Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information
Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cannot open Whiteboard app on iOS under proxy environment

unable to open Whiteboard app on iOS. Error received: We couldnt reach Microsoft services. Please confirm that youre online, or contact your admin for assistance.

Device is on corporate Wi-Fi and needs to use a proxy to access the internet. A packet capture from the device shows that the application is not using the proxy server configured and is attempting to reach the following IP addresses directly which is not possible on their network. 52.143.128.69 and 52.143.111.143.

Proxy is set via a Wi-Fi policy from MDM and all other web traffic uses this.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Background effects application is confusing

Background effects can be important for privacy. The current mechanism is: Choose a background, and then press "Apply and turn on video" button. I often make the mistake of choosing a background, and then turning on video with the video control (not the "Apply and and turn on video" button) and so not getting my chosen background. This is annoying at least; more importantly it can violate a privacy choice.

At the very least, the button should just be "Apply" (without "and turn on video"). Having different ways to turn on the video is confusing. This is a bug.

More…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. If I unmute myself in Teams and I'm also in a separate Zoom meeting, my Zoom meeting unmutes also

Training hosted by a 3rd party is most often held in Zoom, but I use Teams internally (so for everything I can). While I'm in Zoom meeting, and it breaks for coffee I'll mute my mic. Then I switch over to Teams to catch up with colleagues by chat or meeting. If I enter a Teams meeting and unmute my mic, my mic is ALSO unmuted in Zoom. That shouldn't happen. Is this a Teams bug or a Windows bug or? Someone needs to fix this to avoid a privacy breach.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Bug in Microsoft Teams Screen Sharing feature

Bug in Microsoft Screen Sharing feature while attending a meeting, allows everyone in the team to share the screen even when the host has opted for the invite-only option.

You can check the below file for the whole explanation of the bug

19 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When setting a channel to "Only owners can post messages" any non-owners can still reply to posts in that Channel.

When you configure "only owners can post messages" this should extend to replies as well, effectively making certain channels read only.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I can't change my profile picture.

We want to change the profile picture because it has bothered some of my teachers and they're asking to change it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow user to override Microsoft ip reputation data on application layer before Azure AD

Please review the following post https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/msteamstfb-msteamssignupin-msteams_subin/my-account-has-been-blocked-in-teams/ea98eb91-ac3c-4828-b40a-d420cd5356bc

Microsoft uses some third party low quality ip reputation provider (like MaxMind) and uses its data to block user on Azure AD layer (Malicious IP address https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/identity-protection/concept-identity-protection-risks). This absurd makes Microsoft Teams unusable from most popular providers like OVH, Hentzner, etc ip ranges (many ip addresses from their ranges persists in MaxMind fraud databases).

Please review Google and Amazon solutions: Microsoft can allow user to whitelist his ip addresses, so it won't be treated as suspicious on Microsoft layer (before Azure AD). Please don't try to response with "contact your Azure…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. User "Log off" keeps credentials stored, Security Problem with shared user accounts / devices

Using Teams with Android or desktop version on a public client like "meeting room computer", no personalized user account.
    After Teams log off (Options: log out) no password is asked, credentials are stored locally. If you can guess the username like firstname.lastname its easy to gain access to their data, when this person has used Teams on this public machine before.

This problem has been adressed a while ago, the known workarounds like deleting the local %user% app cache doesn´t work anymore.

Another option, disable client via azure admin is the wrong way.

The easiest solution would be an option…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Bug - Teams - Attendees have joined at meeting, but do not show up on the "In this meeting" list under Participants, after they joined.

Affected (Windows) version: Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.34662 (64-bit)

This has occurred on numerous clients for both internal (corporate) and external attendees not being displayed. Audio can be heard from the "invited attendees", even though they are not displayed in the "In this meeting" list.

Please fix ASAP, as this presents a huge issue with attendees joining the meeting without any indication or notification.

Thank you!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Owner could not access planner

Team owner could not access a plan shared to the team. Viewing plan via web address showed owner was not a member. Going to M365 admin centre and adding owner as a member to the active group resolved the issue. So the owner is in the active group as both an owner and a member.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Users hard deleted from AAD continue to appear in Teams user cache for up to 2 months after being deleted

Deleted users should definitely not be searchable within Teams after the account has been hard deleted from AAD. Ideally, all references of the account should be removed from future Team meeting invites and some sort of notification message should be displayed to alert colleagues that the user is no longer contactable via Teams as they have left the organisation.

Deleted users continuing to be visible in Teams gives the perception that those users still exist within the organisation. This causes confusion for end users and leads them to question whether users that have left the organisations have actually been off-boarding…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. اريد تغيير صورتي الشخصيه

تغير الصوره الشخصيه

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. How do I stop OTP request for my account?

I do not wish to be asked OPT for few of my accounts because it's a school account and only one parent can access OTP.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. teams sends hidden authentication request without asking user first

When working in some other app while having Teams opened in the background, Teams can suddenly initiate authentication attempt without any user action.
    For end user it looks like "please press accept in your authenticator app" window. Nor the window itself, not phone authenticator app, nor Teams shows who exactly initiated this request. It may be a remote attacker or some virus. Only after declining it you see, that Teams starts complaining about not being able to authenticate.

Expected behavior: if logging in requires approval from two-factor app, Teams shows notification about it to the user so that user would…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Microsoft Accounts Cannot Disconnect Deactivated Samsung Accounts

I would like to report a glitch that compromises the security of my Microsoft account by preventing me from disconnecting it from my old Samsung account. It is important to note that the Samsung account I am trying to disconnect is one I have permanently deactivated. Because of this issue now I am unable to link my new active Samsung account. It seems that Microsoft algorithms somehow do not recognize a deactivated Samsung account and therefore cannot disconnect it. This issue is affecting several other clients too who have been complaining about it on Microsoft Community. I have tried different…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I have found a bug in the screen sharing system where the user on the other side still can hear my sound after the screen share stops.

If you screen share a window, for example, a youtube video with sound, and then close down the window the user on the other side of the call can still hear the sounds from the previously closed window if I open it up again. I find this very concerning since it invades my privacy.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When the window is minimized, everyone can use the screen sharing function, and we can give the screen sharing privilege to other users.

I've written the reproduction procedure in the attachment. (In English)

I use a translation software because my English is not good enough.

English(英語)
    Summary
    I found a bug in Microsoft Teams' conferencing feature.

Even if our role in a Microsoft Teams meeting is "Attendee" we are still in the screen Sharing is possible. In addition, you can grant screen sharing permission to other users who are participating in the same meeting.
    Steps to Reproduce
    When an "attendee" minimizes the window during a Teams meeting, a simple window appears in the bottom right corner of the screen do. It's a normal…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Privacy/Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base