Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Self signed certificates not allowed in Teams tabs linked website

When using tab with linked website via https

If website uses self-signed certificate (e.g. internal sites) then this results in error in Teams: This site won't load in our desktop app

In browser is OK since you can tell system to trust the root CA used for self-signing. But Teams ignores this.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Creating a team using an existing team as a template no longer copies the tab set up options

I am using the Educational tenancy of Teams. We have created template style teams to encourage our users to copy when creating a new team to help create the same structure across all teams.

Previously, when we created a new team and select 'create team using an existing team as a template' and ensure channels and tabs are ticked, it copied over the tabs we had created within the channels and prompted the user to 'set up the tab'. Now however, the tabs are copied but with no functionality - the only available option is to delete the tab. This…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. SharePoint “New” options no longer working in Website tab

The associated SharePoint site’s “New” options no longer works when displayed through the Website tab option.

Steps to reproduce (tested on two tenants to confirm it’s not a local security issue).

Create a team
    Create a new library in the associated SharePoint site
    Add a new Website tab and point this at the new library
    Select the tab and in the SharePoint library go to the “New” dropdown.
    Select any option, i.e. Word document, nothing happens.

Go to the SharePoint library through a browser and repeat the library steps above works fine. I can create new documents within the library.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Defaults to teams tab and chats tab is buggy. Skips to teams abruptly

Teams android samsung app always defaults to teams tab despite navigating to it through notifications. It skips to teams before i finish reading the chat. Always have to switch between teams and chat before the chat tab opens and stays put

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Teams Calendar meeting menu design issue - Added tabs not visable

Teams Calendar meeting menu design issue - Added tabs not visable

When you create a meeting in teams you have the possibility to add new tabs. But the are not visable for the organizer neither for participants. Only when the meeting has been startet and chat with the first message initated and appear in Chat menu then you see the added tabs.

By Microsoft support it is a design issue because of the form/view of the calender app.

But would be great when users see added tabs because then you can use it for preparation of the meeting.

Nothing urgent…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. PowerBi App cant display map data as of 12/16

map data visualization fails to display in the teams powerbi tab.
    began on 12/16

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Yammer issue on Android app

Once navigated to the Yammer tab on the android app, the banner will be hidden. There is no way to navigate back to chat any more.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams Wiki tab mangles code blocks (braces/curly brackets)

Braces/curly brackets have zero-width spaces added every time the section is saved.

These extra characters are present in copied text, and they tend to break code copied from code blocks.

Additionally, since more zero-width spaces are accumulated each time the section is saved, they can become very annoying to backspace. {}

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Flashing screen

On samsaung tablet s4 the screen keeps flashing black when turning it on it will turn black screen until turning on the camera. this bug annoys me please fix it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. tasks

Tasks in Teams does not allow me to change or add new ToDo Tasks. It
    is pretty much nonfunctional in the current version:
    Changes to existing Tasks (only personal ones) don't get saved. New Tasks cannot be added. Deleting seems to work. Changes seem to go through for a moment, then they flash and disapear

Error is persistent in both Desktop and Web interface. Version Info: 1.3.00.34662 (64-Bit)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. While attending the class I'm not able to use another apps of my device it start happening from last 1 week?

While attending the class I'm not able to use another apps of my device it start happening from last 1 week?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Insights not accurately recording attendance in Teams meetings

As a teacher, using Microsoft Teams for all lessons, I have to record the student attendance in the lesson. Most of the time I remember to click to download the CSV file, but I am frequently so busy that I do forget. I thought Insights would solve this issue for me but it does not correctly record the students being in the lesson. I have several occurrences of the student being in the lesson, I can see them on the downloaded CSV attendance file, and yet Insights shows them with a red dot and a blank during that time period.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Bluetooth problem

I am using my samsung s7 tab but Teams does not connect my tablet with my bluetooth device so I can´t use them to listen to classes

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Planner - Failed to create plan

When I try to create a Planner tab I keep getting the message "Failed to create plan"

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Bug: Spell check & proofing tools do not work on App or personal tabs

An app that has been embedded as a personal tab doesn't work with Teams Spell Check engine.

The embedded page is just a simple textarea which doesn't seem to work with the in-built spell checker. This is not an issue in the web-based Teams, but does exist in Windows.

Have not tested OS X or Linux clients.

Including the JS SDK library does not help.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/platform/tabs/how-to/add-tab

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. categories not appear

I'm using Huawei mate 30 pro and teams app does not displaying tabs of categories

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. App in teams restarting when switching from app to chat and then back to app

We have created custom app for Teams.
    Problem is that if you switch from app to chat (or other parts of teams) and then return back to app it starts app again. Any work in progress is lost!!!
    Allow app to save current state or allow app to be opened in separate window.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Tabs/Extensibility  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base