Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. If teams is minimized it shows me as away after 5/10 minutes

Teams shows me as away when the desktop app is minimized. I am still working but my team thinks I am away. Very annoying!

245 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

9 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. My status will not update from away to available unless I activate the teams window.

My teams status will update to away automatically, but I've noticed that after returning to the computer, the status remains "away" unless the teams window becomes the active window. Once I activate the teams window again, the status will reset automatically after a few seconds. However, this is not intuitive, if I have teams running in the background, it will show me as away even if I've been back and active on my computer for hours, and I won't even be aware.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. i am on the lastest teams version on my windows 10 the bug is whenever i see teh presenter list in ym meetings there is always one more like

i am on the lastest teams version on my windows 10 the bug is whenever i see teh presenter list in ym meetings there is always one more like if there are five presenters the number will be 6 it was not there earlier it just came this a few days ago.hope this gets resolved

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Incorrect status showing in Teams

Incorrect status showing in Teams. if user away also showing in meeting and sometimes available

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. User presence or status is unknown

User status on Teams unknown - Users presence is showing with WHITE DOTS meaning Unknown state. Need explanation or suggestion on how to retrieve active status of the person without logging out/in to the machine

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Teams screen sharing mouse pointer not visible from Linux client

When sharing the screen from a Windows client, the mouse pointer is visible, which allows the presenter to draw attention to particular things on screen.

When sharing the screen on Linux, the mouse pointer is not visible.

55 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Teams takes too much time in updating new profile pictures and remains stucked on the previous ones

Whenever I try to put up a new profile picture in Teams on my Android device^, it gets changed there but for some reason, the updated profile picture does not synchronise and show up on Teams web^^ and remains stuck on the previous profile picture changed from. Believing that it will change after some time and left it as it is. However, after 1 week of my updated profile picture, the web client^^ remained stuck on the previous one! This seemed ridiculous to me and I tried clearing the cache of the website and tried signing back in, and the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. There is no record for who remove you from meeting

There is no record for who remove you from meeting . we can show that remark in attention. So ,we can able to know who remove someone from meeting when

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. If teams is minimized it shows me as away after 5/10 minutes

Teams shows me as away when the desktop app is minimized. I am still working but my team thinks I am away. Very annoying!

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. presence detail missing in version 1.4.00.18264

In prior versions, you could hover and/or open the profile pane to see detailed presence. Like if the person is on a call vs just busy or in a meeting. Now, it is just the icon plus time since status change and no details.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Your biggest market opportunity is going to be displacing Zoom, WeChat, and recapturing all of the Skype users. Not having a Test mode (to

Your biggest market opportunity is going to be displacing Zoom, WeChat, and recapturing all of the Skype users. Not having a Test mode (to interact with a Bot, for example), is going to be a serious impediment for Windows 11 .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. MS teams, ithers status not showing properly

MS teams not showing others status properly. once i restarted the teams, then it shows correct. few min after again same issue occurs. please check and solve this issue.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Automatically change status

Can we have some schedule in teams (especially on mobile version) through which were can set our status to away or anything else
    For example I don't want to log off Teams from my mobile but after 6:00 I want it to show me as away unless I update it back to online or busy or any other status

Another thing is that we cannot reply on a specific chat from your windows application. This can be done thorough mobile application. Can this be introduced in windows app?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Status is not up-to-date

Some people are online but status shows Away; some people are actually offline but status shows Online; some people are online but if they don't actually open Teams window, status shows they are offline (means if they minimize, status shows offline). These kinds of situations happen a lot during our use.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Presence broken in 1.3.00.30866

Presence indicators are mostly not displaying. App has been restarted, cache cleared, it works for a while, but then stops working. Especially noticed when a guest in multiple orgs and switching between them.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Please bring back the full size Speed Dials pane

Please bring back the full size Speed Dials pane. This was like my "switchboard" giving my easy access to the people I contact most, allowing me to call, chat or just see their availability at a glance. A narrow pane off to the right simply doesn't provide enough of a view to allow all that. I understand it might not be everyone's preferred route, but if it was at least a configurable option, I'd choose that over call history taking up most of the available view as call history is of far less use to me.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Bug: Emojis are not showing properly, see attached file

Bug: Emojis are not showing properly, see attached file

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Can't see all participants

Starting last week, the view of who is attending changed and instead of being handy, all people listed on right, now you have to click to see more, which not only limits you to only the presenters or attendees, but doesn't show everyone - says 80+ more. USELESS!!! I need to be able to mute each person individually because I can't mute all becuase it mutes the speakers, so HOW DO I MUTE THE NOW HIDDEN PEOPLE. Please fix this immediately back to how it was!!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Outlook free/busy status not being observed

It doesn't matter whether my Outlook appointments are marked free or busy - Teams always sets my status as red 'In a meeting'.

Has anyone else seen this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base