an @ mention to a post.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Unable to add Uesr to group in Teams Shifts -- Save button never enables/illuminates

Unable to add user to Shifts-group on a shift schedule within Microsoft Teams. Once a user is added to a shifts-group, you cannot add to a second Shifts-group, or even delete from Shifts-group and then moved to a second Shifts-group. User must be completely DELETED from team and then re-added in order to move or add to different shift. When attempting to add user to a Shifts-group, the SAVE button never illuminates/enables. See Screenshot. Tried both web and mac teams clients. No error message. Repeatable. Demonstrated on screen share during Ticket #15512311.

Deleting user from Team in order to move…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. no badges in Teams Praise

If you click on Praise icon the badge selector window comes up empty.
    Sometimes the badges comes up, but after choosing one and clicking preview the send window is empty.
    If you recieve a praise the badge is not presented.
    Win 10, laptop

iOS app works for same users.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. unable to switch to guests in Android mobile

I have several guests whom granted from the customers.
    but when I switched to guest account to login the customer organization, It couldn't that and it remains the status of Microsoft organization of my account.
    even though I removed and re-installed app, but it was the same.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow external users to access group chat

Why isn't it possible to add external users to group chat? It's a big step backwards comparing to Skype for Business and it makes life more difficult for companies working with various clients on a daily basis.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Error when trying to recreate "Deleted" channel

Firstly I don't see a way to rearrange the channels position within team. Like I can't move a desired channel up or down within the list of channels. So I tried to delete and recreate the channels in desired order. It deleted the channel but now it gives me error and wouldn't allow me to create channel with that name saying "Channel name is already taken". Technically that should not be the case because that channel was deleted and doesn't exist anymore ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Use the standard text sizes in iOS

I use the small font size in my device settings, but I have never seen text as small as in Teams for iOS.

Please use standard text sizes throughout the app. This will mean that the text size that your users see will be the size they expect to see, rather than whatever makes it easier to design overly complex UI with.

I understand this will be a large rewrite, that’s okay, the sooner you do this, the better.

Please refer to the Human Interface Guidelines provided by Apple: https://developer.apple.com/design/human-interface-guidelines/ios/visual-design/typography/

Microsoft also has some advice on the importance of text…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Accessibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. False unread msg on android app

team mobile app shows unread messages notification on app icon, even though I already read them on the desktop app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Authentication Issues - Continually tries to have me login

I'll update this next time I see it happen on my phone... It'll be a bit vague now since the report is all from memory.

When opening the Teams app I am prompted to log back in. If I try to log back in the app will go into a loop of trying to sign on and it'll flash up a bunch of screens that typically go away before I can understand what it says.

If I hit back, it'll often take me to my messages, which may be out of sync because I'm not actually authenticated.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Android  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.