Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information
Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Window / Screen sharing does not refresh and gets stuck

When you start a call/meeting with somebody and you share a window (so not the entire screen but just one part, like an opened Word file), then close this file and open a different Word file, and want to share that one instead, you can't.
    You still see a button for sharing the Word window, only it is the window of the previous file you have now closed.
    So, Teams does not seem to 'refresh' the screen/window sharing.

This means that everytime you want to share a different document, you need to end the call and then call again to…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Excel freezes during screen-sharing session

I always share Screen instead of Excel app/file.  I've had to quit and re-open Excel spreadsheets too many times during screen-sharing sessions.

69 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Teams drains Mac battery

Teams is draining my Mac battery. I have a new computer this year. Never an issue with any other program. I am using the cord it came with. After a 45 minute Teams meeting I am down from 100% to 77%. For comparison, a one hour Zoom meeting the battery went from 100% to 99%. This is completely unacceptable. I spend half of my day on video calls. Please fix it!

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Scheduled assignments not released after DST change

A number of teachers had scheduled assignments set-up from January and February that were due to be posted/released this week. We just returned from a school (Spring) break during which clocks shifted forward to Daylight Savings Time (DST). Any assignments that were scheduled before the time change are now no longer posting automatically to the Class Team. Teachers then need to go in manually, remove the scheduled date/time and post now. This is a frustrating process when teachers spent the time to schedule the assignments in the first place. The research I have done on this issue seems to suggest…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. App is not responding. When opened it gets stuck on the teams logo.

Whenever the chat section is opened teams stop working. Sometimes even not able to open the app. This is making my device also work slower .kindly fix the problem as soon as possible

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Recordings cannot be deleted from chat

Hi, when you record a meeting you cannot delete it from the chat. It is automatically deleted after 21 days but this is not enough.

The problem is that even if all students agree to be recorded and something happens during an online class and a student does not agree anymore for the recording to be available - the teacher cannot remove it.

best,
    Lara

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Virtual Cameras Gone with last update

I use a Sony A7R as my camera so that I can have full control of the images I'm presenting during meetings in Teams. With the last update, MS has taken away all virtual cameras. If I revert back to an earlier version of Teams they work perfectly....but within a short time Teams, auto-updates and the camera goes away. MS seems to take great features away with every update.

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Switch from one chat to another freezes Teams

When you switch from one chat to another, you cannot start entering new message for ~15 seconds (at least), after that it unfreezes for few seconds (you obviously start texting) - Teams freezes again and you need to wait again for ~15 seconds.
    If you have typed multiple messages, they will be concatenated into one - instead of New line/ Enter they will be words without ' ' space
    If you have switched language during typing - it will be switched for whole message even if you have entered only one word (or symbol), and most probably corrupt whole message.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Planner task scrolls to the top

Hi!

Imagine you have a task in Planner with long NOTES section or a lot of COMMENTS so you have to scroll down to see content in lower positions.

You scroll down and want to select something and copy paste it elsewhere. You click in the middle of NOTES section and WHOA! You are back on the very top! You try it again. It works this time. You select it, copy it and paste it to a different window. Now you go back to Planner window and try to select the next line. You click there and WHOA! You are…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I download and install the new version of Teams and it breaks to the point of being unusable

Teams is blown up to the point where everything is hugely zoomed in and clearly something with the code is broken too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Linux client suddenly stopped working for VC links 2021.03.07 (approx)

I have been using Teams without problems using the Linux client Microsoft Teams Version 1.4.00.4855 (64-bit).

I am on Linux Mint 20.1 (ie Ubuntu 20.04 base)

After an update to Teams using the system updater a few days ago, now none of the VC links work at all. I cannot access them using the Teams client or in the web app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. There is no way to know if people are hearing you.

Deficiency: need to monitor or have an indicator of others hearing you.

Is the only way to monitor one self's audio is to phone in and join the meeting as another participant?

I am sick and tired of presenting something, only to be told by hand signals that I am breaking up.

There should be a way to add your own audio, after passing or looping through the cloud or whatever, to the meeting audio that you hear. I know it would be confusing because of delay (unlike sidetone from your headset), but it would be helpful at times.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. I am on mobile Teams and there is a bug.

Whenever I restart Microsoft Teams on mobile, I will have to wait about fourty-five seconds to a minute waiting on the loading screen. After that long wait, my Android tablet will notify me that it is not responding. I would select "Close App" and soon it will load normally. But this happens randomly and especially during school hours and it closes out of my class meeting. Please fix this bug along with the lag with the new mobile update that came out two weeks ago.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Microphone on, but nobody can hear me

Since new update (ios to 14.5 and teams) in meeting nobody can hear me. If i call only one person, than there is no problem.
    Im working on ipad.
    Restarting app, ipad, new Installation of teams didnt helped

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Carplay Crashing

Incoming calls are causing the CarPlay app to crash. When a Teams call comes in the infotainment screen shuts off and does not allow me to answer the call. I am driving a 2020 Nissan Rogue. This is an ongoing issue. The phones that I'm having he issues with are a iphone 8 and a brand new iphone XR. Both of the phones are fully updated and when I checked at Nissan there we no updates available for the vehicle. Checking online this is a well know issue that hasn't been addressed by Microsoft and has been ongoing for months.…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Screen-sharing crashes when Surface Pen is used in OneNote while screen/app window is shared in Teams. I'm using a Surface Pro 7 (i5/256/8)

Make screen sharing stable when an external monitor is used, especially when using the Surface Pen on the Surface Pro 7 while using Teams and OneNote. These screen-sharing crashes just have a big negative impact on virtual classroom productivity. If everything worked as expected/intended, the features available to the Surface Pro ecosystem (Pen, Wireless Display Adapter, Office 365 apps) would be much better utilized.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Transfer

When transferring calls to another user on the iOS app, when you click transfer it doesn’t actually transfer the call and you remain on the phone to the person you are trying to transfer it too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. why is it keep on logout.. when ever i receive call

when ever i receive call in mobile apps logout.. but call will keep on ringing but not allowing to accept or reject.. untill i relogin same will happen.. please fix this issue.. alrdy irritated with teams all time with lots of issues.. better you can stop teams get skype back to place.. we are happy with that

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base