Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Turn off incoming video option missing

The option to turn off incoming video has now been removed. This is a really important feature for people with learning difficulties as the video can distract.

Why do MS keep making these changes that have an adverse effects on users with specific needs?

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

17 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cannot add Teams meeting to a single occurrence of a series

Hello,
    We have a new issue - when a Delegate tries to convert a single occurrence in a series to a Teams meeting she gets a message telling her she must convert the entire series to a Teams meeting. (""This is one appointment in a series. To make it an online meeting, open the meeting series and try again.")

She does not want to change the entire series to a Teams meeting.

She states that she was able to do this until about a week ago. When opening a recurring meeting, she would get prompted and choose the single occurrence…

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Participants list is disappearing

When in a Teams meeting, teachers are reporting their participants list is disappearing. Uninstalling and reinstalling Teams seems to fix it for about 15 minutes and then it happens again. It appears Teams ran an update and ever since then they have been unable to see the full participants list. The names just disappear once they are hovered over. Version: 1.4.00.4167 (64-bit) happening to multiple teachers using Teams Desktop App on HP Windows 10 machines.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. By using Office 2016, the link to the webinar doesn't appear in the Outlook invitation.

When I receive the confirmation subscription to the webinar by e-mail, I also receive an ICS that I have the possibility to save in my Outlook calendar.

The invitation is booked in my calendar, but no link appear in the Outlook meeting (and also not into the Teams calendar), so it's not possible to join the webinar.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Gmail calendar invites not coming through

From https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/microsoft-teams-invites-not-showing-up-in-gmail/m-p/1726329/highlight/false#M73675 - I was able to replicate this issue. Sent a Teams invite to a Gmail address, and the calendar item was not received

56 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. alow more than one person to manage a breakout rooms

Hi

There is no possibility to manage or even change a room by another person than meeting organizer.

When two people lead some class they want to change rooms on their own and check the participants' progress. Now it is impossible.

It would be nice if the owner can share privileges to manage rooms with another person.

Another solution is to give the possibility to go to another room to everyone by default.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Unable to switch focus to video feeds when participant is sharing content

In previous versions of Teams, if a participant is sharing their screen you could double-click on a video feed to bring meeting participant videos into focus instead of the presented content. A recent update reverted this behavior (I'm on Teams Version 1.4.00.11161 (32-bit) on Win 10).

This is a step backwards. Being able to switch between the presented content and the video feeds is very useful. I think the default of showing the presented content is fine but we should still have the option to focus on video feeds.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams steals focus during meeting causing security risk!

During a meeting, if a meeting participant turns on their camera or begins sharing their screen and I am in another program, the MS Teams meeting window will steal focus from whatever program I'm currently working in.

It only seems to happen when someone presents (or stops presenting) or shares their camera (or stops sharing camera). Notifications or chats within the meeting don't seem to do this.

Sometimes the bug will also perform a "click" function and toggle on/off whatever the last object I toggled. For example, say I muted myself and then switched to a Chrome browser, when this…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Can't join a meeting: stuck on "Connecting..." screen

Sometimes I can't connect to a meeting. It's just stuck on "Connecting..." screen and never lets me in. I have to restart Teams app several times before I finally can join. I noticed that when Teams doesn't say that there're several people already in (and I know for fact several people have already joined), then I'll definitely have hard time connecting. I'm using the Teams application on Windows. I experienced this issue with meetings created in Outlook by someone else (I wasn't the meeting organizer).

299 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

50 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Can't share new app window that is opened after a meeting has started

While you are in a meeting, you can share a single application window, but only if that application was opened prior to the meeting starting. If you are already in a meeting & then open an application (say a Word document), that window still does not show as a sharable choice in the screen-sharing options.

Users expect to be able to open a Word document (ppt, xls, etc) after the meeting has started & be able to share just that window without having to share that whole screen.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Linux Client 1.4.00.4855: Meeting-URLS broken

In the latest version, meeting-urls don't work anymore.

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Calender information is not refrected immediately on Collaboration bar (MRT on Android).

Calendar information is not refracted immediately on Collaboration bar (MTR on Android).

When I create Teams conference and invite collaboration bar, invited conference is not showing on the screen immediately even if the scheduled conference started now. It may takes about 3 min to show invited conference.

MRT on Windows will be reflected immediately, so Collaboration bar also should be.

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Browser minimizes when someone starts screen sharing in a meeting

I have a multi-monitor set-up, and today I noticed the following started happening:
    Monitor 1 - Meeting is open full screen
    Monitor 2 - Teams app is open full screen
    Monitor 3 - Chrome is open full screen

I am working on something in the browser on monitor 3 when someone starts a screenshare on monitor 1 and my browser suddenly minimizes. Alternatively, if I'm on monitor 2 and a screen share starts on monitor 1, then the focus is moved (Teams doesn't minimize).

This is obviously annoying as a user, but it's also disruptive since I can be in…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. After IOS 14 no call controls on the locked screen

Before upgrading to iOS 14, 3rd party apps like Teams would show call controls like mute, hang up etc, on the Lock Screen, while in a call. I cant´find it anymore. This is very inconvenient!

Apple created a new API for the collapsed call interface that will let developers incorporate the feature into third-party VOIP apps.

Can you please fix this!

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Attendance report file overwritten thus losing actual report

Teams meeting is offering attendance report after the meeting is over. That's great but there is issue.
    If I forget to download attendance from channel chat screen and someone else in channel started meeting again. All previously generated reports are also over-written/changing with the presence of single attendee.
    It would be great is we have separate meeting attendance for start of meeting and ending once ended by organizer.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teams Live Events - Red Border around live Presenter disappeared

After the recent update, Presenters are unable to see the red border around their screens. In some cases, other presenters can see the red border around that presenters video.

To note: The producer can see the red border around the chosen presenters video stream as usual. Please advise.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. download full attendee report

For large meetings over 300+ attendees, currently only a partial list can be downloaded by the organizer. We need users to have the ability to download the FULL attendee report during and after a meeting. Prior to the large meeting improvement, even smaller meetings under 300 attendees listed ALL attendees, now it's just another half-baked feature.

As IT admins, it's a poor use of time to dedicate an FTE to download the full attendee list from the TAC. Not sure if this is a bug or the actual design since the MS article did mention only a partial list can…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. canceled meetings still elicit notifications from teams

You still get 15 min, 5 min, join now notifications when meeting has been canceled and even no longer shows on teams calendar

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Audio in powerpoint live is playing on system audio

When sharing a ppt with audio over Powerpoint Live the audio is played on the participants system audio device, not the selected speaker/audio device in teams. This casuses confusion as that device could be muted

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base