Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notifications are not coming to the front

I'm using Teams Windows desktop client.
    Since a few Weeks ago there is an old problem from spring 2020 in the notifications. If another application is set maximized, the notifications for new messages or incoming calls notification are not appearing on top. Without my speakers i wouldn't recognize an incoming call. I'm working remote via Windows RDP and face this problem every day -_-

And I am not the only affected user...there are currently houndreds of affected user - look in the comments of the old bug reports:

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/908686-bug-reports/suggestions/35076475-notifications-are-not-coming

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/35681143-incoming-call-notification-dialog-not-always-app

Please solve it asap! Thanks!

97 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

23 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sometime tagging mention has not receive notification

It seems some bugs. When user mentioned by tag that sometime it has not receive notification.But its not anytime happens. just sometime

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Missing notification about multiple teams organizations

I am a member of several teams organizations. Once in my own organization and then in various customer organizations as a guest. Unfortunately, since a few weeks, I no longer receive notifications from the other organizations for new messages if I am not directly in that organization (i.e. the small 1 on a red background does not appear). So now I have to go into each organization separately to see if there are any new notifications in that team. An email notification about missed messages is a nice idea, but is not helpful at all in our environment where we…

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Big Sur's new control center shows the Teams call notification sound when receiving a call.

Big Sur's new control center shows the Teams call notification sound when receiving a call. After the call is over, if I hit the play button on my keyboard to resume whatever I had playing before in Music.app or Podcasts.app, it starts playing the Teams call notification sound instead.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Disabling Call notifications on iOS / app 2.4.1 doesn't work

Per the Jan 2021 (2.4.1 build 1.077.2021022304) update, I still receive Teams calls and call notifications on my iOS devices. I have tried reinstalling the app and logging out and back in, yet the bug is still present.

There are multiple Reddit threads about this, all without solutions and all confirming this behavior since the january update.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Linux: Teams is ready bug

Whenever I get a notification of Microsoft Linux and I'm not in that desktop, I get ubuntu notifications that say "Teams is ready", instead of something like "Adrian replied to your message.". I use Ubuntu 20.04 LTS

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Notifications to phone despite actively using desktop app

It is annoying to get mobile notifications on phone for new messages when actively using the desktop app.

When desktop app is active, I do not want to receive notifications to my mobile app in addition to the notifications I see on the desktop app.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Calling & IM window no longer displays if something is full screen.

When a user is doing something in full screen, ie using RDP, Citrix or watching a video, the call dialog does not display over it. So they are unable to answer the call.

If you minimize the full-screen window (for example minimize Citrix), the call window is still hidden and there is no way to answer the call.

This happens for almost all of our 400 users running Windows 10 on a variety of laptops makes models, screen sizes etc.

Many thanks

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Notifications are stale.

When I get a new message on pc, it takes minutes for the phone notification to appear. And usually by that point I have already responded. Notification sticks around well after I've responded.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams Bug - When tenant admin deletes a user, a notification is displayed that the team owner deleted the user. This is not correct.

When a tenant admin removes a user from Office365, the user is also removed from all groups obviously. This triggers a notification in Teams saying that the user has been removed from the team. The notification wrongly says that the team owner (or one of the team owners) deleted the user from the team. This is not correct, and causes the team owners to think that their account has been compromised.
    A better way to handle this event is just a simple email to the team owners, or at least an option to disable said notifications. In any case, if…

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Purple rectangle at bottom right of screen cannot be removed

Needs to be fixed. I have had to uninstall MS Teams as the only way I could find to remove it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Synching is not proper

Synching is not proper. If I have already opened pings or mails it should be removed from notification

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. (noreply@email.teams.microsoft) Teams email notifications quarantined as phish

We use both Teams and Outlook/Exchange. Some email notifications from Teams (e.g. when message is posted in a Channel) get quarantined due to phishing suspicion.

These are emails sent by noreply@email.teams.microsoft.com.

I checked our Anti-phishing policy (from Security & Compliance dashboard) and I can't see anything that would cause Teams notification to be quarantined.

It is increasing Spam Confidence Level 5 and blocking almost 100 emails a day

As this is Microsoft email address technically there is no need to add in Safe sender list

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Is there any feature in Microsoft Viva to notify Teams users

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/66855147/is-there-any-feature-in-microsoft-viva-to-notify-teams-users

Is there any feature in Viva to notify Teams users on Announcements or any other feature like posting important messages to Teams users.

Is there feature to send one notifications to Teams users using Microsoft Viva ?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Call notification issue on IOS

IOS Application issue. Regardless of the call notification settings in the Teams application calls come through.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow me to turn off notification that I've started a meeting

tl;dr I understand the value of the feature that notifies people when anyone starts a call, but I'd love the ability to selectively turn it off, as an accessibility accommodation.

Scenario: I have ADHD, and frequently get so hyper-focused on a specific task that I don't realise I'm late to join a meeting (despite any notifications or alerts) especially if I'm trying to wrap up something specific before a scheduled meeting. However I don't like joining meetings too early because it sometimes confuses others into thinking they're late, or that they need to join early to accommodate me, which is…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. show missed calls that came through a call queue

There is no way to report missed calls that came through a the call queue. It would be helpful if the call history of the call queues could be displayed.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. some channels notifications can't be managed

Some channels give the option to manage notifications, and others do not. I am not able to figure out why some channels do not let me manage my notifications. There are teams with some channels that I need to pay attention to, and many channels that are just noise. Notifications for all teams, for all channels, should be able to be silenced.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 17 18
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base