Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Sorry we couldn't connect you" in chrome browser

Can't join to ms-teams meeting in chrome browser

Steps to reproduce:
    - Create meeting in MS calendar
    - Click to join meeting and choose an option to open ms-teams in browser
    - Press 'Join now' button
    - In a moment you'll get the screen "Sorry we couldn't connect you" like here https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/ms-teams-desktop-app-sorry-we-couldn-t-connect-you/m-p/1263755

In browser logs I see:
    callingService: Could not complete scenarios [joinscheduledmeetup] because call 3833aae2-666e-4f32-86db-33c681fcd544 was terminated with reason: 7

Full browser logs attached

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Client - Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Downloads possible from Teams Web App when supposedly blocked by Conditional Access session controls

We have been testing Conditional Access Sessions Controls, and there is a workaround that allows users to download some types of file. For instance, when editing an Word document through the Teams web app, the File > Save As > 'Download as PDF' and 'Download as ODT' options allow you to download files and in effect work round the controls.
    Trying the exact same thing when editing natively in Word web app (i.e. direct in SharePoint) is blocked successfully, so looks to be a Teams/CASC specific bug.
    I have tested in PowerPoint also and the equivalent options (Download as PDF/ODT)…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. I found a bug on filter button on teams admin center.

When i try to filter those user who not applied specific policy, then i get error no result found. even my database contain such kind of users list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. User doesn't receive invitation to a meeting.

All I can see in the background is that delivery has failed. Instead message is redirected to a some other user. No mailbox rule present.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. When i try to enter a meeting, the app says couldnt connect call, on desktop it says we ran into an error try again later

On desktop you have to sign out and sign in to your other account to get access to your other teams but you you could easily switch accounts on android, I'm just asking that the feature on android be implemented on pc so the user experience would be better and your ratings might go up as well 💡 another problem I encountered was that after I left the meeting my name shows up as a person in the meeting, example: my account is let's say Jeff, I click the leave meeting button but Jeff is still showing up as a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When i try to enter a meeting, the app says couldnt connect call, on desktop it says we ran into an error try again later

On desktop you have to sign out and sign in to your other account to get access to your other teams but you you could easily switch accounts on android, I'm just asking that the feature on android be implemented on pc so the user experience would be better and your ratings might go up as well 💡 another problem I encountered was that after I left the meeting my name shows up as a person in the meeting, example: my account is let's say Jeff, I click the leave meeting button but Jeff is still showing up as a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Microsoft teams web stuck in redirect loop (after successful login)

This only seam to happen in Linux.
    I've tried flushing the cache, manually deleting local-storage, cookies etc.
    Started in a new incognito windows, rebooted the machine just to be sure.

Every now and then, after a successful login on our company sites single sign-on portal, I get redirected to teams as expected - but I get stuck in a redirect-loop/login-loop.

Here's a video showing the issue: https://youtu.be/Py-gmHw4CfM

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Client - Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Video call experience on web / browser is abysmal. Pls bring up to par with app.

The video call experience in a browser is way inferior to the app. 1.) I can only see one video stream instead of the usual four. 2.) I can see video only if I'm lucky, often it just freezes or doesn't show at all. 3.) Video appears low fps compared to the app 4.) No background blur or pic options. Please bring this up to par with the app and competitive products such as Zoom and Google. Not everyone has the app - especially not these days. Guess which screenshot is which! ;-)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Cant connect on Chromebook

Please fix your application on chromebook, I missed an important interview because it cant connect to a meeting.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. BLUETOOTH CRASHES AND NO GALLERY VIEW

Microsoft teams is the worst video application we use - and we've tried many.
    The desktop version allows gallery view but causes the bluetooth connection to crash every time.
    We therefore moved to the browser version. Although it takes ages to log in each time, at least bluetooth is stable. However, it's only possible to see one other person at a time.
    What a load of rubbish. Thank goodness for Zoom, Skype, WhatsApp, Google, Free Conference Call and the others. We use these in preference to Teams every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. GCC High User Can't Connect To Non-Government Meetings

Whenever people logged into our GCC High tenants try to join a regular non-GCC teams instance (even just going to teams.microsoft.com) they get this error.

Clicking on the generic link in a Microsoft Teams meeting that's sent out results in the error, making it very hard for them to sign in / log into the meeting. Having to train to use Private/Incognito mode, then to NOT sign in, and then have the meeting organizer know they're going to show up as a guest (rather than restricting to just invited people) is a total pain.

Solutions/workarounds?

Request Id: dc3a4965-0e81-469d-a444-c27064ce7d00
    Correlation Id:…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. the presentation is not showing in browser.

the presentation is not showing in browser. In the desktop app it works well. But the shared content is not visible to audience in browser.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It doesn't load

Each time I try putting it on it doesn't load, I have kept on restarting the Chromebook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. I don´t hear others - they can hear me. Manjaro, Chromium, correct Audio settings

I do not hear audio.
    The others can hear me.
    I use Manjaro - and the Web-App on Chromium. Since Firefox isn´t supported, I could not test.
    Audio settings are correct.
    Loudspeakers work normally - on system test, while watching Youtube...
    One time it worked - once I unplugged the 2. Screen. Even though the Screen had no AudioOutput.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Chromium Linux video calling incorrectly unsupported

According to this web page (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/limits-specifications-teams#browsers), Chrome and Chromium-based Edge are fully supported for video calls and screen sharing. Yet when trying to join a meeting on Linux with the Chromium browser (which has the same user agent as Chrome) I get the message "This feature isn’t available yet for your browser. Try the web app with Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome, or switch to the desktop app." Manually setting the user agent to the Windows version of Chrome rather than the Linux version used as default allows me to join the meeting with audio and video.

Please…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Web  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)