Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams now setting my status to "Away" after 10 minutes?!?

While working outside of the Teams windows it sets Teams to "Away" after a very short time, even while working on the PC. As most people are not constantly just using Teams this leads others to believe one is not at their desk. There needs to be a way to turn to off and/or manually set the timeout period.

2,154 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

392 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cannot edit/amend 'Meeting Options' in Teams to allow participants to join without waiting in lobby is giving error "Something went wrong"

Hello,

I am having trouble with Microsoft Teams (free version).

I am scheduling a meeting using 'Teams App' on my iPhone or Teams App on my windows laptop.

When I click 'Meeting Options' to allow participants to join without waiting in lobby; I get this error "Something went wrong, reload the page, if it keeps happening, try again later.'

I am the host of meeting, and I do not want people people to wait in lobby for me to admit them.

I am not sure why this problem suddenly; because it was working fine for past 3~4 months.

I am…

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sharepoint News-connector not working

The Sharepoint news connector can no longer be configured for any channel, and already configured connections are no longer working. I've published a couple of news for more than 48 hours ago, still no newspush in the channel. Please fix this, it's urgent in these times when fast news are important!

Error message: REST request failed. Headers : SPRequestGuid:117d3e94-e5ee-4af3-b8a3-3d87d362ffc7SPRequestDuration:13request-id:117d3e94-e5ee-4af3-b8a3-3d87d362ffc7 Error from response : {"error_description":"Missing signature."}

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Screen share won't find newly open programs

When doing screen share in a Teams meeting, it will not find newly opened programs after the meeting starts. You need to stop the meeting open all programs and then you can click screen share to see the open programs to share. It will not work if you start the meeting FIRST and then open the programs you need to share.

Also, you are having to scroll down to see all available options if more than 2 programs are open and trying to screen share. Many teachers are getting confused and has been many of our Customer Support calls.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Using Share screen to share an Excel Worksheet is problematic on the receiving end.

Sharing an Excel spreadsheet under the Window heading is problematic. On the receiving end it sometimes displays as blank(white) or just a static image where participants cant see any activity like scrolling, highlighting a cell, etc. It works fine when sharing through the Desktop heading, but sharing the application (Window) itself presents the issues above.

Windows10 Enterprise
    Ms Teams 1.3.00.15561(64bit)
    IE and Goggle Chrome
    HP Elitebook

I've already cleared those Teams cache folders under %appdata%. Also performed a re-install of Ms Teams. The Excel files are small, still KB's in size. I once tried sharing an IE browser and it…

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Creating a team using an existing template doesn't work for "larger" teams

Hello everyone,

I am trying to create a team in MS Teams. I click on JOIN/CREATE a team, CLASS, then I click on the option to create a team using an existing team as a template. I choose the existing team, I click on Apps, Members and Settings (I check all the boxes), I change the name of the new team and then finally click CREATE. I get an error message that there is something wrong, try later. I have tried numerous times from different computers. I have tried unchecking some of the boxes (Members or Apps or both). I…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bug in selected-text Copy function?

Experiencing strange behaviours in Teams on Mac client.

Using 'Copy' / CMD-C / Right click Copy on a selection of text in a message works as expected.

However repeating the same within a code block text has strange behaviour.

Usually I'm selecting something like a filename from a chunk someone else has pasted, so I select only the filename/path and click Copy. When I paste it, the entire* text block is pasted - not just the what was selected.

• However, if the pasted code block contains one or more URLs then these appear to act as delimiters and only the…
    2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams & Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Show for members feature is not affecting channel visibility

As an Owner of a Team, there is no longer a way to show or hide a channel for all members after a channel is created. Each member will have to go to each channel, click the ellipsis and select "Show" to see the channel.

Going through team ellipsis > Manage Team > Channels tab > selecting "Show for members" on a channel no longer has any effect for existing or new members.

Creating a channel through the graph api at /v1.0/teams/channels and using the isFavoriteByDefault property in the body is no longer working either.

99 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Blue box that crosses through the “see more” link text.

When I press the “Alt” key when looking at the result of clicking a link to a conversation that is then incorrectly displayed as a comment, a blue box is shown around one of the comments that crosses through the “see more” link text. I have provided a screenshot for this.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Entire posts/conversations were disappearing from my feed

Entire posts/conversations were disappearing from my feed – i.e. I couldn’t see them in my Teams client, although I could see them in the web client. I could find the posts/conversations in Search, but then when I clicked on the post/conversation, nothing would happen. When I reinstalled Teams, I got the missing posts/conversations back.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Editing conversations with images is unstable

If you create a new conversation that has an image in it and then save it, then edit that conversation, and while the conversation is being edited, create a new conversation, then cut & paste half the text (including the image) from the first conversation into the second conversation, then save the first conversation, then save the second conversation, the second conversation stays forever in a state of “sending”.

If you close and reopen Teams, then that conversation is there with a status message at the bottom saying it failed to send, prompting me to either retry or delete the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Clicking on “see more” or “edit” on a conversation scrolls to random location in feed

Clicking on “see more” or “edit” on a conversation that is earlier in the feed causes the feed to scroll to a random location in the feed. I then have to go scrolling to find the conversation that I clicked “see more” or “edit” on.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Links to historical conversation inconsistent behavior

When I click on links to some conversations, they appear as "comments", rather than as "conversations". This behaviour is inconsistent as to which conversations are displayed incorrectly.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Conversation containing images incorrectly allows over-length text until attempt to send

When I create a conversation that has an image in it (e.g. a PNG), I can make the post as long as I want (i.e., Teams is not telling me when I exceed the maximum allowable length). If I then (before saving) delete the image, Teams immediately tells me that I’m over length. If I don’t delete the image and instead save the conversation, it lets me save it, even though it’s over length. When I then edit it, Teams then tells me that the post is over length and won’t let me save it until I reduce the length.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Conversations with images cannot be edited

Any conversation that has an image in it (e.g. a PNG) cannot be edited until the images have been removed. The only way I can edit a conversation with an image in it is to first replace all the images with text, save the conversation, then edit it again, replacing the text with the PNG images.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. MS Teams "Share" Button Defect

The “Share” button intermittently disappeared under MS Team > Calendar > meeting > File > “Share” button. The button intermittent disappearance happens most often to meeting attendees. The meeting organizers always has “Share” button displayed.

This happens to multiple users and I could validate this on my MS Teams account also. One of the users reported that he noticed the “Share” button disappearance after microsoft multi factor authentication activation, but I cannot validate this because I did not use this button before.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. MS Teams "Share" Button Defect

The “Share” button intermittently disappeared under MS Team > Calendar > meeting > File > “Share” button. The button intermittent disappearance happens most often to meeting attendees. The meeting organizers always has “Share” button displayed. This happens on the Teams app and Teams web as well.

This happens to multiple users and I could validate this on my MS Teams account also. One of the users reported that he noticed the “Share” button disappearance after microsoft multi factor authentication activation, but I cannot validate this because I did not use this button before.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. MS Teams "Share" Button Defect

The “Share” button intermittently disappeared under MS Team > Calendar > meeting > File > “Share” button. The button intermittent disappearance happens most often to meeting attendees. The meeting organizers always has “Share” button displayed. This happens on the Teams app and Teams web as well.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Migrate To New Phone With SSO Requires Re-Installation

This is probably a hard one to recreate, but I just went from iPhone 8 to iPhone 12 Pro and my data migrated mostly seamlessly from device to device via the iCloud. Most apps require re-authorization after migration to reconnect to accounts. Microsoft Teams I would expect to be no different, however it seemed to be stuck in some sort of 2FA prompting loop. I didn't take screenshots so I have nothing to share on what prompts were provided.

When I launched the Teams application I could see I was a member of 2x organizations. I wasn't able to switch…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. There isn't possibility to leave from a Team

Give the possibility to leave from a Team

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)