Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information
Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. MS Team's approval app doesn't honour markdowns used to format the content

We are formatting the content in Approval using these markdowns but in MS Team Approval app, the content of message all shows up with markdowns... looks very messy.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Text Navigation with Ctrl+Left loops to the right

When you navigate in the text you are writing with Ctrl+LeftArrow & reach the leftmost position, the cursor loops to the rightmost position (but not the other way around).

This leads me to trying to navigate left. Don't notice that the cursor jumped to the right, and delete text at the wrong place.

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Messaging extension cards

When using messaging extension search, we have found that once the adaptive cards show up after clicking on the (hero) preview card; it gets overlapped by the current tab. So for eg., If we try to view the adaptive card for a github PR in the search bar while having a tab window open; the card gets overlapped by the tab. This bug wasn't present before but has now been showing up in the desktop and browser teams client since past few weeks. We are able to reproduce the bug in Github legacy as well our app - Structural.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Current Team is not highlighted or expanded in Teams sidebar

When viewing a channel, the current parent Team used to become bold and would auto-expand in the Teams sidebar to indicate that it was active. This has stopped working. It is especially apparent when accessing a channel by a pin or a link because there is no visual indication in the sidebar of what Team or channel you are currently viewing.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. "File in use" error trying to attach MSWord doc to outlook and slack

Why can't you attach an open Word doc into a Slack or Outlook message? I understand it is Word locking the doc, but if there are no pending changes, it is SUCH an avoidable amount of overhead (especially as a keyboard-only user) to try to attach the file, get an error message, go close the doc, reattach it and then go back and reopen the doc for future work. Now do all of that with 40 windows open and unable to use a mouse. Terrible #UX.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. MS Teams - other users see old profile picture

I regularly change my user profile picture (corporate teams account) and after a short period my profile updates across the O365 environment. However users in MS Teams typically see older images cached (from a previous meeting) on their side when we meet in teams. In other areas (eg; Outlook person card or SharePoint/Delve) they always see the correct photo.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Guest names have double quotes and backslashes around their names, their initials are missing

It started this monday in Teams application on Windows, in Czech locale. Guest names ("Host" in the Czech language) are enclosed in double quotes and with backslashes. For that affected users (most of them, maybe all), there are also missing initial letters of their name (e.g. instead of "JB" for Joe Black, there is only an icon of the user).

It seems that double quotes are replaced with backslashes and next double quotes on next login and it is growing. After few days, the name may completely hide in double quotes and backslashes.

Please analyze and try fix: - why…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Zoom out - hidden channels no longer accessible

On the Windows desktop app when you use Ctrl+-/Zoom under Profile pic menu/mouse scroll wheel to zoom out (smaller text size), it is no longer possible to access the hidden channels in a Team. Clicking on the 'Hidden channels' under each Team results in now UI response. Even when you reset the zoom using Ctrl++or the Reset Zoom icon under the Profile Pic>Zoom menu, the hidden channels remain inaccessible. The only way to fix the problem is to restart the app completely. I have tested this with multiple users to verify, but have not tried in the Mac desktop app.…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fullscreen is gone

In the lastest version, there is no fullscreen mode anymore. "Focus" is too small for me since I have a rather small display and the peole that share their screens with my have often 4K displays - in that case, I can't read anything.

Want the fullcreen mode back! Why did you remove it?

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. BUG: Spelling mistake in error on Teams Admin Centre

I loaded the Teams Admin interface (https://admin.teams.microsoft.com) from a slow internet connection and it was unable to load most of the data on the site.

An error was displaied and it contains a spelling mistake in the error.

"We can't get details of ehr usage."

Loaded site 2021/02/10 around 12:30 AEDT

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. With a recent update, the meeting window goes funny when you click on "Show Conversation"...

I am using Teams version 1.3.00.21759 (64-bit) and I noticed Monday when switching to meeting conversation the window flickers a bit and then I get what you see in the image attached--essentially the bottom right 2/3 or so of the actual screen. I can't move or scroll up to get to the controls. The only way to fix this is to leave the meeting using ALT-F4 and then return to the meeting (and not go into the conversation.... ever).

Our tentative workaround is to unselect "Turn on new meeting experience", but we would like to have this functionality restored.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. {{::buttonText}} when viewing a team's chat

When I click a team I get this {{::buttonText}} on the side menu. I guess it's an issue with injecting state in the side menu component. If it's similar to Slack then this would've been a channel's name.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

23 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Android app keyboard space is permanently active

Keyboard space on Android app marked with ? In the attached IMG should collapse when keyboard is inactive.

This issue occurs on app launch and continues to persist after typing on the keyboard. No action seems to resolve this and the space remains active with either an active keyboard during typing or empty space when keyboard is inactive.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. keyboard

Blank space at the bottom of chat screen. Cannot dismiss.
    Appears even if keyboard is not present.
    To be removed.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Language setting only applies on Main Page (MTR)

I have applied Swedish language on MTR system, so now my Teams app is showing Swedish and 24h clock which is great. But it only does it on the main page, when entering the meeting options (invite page) or joining a meeting, the language is English / 12h clock (AM/PM)
    Using 4.3.33.0 version.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. issue on team chat window on mobile devices

on team chat window in mobile device, the screen is not properly designed, when firstly i open any chat window in mobile device, there is some blank margin screen on UI bottom but when i open keyboard by clicking on type area and close the keyboard only then screen got aligned. I am using oneplus 8T phone(for your reference).
    As you can see in my attach file.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Phone app difficult to find latest unread messages

I got a message from my boss. But when I opened up teams it wasn't there. This is because it was on a channel. It took a while to understand that this wasn't just my usual issue where teams messages don't always show up in my phone app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Remove Blank space at bottom of chat screen

Blank space at the bottom of chat screen. Cannot dismiss.
    Appears even if keyboard is not present.

Device used: Samsung S8 running Android version: Android 9.
    Not seen on Oppo running Android 10, & Pixel running Android 10.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. New meeting experience shared content in pop-out window is blurry in focus mode.

The pop-out window in the new meeting experience shows shared content in a size less than full screen even when in focus mode, meaning the shared content is scaled down. The result is blurry. Focus mode should go completely full screen to avoid scaling issues.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base