Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Guest access to Teams with MFA produces CAA60007 JSON error

Our tenant requires MFA, even for Guests invited to Teams and Azure.
    The guest registers and approves the sign-in on the phone, and then gets a question if I want "my organization to manage my device".
    If the user click anything except "No, I only want to login to this app", there is an error message thrown back saying there was a JSON syntax error with error code CAA60007. This error should be better managed in the B2B API.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A lot of burocracy

Teams is not user-friendly at all when compared to others meeting platforms! A lot of burocracy, specially the assignment process. By the way, the whole platform is highly complex. Looks like a chess master designed it for another being, not human, maybe for some kind of 20th century robot that miss a lot Windows3.1. Microsoft should change your name for Puzzlesoft, Micropuzzle, Puzzlehard, etc... something really hard to deal with it. If one is asking why my comment is in this section is cause Teams bugs my mind. Want an example? Look at this terrible box to write!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Live Event allowing external presenters in to event group with attendee link when 'allow external presenters' turned on

in a Live Event this morning, externals with the Teams app were coming in to the lobby of our event group as 'allow external presenters' was turned on, even though they received the attendee link it was obviously not differentiating?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Guest user gets error when trying to access Company MS Teams app, but App works for him

1 We installed our custom MS Teams app “Workplace” globally via Teams admin dashboard and policy
    2 Guest user can’t see them in Desktop & Web client, but can see in Mobile:
    https://devlanfear.blob.core.windows.net/images/Screen-Shot-2021-04-21-17-04-46.55.png
    https://devlanfear.blob.core.windows.net/images/Screen-Shot-2021-04-21-17-05-06.38.png

3 If trying to access app via link (https://teams.microsoft.com/l/entity/36eecfac-3fc1-4f97-a972-04fd68c92502/{app_slug}):
    3.1 User gets error: https://devlanfear.blob.core.windows.net/images/Screen-Shot-2021-04-21-14-39-59.54.png
    3.2 But then he can access app if clicks link again: https://devlanfear.blob.core.windows.net/images/Screen-Shot-2021-04-21-14-38-29.02.png
    3.3 And can’t see the app in left vertical menu

What is the expected behaviour for guest user? And how we can allow guest users to use our custom Teams app in Web/Desktop and Mobile with minimal effort?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Lobbybombing bug for school users.

So, I have a multiuser tenant which runs a secondary school, what we have witnessed is students abusing the lobby notification feature using the anonymous access via the meeting url.

So, a legitimate student joins the class video call.
    They get the meeting join URL from the ellipsis menu\meeting info.
    They paste that into an incognito browser window and join via the anonymous feature whereby they are asked to enter a name.
    They either enter the name of another student in the meeting to fool the teacher in to thinking they are legitimate or type anything and constantly request to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Deeplink to a chat with a guest user is not working

When opening a deeplink to a chat with a guest user, teams cannot start the conversation properly.

Deeplink example: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/chat/0/0?users=name_externaldomain.com#EXT#@domain.onmicrosoft.com

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. New Guests users are not found in teams via DisplayName

A few days ago, any new Guest users cannot be found when searching for them in Teams.These are users that have been onboarded to AAD outside of Teams.

The only way to add them is to search by email in the search bar, then go to the Team, then the Guest is found.
    Have logged a support ticket, but I got told it's by design.

This only started occurring a few days go, and now it's complex for a user to add a Guest to a team without knowing their email address (ie can't add by name until the cache?…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. major issue with the product design of the MS teams App as a result of the guest structure accessibility

Dear smart MS teams global product design innovation team!!!

my feedback:

The guest access rules are designed in a way, that create a lot of problems in collaboration of different companies and really gives me and my customers a lot of frustration. We are forced to use MS teams, because of the Microsoft success in Germany and Europe with it's strong data security regulations... But we start to really hate it.

Why:

21 century businesses are build on cross organisational collaboration.
    The structure of the MS Teams application design is meant for internal company use. COVID boosted the need to…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Quiz assigned by Teams/Assignments used by a guest user

Quiz within Teams/Assignments can not be opened from a guest user. A user within the organisation can open the quiz. If this would work for the quests as well would be nice.

Ticket for the investigation: 16157244

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Uservoice Forum Registration -- Magic Link confirmation showing unsafe site

Uservoice registration confirmation via Magic Link brings up an "unsafe site" (attached) Message: This site has been reported as unsafe -- Hosted by auth.magic.link"

"Microsoft recommends that you don't continue to this site. It has been reported to Microsoft to contain phishing threats which may try to steal personal or financial information."

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. There is a feature in mirosoft team that in team meating presenter and organiser both removes someone from meating.

Please 🙏 its my humble request to remove this feature for presenter and restrict its access to only organizer because in COVID-19 mostly university students using Microsoft team for online classes and some naughty students removes other students from the class.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams anonymous participant settings miss labeled

In Teams, under Meeting settings, there is a control "Anonymous users can join a meeting". Sounds like a nice control because you would want to know that people in a meeting were invited. The problem is when this is turned on guests cannot join a meeting. Anonymous and guests are not the same thing. This control actually sets whether or not non-domain users can join a meeting. It should really state " Only allow domain users to join meeting". Making this change could reduce the amount of confusion I see in forums.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. The link is very long so basically no way to give just a simple meeting number to other people to attend a meeting.

The link to join a meeting is very long so basically no way to give just a simple meeting number to other people to attend a meeting.
    A short link / meeting number would help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Since Update Raise Hand Gone for Guests

We have been using the raise hand for guests, this week it is gone in the Windows Client, Android and IOS. Guests can only raise hand in the Web client, is this by design or is it a bug.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow O365 tenants to join teams meetings as a guest even if they don't have teams license

When an O365 tenant tries to join teams meetings or webinars and doesn't have a license for it, they are not able to join. We had to go purchase a Zoom license just to give webinars and have meetings with our clients. It doesn't make sense to force clients/customers to buy software just to have a meeting with us. It's bad for business really and we are looking at switching away from Teams just because of this.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Teams kick current attendees when adding new people in to a live meeting.

Everyone follows the same link to the meeting, but often when new people are added, some original attendees will get kicked into a separate meeting. Today we had an issue where one person was added in and the presenter ended up in a completely separate live meeting with only that one new attendee and everyone else was left in the original meeting. Everyone has stated they use the same link given to them for the original meeting invite and are not joining another way.
    The max number of attendees never goes over 20 individuals so this shouldn't be a cap…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove Guest users from Admin Centers automatically when they are removed from Microsoft Teams

When a Guest is added to a team in Microsoft Teams, the user is automatically created in Azure AD for the tenant which also shows in the Microsoft 365 Admin Center. However when that same user is removed from Microsoft Teams, the user that was created in Azure AD and M365 Admin Center doesn't get automatically removed.

The problem with this is that I have several Team Leaders who need to be able to add guests to their team for certain collaboration and then to remove them from the team when they're not needed anymore. These Team Leaders don't have…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. guest label missing

People logging in as guests without the guest label, so we can't identify them. Why is this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Problems with «tenant» and private account

Sometimes I have to use my private email for meetings, and this leads to an incredibly annoying error. My private email is apparently linked to some kind of guest «tenant» - one of my colleagues for some reason, and I get an error message if I try to login on the web version of Teams. I’ve tried to delete the tenant guest account to no avail. Why would something like that even happen? It should be so easy: Make a private account using my hotmail adress, login, use Teams - in all versions of Teams. Today I had to spend…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)