Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Memory utilization for MS Teams

As all of us know, MS Teams uses an enormous amount of memory.

Time for Microsoft to solve the problem of very high memory utilization by MS Teams.

Microsoft: Please work on this issue with high priority. We cannot accept 2,3 and sometimes 4 GB RAM consumption by MS Teams.

108 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Excel freezes during screen-sharing session

I always share Screen instead of Excel app/file.  I've had to quit and re-open Excel spreadsheets too many times during screen-sharing sessions.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Virtual Cameras Gone with last update

I use a Sony A7R as my camera so that I can have full control of the images I'm presenting during meetings in Teams. With the last update, MS has taken away all virtual cameras. If I revert back to an earlier version of Teams they work perfectly....but within a short time Teams, auto-updates and the camera goes away. MS seems to take great features away with every update.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Recordings cannot be deleted from chat

Hi, when you record a meeting you cannot delete it from the chat. It is automatically deleted after 21 days but this is not enough.

The problem is that even if all students agree to be recorded and something happens during an online class and a student does not agree anymore for the recording to be available - the teacher cannot remove it.

best,
    Lara

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. MS Teams for Linux - Sharing screen not working anymore [BUG]

Hello
    since I have installed MS Teams latest version (1.3.00.16851), sharing screen is not working anymore.
    I can share only a black screen red-bordrered; visible only contextual menu on mouse right click.
    I had to downgrade to version 1.3.00.5153 and then sharing screen is restored.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Team Call Crashes Windows Audio Service - no sound

Since a windows update Driver update on Thursday 11th June, launching a Teams call crashes the Windows Audio Service and therefore sound does not work. Sound works fine in general - only crashes when launching a teams call via web OR client.

Workstation : Dell AIO Optiplex 5270
    New driver that crashes : Realtek Semiconductor Corp 6.0.8940.1

We support a number of schools and this issue is spreading like wildfire depending upon when the workstation picks up the update.

Repo steps : Using a workstation that uses this driver, run windows updates. Launch a team call.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Problem in profile photo changing

Profile photo changing doesn't work well. Everytime i want to change profile photo i have to change and put the same photo to profile for being sure or people see the previous photo🤦🏻‍♂️. Please fix it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Sharing screen problems - Presentation mode not working as intended MTR / SRS

The sharing screen with HDMI is not working as intended.

Static connected devices, such as ClickShare, Wepresent, Airtame, local PC, InstaShow, etc. will appear in sharing automatically when in a meeting call. But this won't "disconnect" or stop when the button to disable sharing is pressed. You have to physically disconnect the HDMI cable.

As for most of our customers, they have a device connected to HDMI at all times. All these MS Teams rooms now become close to useless due to these issues now. Users are frustrated, IT-support cases are growing in huge numbers due to this.

In case…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Teams uses too much resources.

Ms Teams is eating too much memory and cpu cycles

please focus on performance before adding features. On lower end and mid range devices the expericence is horrible. lots of our students complaint over this problem. on the same low end devices zoom works fine.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. microphone is too low on all dell 3400 series laptops.

fix the issue.. zoom and all others are fine

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. No Internet. Reconnect to keep the conversation going. Does not reconnect

Teams does not auto reconnect if connection interrupted. I do not notice a loss of internet on any other app but for some reason Teams regularly loses connection and in chat displays message " No Internet. Reconnect to keep the conversation going." This does not correct itself if shut Teams and reopen the only way to clear the bug is to completely log off and back on again.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Microphone volume gets progressively louder

Since the last update, I am now on 1.300.19565 (64 bit), Teams is increasing my microphone volume to the point where I am blowing out everyones ear drums. I checked the Windows properties microphone level and I can watch is climb to 100 and stay there. Even with exclusive mode unchecked. Teams is not respecting Windows settings.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Screen-sharing crashes when Surface Pen is used in OneNote while screen/app window is shared in Teams. I'm using a Surface Pro 7 (i5/256/8)

Make screen sharing stable when an external monitor is used, especially when using the Surface Pen on the Surface Pro 7 while using Teams and OneNote. These screen-sharing crashes just have a big negative impact on virtual classroom productivity. If everything worked as expected/intended, the features available to the Surface Pro ecosystem (Pen, Wireless Display Adapter, Office 365 apps) would be much better utilized.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Battery drains quickly

I observed it a alot of times, my mobile battery drains very quickly.
    My Mobile's battery is 100 % charged then when we use to join the class after 15 min my battery drains to 92% it drains, so quickly we even don't no about & it also uses a lot of storage in my mobile.
    Fact is my mobile is brand new. I just purchased it a 2months ago & then also its draining fast
    & It only happens when i uses Microsoft Team only. I also updated the app to the latest version.
    This problem is faced by…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. battery

Teams for the Mac uses a ridiculous amount of processor power in any video meeting. On my iPad I it takes roughly 10% of the battery for a 1-hour video meeting. On either of my MacBooks (one a Pro, the other an Air) it runs the whole battery down in just one hour. The battery life on these machines is about four times as long when using Zoom instead.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. NDI feeds disappeared from Live Events when you added the Broadcast over NDI menu to Teams - 9Nov20

This is across PC and Mac platforms. Please fix as we have come to heavily rely on this functionality.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Window / Screen sharing does not refresh and gets stuck

When you start a call/meeting with somebody and you share a window (so not the entire screen but just one part, like an opened Word file), then close this file and open a different Word file, and want to share that one instead, you can't.
    You still see a button for sharing the Word window, only it is the window of the previous file you have now closed.
    So, Teams does not seem to 'refresh' the screen/window sharing.

This means that everytime you want to share a different document, you need to end the call and then call again to…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Connectivity issues

Even though there is good internet connection,it shows reconnecting or poor network quality

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams performance is not good enough

Both desktop and mobile version team, had slowed my device performance, and lots lag

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base