Bug Reports

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about potential bugs within Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cannot add Teams meeting to a single occurrence of a series

Hello,
    We have a new issue - when a Delegate tries to convert a single occurrence in a series to a Teams meeting she gets a message telling her she must convert the entire series to a Teams meeting. (""This is one appointment in a series. To make it an online meeting, open the meeting series and try again.")

She does not want to change the entire series to a Teams meeting.

She states that she was able to do this until about a week ago. When opening a recurring meeting, she would get prompted and choose the single occurrence…

149 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Gmail calendar invites not coming through

From https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/microsoft-teams-invites-not-showing-up-in-gmail/m-p/1726329/highlight/false#M73675 - I was able to replicate this issue. Sent a Teams invite to a Gmail address, and the calendar item was not received

47 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can't join a meeting: stuck on "Connecting..." screen

Sometimes I can't connect to a meeting. It's just stuck on "Connecting..." screen and never lets me in. I have to restart Teams app several times before I finally can join. I noticed that when Teams doesn't say that there're several people already in (and I know for fact several people have already joined), then I'll definitely have hard time connecting. I'm using the Teams application on Windows. I experienced this issue with meetings created in Outlook by someone else (I wasn't the meeting organizer).

281 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Participants list is disappearing

When in a Teams meeting, teachers are reporting their participants list is disappearing. Uninstalling and reinstalling Teams seems to fix it for about 15 minutes and then it happens again. It appears Teams ran an update and ever since then they have been unable to see the full participants list. The names just disappear once they are hovered over. Version: 1.4.00.4167 (64-bit) happening to multiple teachers using Teams Desktop App on HP Windows 10 machines.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Can't share new app window that is opened after a meeting has started

While you are in a meeting, you can share a single application window, but only if that application was opened prior to the meeting starting. If you are already in a meeting & then open an application (say a Word document), that window still does not show as a sharable choice in the screen-sharing options.

Users expect to be able to open a Word document (ppt, xls, etc) after the meeting has started & be able to share just that window without having to share that whole screen.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. alow more than one person to manage a breakout rooms

Hi

There is no possibility to manage or even change a room by another person than meeting organizer.

When two people lead some class they want to change rooms on their own and check the participants' progress. Now it is impossible.

It would be nice if the owner can share privileges to manage rooms with another person.

Another solution is to give the possibility to go to another room to everyone by default.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Calender information is not refrected immediately on Collaboration bar (MRT on Android).

Calendar information is not refracted immediately on Collaboration bar (MTR on Android).

When I create Teams conference and invite collaboration bar, invited conference is not showing on the screen immediately even if the scheduled conference started now. It may takes about 3 min to show invited conference.

MRT on Windows will be reflected immediately, so Collaboration bar also should be.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. After IOS 14 no call controls on the locked screen

Before upgrading to iOS 14, 3rd party apps like Teams would show call controls like mute, hang up etc, on the Lock Screen, while in a call. I cant´find it anymore. This is very inconvenient!

Apple created a new API for the collapsed call interface that will let developers incorporate the feature into third-party VOIP apps.

Can you please fix this!

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Browser minimizes when someone starts screen sharing in a meeting

I have a multi-monitor set-up, and today I noticed the following started happening:
    Monitor 1 - Meeting is open full screen
    Monitor 2 - Teams app is open full screen
    Monitor 3 - Chrome is open full screen

I am working on something in the browser on monitor 3 when someone starts a screenshare on monitor 1 and my browser suddenly minimizes. Alternatively, if I'm on monitor 2 and a screen share starts on monitor 1, then the focus is moved (Teams doesn't minimize).

This is obviously annoying as a user, but it's also disruptive since I can be in…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Linux Client 1.4.00.4855: Meeting-URLS broken

In the latest version, meeting-urls don't work anymore.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. When users click to Start recording during a meeting, the recording disclaimer doesn't appear immediately

When users click to Start recording during a meeting, the recording disclaimer doesn't appear immediately. As a result of this behavior, people attending a meeting do not know if the recording has actually started when they start the recording or if they need to wait. We have had users in our organization ask about this and in some cases, users have mistakenly started presenting too soon to later find out that their voice was cut off at the start of the meeting.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Dial in attendees lose audio when joining a breakout room

I am using the private preview for Virtual Breakout rooms in Teams and someone on the Microsoft answers thought this might be a bug and asked me to let you know. I have been doing some test meetings to explore the new functionality for breakout rooms and one thing I have noticed is that if a user dials in on their phone for the audio portion of the meeting, they lose audio when moved to a breakout room

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Turn off incoming video option missing

The option to turn off incoming video has now been removed. This is a really important feature for people with learning difficulties as the video can distract.

Why do MS keep making these changes that have an adverse effects on users with specific needs?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to share a PowerPoint stored in a team/channel is missing in new meeting experience

The ability to share a PowerPoint that's stored in a team/channel is missing in the new meeting experience. The new meeting experience only shows the ability to upload or to select from OneDrive. This is a major problem for our users who use that feature often.

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams Channel Meetings invitations only send to (external) guest users

Recently I'm facing an issue with the scheduling of Teams-Meetings within Teams Channels. When a Team Member schedules a Meeting from a Channel all the (external) guest users receive an invitation in Outlook for their Calander, but none of the (internal) members receive one. So the meeting is only visible in the Calander of guest users and not in the Calander of my collegues.

This worked without any problems before. I tried with multiple O365 Tenants and both the installed desktop client and Teams webclient.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Attendees are able to share screen even when it is disabled

When we are attending our online classes on teams ,organizers has disabled screen-sharing for attendees but we can do it just by minimizing our screen and it will show the option to share our screen. And there is another thing when an organizer is screen sharing and another person/attendee starts it by using the bug ,it sometimes stops sharing screen but still shows to the organizer that his/her screen is sharing.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove dial-in phone ringing in Microsoft Teams when joining a call

This used to not be the case - but in a recent update when I call into meetings there is a ringing in the meeting prior to me joining. This is very distracting to the meeting and deters me from using the call-in feature. Please remove this ringing.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Shortlink / ID for Meetings

Link for joining a meeting are long and contains special chracters.
    This create conflicts with some anti-spam filter or even worse some calendar Apps.

It is also hard :
    - Quickly give a meeting ID to the end-user
    - Quickly check if the link is broken or not
    - Quickly get to work rather than diagnosing connection problem

Solution Suggested:
    - Allow Admin to turn on "Short link" or "Human-readeable Meeting ID"

This will provide :
    - Short-links for every meeting rather than the long one
    - Generated automatically

Another improvement would be
    - ID as list of numbers /…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Manage calendar updates the same as Outlook online

When changes are made to a meeting invite from within the Teams calendar - e.g. adding a new attendee - an update is sent to ALL attendees. The expected behaviour is that the update logic used by Outlook Online is used as per the article below - https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/3197165/send-updates-options-for-attendees-are-not-displayed-in-outlook-on-the

54 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Meetings/Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bug on searching users with mutated vowel in their name (ü) in Teams Calendar on user invite

When you try to search&invite users with mutated vowel ü in the "create new meeting" dialog in Teams Calendar it will auto-submit the search and pick the first search result (which might be the wrong user).

Typing a mutated vowel behaves the same as pressing ENTER.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Open Teams Calendar
    2. Create a new Meeting
    3. Type the name of a user with a mutated vowel in their name (ü)

Workaround: type ue instead of ü

Bug found in: 1.3.00.34662

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base