Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. teams doesn't close

When you UNCHECK the setting "On close, keep the application open" it appears the Teams.exe process does not properly exit. The application disappears, but the tray icon is still present.

The core of the issue is when you click the Teams icon on the taskbar again to open the application it doesn't open. The only way to get the application to open is to right-click on the tray icon and select quit.

I have confirmed the behavior is present on several different PCs.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Severe performance issues using Teams on a MacBook Pro 2019 with external display

I was going nuts 2 weeks ago since my Teams started hogging the CPU, causing the fans the spin to the max and Teams started to flicker and my webcam started lagging on my MBP 2019 with Core i9!

I already tried to resolve it by disabling GPU support, deleting Teams, cleaning cache and removing all Teams folder/files and did not resolve the issue.
    So as a last resort completely wiped my macOS and reinstalled Big Sur, cleaned the fans and guess what? The same issues started to re-appear: High CPU load, slow response and lagging video.
    Also tried disabling…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Window / Screen sharing does not refresh and gets stuck

When you start a call/meeting with somebody and you share a window (so not the entire screen but just one part, like an opened Word file), then close this file and open a different Word file, and want to share that one instead, you can't.
    You still see a button for sharing the Word window, only it is the window of the previous file you have now closed.
    So, Teams does not seem to 'refresh' the screen/window sharing.

This means that everytime you want to share a different document, you need to end the call and then call again to…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Excel freezes during screen-sharing session

I always share Screen instead of Excel app/file.  I've had to quit and re-open Excel spreadsheets too many times during screen-sharing sessions.

76 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams drains Mac battery

Teams is draining my Mac battery. I have a new computer this year. Never an issue with any other program. I am using the cord it came with. After a 45 minute Teams meeting I am down from 100% to 77%. For comparison, a one hour Zoom meeting the battery went from 100% to 99%. This is completely unacceptable. I spend half of my day on video calls. Please fix it!

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Video freezing

Since the latest update, video calls are now freezing intermittently. Each freezes lasts approximately 2-3 seconds. It happens every 2-3 mins.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Camera in Teams use 100% CPU when running external monitors - Teams unusable!

Brand new Surface Book 3 consumes 100% CPU when running Teams and external monitors. This means Teams is not usable.
    This is a critical issue - I have a flagship laptop that cannot use external monitors and teams at the same time. Honestly it is embarrassing. Please priorities to fix this.
    Happy to help if you need, extremely easy to reproduce.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Reading Progress

When using the Reading Progress with large documents, the content is cut-off at about 700 words. Students then need to exit the Reading Progress, then go back into it for it to display correctly.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Scheduled assignments not released after DST change

A number of teachers had scheduled assignments set-up from January and February that were due to be posted/released this week. We just returned from a school (Spring) break during which clocks shifted forward to Daylight Savings Time (DST). Any assignments that were scheduled before the time change are now no longer posting automatically to the Class Team. Teachers then need to go in manually, remove the scheduled date/time and post now. This is a frustrating process when teachers spent the time to schedule the assignments in the first place. The research I have done on this issue seems to suggest…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. I got hang of the meeting when someone showed me the power point

I got hang of the meeting when someone showed me the power point

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. headspace

I love headspace and already listen to their focus music, but the music in the Insight tab needs to keep playing if you switch over to chats or any other tab. Right now, it only plays if it's taking up that space, which works for a meditation, but not for background music.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. App is not responding. When opened it gets stuck on the teams logo.

Whenever the chat section is opened teams stop working. Sometimes even not able to open the app. This is making my device also work slower .kindly fix the problem as soon as possible

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Changing status on iPhone doesn’t update status in laptop app

When I use the iPhone app, I cannot see other user’s status correctly updates as in my laptop. Also, when I change my status in my iPhone app, it does not update in the laptop app. Not being able to see other user’s status in my phone makes it hard to know when other coworkers are available to talk and vice versa.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Recordings cannot be deleted from chat

Hi, when you record a meeting you cannot delete it from the chat. It is automatically deleted after 21 days but this is not enough.

The problem is that even if all students agree to be recorded and something happens during an online class and a student does not agree anymore for the recording to be available - the teacher cannot remove it.

best,
    Lara

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Lento e bugando muito

Notificações muito lentas no Android. Bugs frequentes, forçando-me a reiniciar a aplicação.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Slow and bugging a lot

So slow notifications. Frequent bugs, forcing me to restart the application.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teams machine wide installer STILL requires update when I just d/l it

For a shared computer obviously the machine wide installer is in use. What is a current pain is that I had to reinstall on a shared pc (conference room) and while teams "runs" after installing the user STILL has to go through another long "update" process.

I have to walk these users through the update so this is certainly not ideal. Why can't the machine wide installer include the current update.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. In Microsoft Form

In Microsoft form there is issue/bug, i.e after uploading a file in Microsoft Form we are unable to recheck it, there is only option called delete.. So help with this out...
    Thank You

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Microphone shows turned on after receiving call

If I receive a voice call while I am in a teams meeting. So meeting turns to hold .As soon as I end that voice call and resume the meeting,the icon of microphone shows turned on(though it is turned off) we have to tap on it twice to get it into normal .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Microphone shows turned on after receiving call

If I receive a voice call while I am in a teams meeting. So meeting turns to hold .As soon as I end that voice call and resume the meeting,the icon of microphone shows turned on(though it is turned off) we have to tap on it twice to get it into normal .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base