Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information
Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Self signed certificates not allowed in Teams tabs linked website

When using tab with linked website via https

If website uses self-signed certificate (e.g. internal sites) then this results in error in Teams: This site won't load in our desktop app

In browser is OK since you can tell system to trust the root CA used for self-signing. But Teams ignores this.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sharepoint Lists - cannot add to MS-Teams tab from other separate sites

Hi all,

I am not able to add a list from a separate Communications Site to a Teams tab although I am owner of everything with full control. The error returned is "That link did not work because you either do not have access or it is unsupported.".

Lists created in the MS-Teams linked Sharepoint work, even when using the URL method of adding to create a tab.

I have ensured that the site collection features of the Communications Site match those of a teams linked Sharepoint, but to no avail.

This is a major deficiency and thwarting the benefits…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Tasks App still showing deleted Planner Boards

Why does the Tasks app insist on showing deleted boards without providing a method to remove them?

This is a frustrating experience that makes me want to NOT use this app.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Creating a team using an existing team as a template no longer copies the tab set up options

I am using the Educational tenancy of Teams. We have created template style teams to encourage our users to copy when creating a new team to help create the same structure across all teams.

Previously, when we created a new team and select 'create team using an existing team as a template' and ensure channels and tabs are ticked, it copied over the tabs we had created within the channels and prompted the user to 'set up the tab'. Now however, the tabs are copied but with no functionality - the only available option is to delete the tab. This…

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bulletin app won't open after moving to another channel

Here is the case:

I tried out the Bulletin app now for a week in teams to keep my team up to date.

So I opened the Bulletin app for the first time and see some standardized example articles. So I went to the the "manage bulletin" section and published some articles that I made myself. I also removed the example articles.

When I switch back to the bulletin app to see the result it won't open anymore. Only if I shut down Teams completely and then open it, it will open the bulletin app.

It seems that every time…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. The problem with "My dashboard"

Every time I close the app of "Microsoft Teams" and try to access
    "My dashboard" after some time, "My dashboard" is stuck until I log out and sign in into my profile once again. Please, solve this problem as soon as possible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The problem with "My dashboard"

"My dashboard" after some time, "My dashboard" is stuck until I log out and sign in into my profile once again. Please, solve this problem as soon as possible.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. The problem with "My dashboard"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The problem with "My dashboard"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The problem with "My dashboard"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. The problems with accessing "My dashboard" on iPhone

There is no way to access the tab "My dashboard" using the phone, although it appears on the desktop version of Teams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Left panel Stream app needs default channel setting

Please allow default Stream channel selection as the organization-wide setting. Now adding Stream to the left side panel is pretty much useless.

It would be cool to pin to the left panel corporate stream videos channel.

Link image shows what I mean.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Pop-out-app feature shows inconsistent behaviour with different themes

It's hard to pinpoint the cause of this issue, but I noted the Pop-out-app window doesn't apply the dark theme in my add-ins implementation, while it does inside the regular i-frame. Trying to reproduce I checked different apps, such as Polly (refer to the appended image), and noted the same behaviour: light theme is applied when dark theme should.
    I opened an issue in the Teams-SDK-Repo, but the theme change hander actually works as expected.
    You may notice similar/slightly differently unintended behaviour in other AppSource-add-ins as well, such as App Studio.

(Issue link: https://github.com/OfficeDev/microsoft-teams-library-js/issues/511)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. SharePoint “New” options no longer working in Website tab

The associated SharePoint site’s “New” options no longer works when displayed through the Website tab option.

Steps to reproduce (tested on two tenants to confirm it’s not a local security issue).

Create a team
    Create a new library in the associated SharePoint site
    Add a new Website tab and point this at the new library
    Select the tab and in the SharePoint library go to the “New” dropdown.
    Select any option, i.e. Word document, nothing happens.

Go to the SharePoint library through a browser and repeat the library steps above works fine. I can create new documents within the library.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bluetooth problem

I am using my samsung s7 tab but Teams does not connect my tablet with my bluetooth device so I can´t use them to listen to classes

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Defaults to teams tab and chats tab is buggy. Skips to teams abruptly

Teams android samsung app always defaults to teams tab despite navigating to it through notifications. It skips to teams before i finish reading the chat. Always have to switch between teams and chat before the chat tab opens and stays put

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams Calendar meeting menu design issue - Added tabs not visable

Teams Calendar meeting menu design issue - Added tabs not visable

When you create a meeting in teams you have the possibility to add new tabs. But the are not visable for the organizer neither for participants. Only when the meeting has been startet and chat with the first message initated and appear in Chat menu then you see the added tabs.

By Microsoft support it is a design issue because of the form/view of the calender app.

But would be great when users see added tabs because then you can use it for preparation of the meeting.

Nothing urgent…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. PowerBi App cant display map data as of 12/16

map data visualization fails to display in the teams powerbi tab.
    began on 12/16

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base