Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Guest access to Teams with MFA produces CAA60007 JSON error

Our tenant requires MFA, even for Guests invited to Teams and Azure.
    The guest registers and approves the sign-in on the phone, and then gets a question if I want "my organization to manage my device".
    If the user click anything except "No, I only want to login to this app", there is an error message thrown back saying there was a JSON syntax error with error code CAA60007. This error should be better managed in the B2B API.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

5 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Since Update Raise Hand Gone for Guests

We have been using the raise hand for guests, this week it is gone in the Windows Client, Android and IOS. Guests can only raise hand in the Web client, is this by design or is it a bug.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Quiz assigned by Teams/Assignments used by a guest user

Quiz within Teams/Assignments can not be opened from a guest user. A user within the organisation can open the quiz. If this would work for the quests as well would be nice.

Ticket for the investigation: 16157244

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Guests cannot log in to iOS mobile app or web app.

Please fix this bug. On Android guests can log into Teams if they first log in on the Teams web app. But on iOS browsers (both Safari and Edge), the link to join a team takes user to the mobile site, and there is no option to open the Teams web app, even if they request desktop site (except on older devices like iPhone 5S).

This bug has been confirmed on multiple devices (iPad, iPhone 8, etc. as well as with the newest version of iOS (13.5.1))

Even if users first log into Teams web app on desktop and then…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Disabling "Members can invite" option prevents also admin members from inviting guests

Setting to OFF option "Members can invite" in Azure Active Directory > Users > User settings > External users > Manage external collaboration settings disables ALSO admin members from inviting guests, not only non-admin members as declared.
    So, this an "block all / allow all" option and there is no simple way to prevent standard members (non-admin) to invite guests.

As side effect it produce the infamous "We didn't find a match" message in the search box when you try to add a guest, mentioned by a lot of users.

Please, fix it !!!

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Wrong Meeting Link Causes Issues

If you try to join a meeting and unknowingly click on the wrong meeting link, it says “Someone in the meeting should let you in soon”, causing you to wait and miss the meeting.
    If you try to join a Teams meeting at the wrong time or wrong day - same problem.
    There are a dozen popular meeting apps that show an error message, which also makes this issue more of a problem. The Teams app should show an error message if you try to join a meeting when it is not about to start.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. some guest participants enter meeting bypassing lobby, although they have no permission

I´ve added some guests participants to a team. They have no permission to bypass lobby, but some of them access directly to meetings they are invited to, without having to wait in the lobby.

The only way I found to solve this is removing them from the team in Azure.

Is this a bug? Or there is a way to solve it?

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Remove Guest users from Admin Centers automatically when they are removed from Microsoft Teams

When a Guest is added to a team in Microsoft Teams, the user is automatically created in Azure AD for the tenant which also shows in the Microsoft 365 Admin Center. However when that same user is removed from Microsoft Teams, the user that was created in Azure AD and M365 Admin Center doesn't get automatically removed.

The problem with this is that I have several Team Leaders who need to be able to add guests to their team for certain collaboration and then to remove them from the team when they're not needed anymore. These Team Leaders don't have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. unable to admit people through the lobby

Unable to admit people through the lobby - pretty self explanatory. Would not work even after shutting down everything including laptop. Flash and anything like that is up to date by our IT team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. External Presenter in Live Event keeps getting added as an attendee instead

We are trying to set up an external presenter in Teams Live event and they cannot join to present because it keeps adding them in as an attendee. This defeats the purpose of using Live Events as a platform to do these presentations.

We have done this before several times but only now the issue is showing up. It is not a matter of allowing external users or all the other simple fixes that might be applied here. This is with experienced Teams users and has just recently begun to occur on our Tenant.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Guest account deleted

I had added two guest users. Now the teams channel shows user deleted, I'm unable to add them back. But somehow when I do a name search, their name appears in the guests list. I can now no longer add anyone outside my org as a guest user. I have checked the Azure active directory- and the name of the guest users are being shown there. But these users cannot access the teams - they get an error message stating ' you are not a part of this team'

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. guest unknown user

When a guest user is in a team, the collapsed thing calls guests "Unknown User"

This is annoying because the Teams UI clearly already knows who they are. It makes it annoying to see who replied because you have to expand and scroll it manually.

If it would just say something like "3 replies from you, Adam, and Jack (Guest)" that would be much more useful than "and Unknown User"

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Phone number is easily showing to others. The mischief would definitely get profit by this by stealing contact number of girls for any reaso

Phone number is easily showing to others. The mischief would definitely get profit by this by stealing contact number of girls for any reason

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Guest unable to change tenant

I've added a guest to our Team, but when he opens Team he doesn't get an option for our tenant.
    I'm unable to replicate with other guests - they just work.
    On the webapp / desktop app he doesn't get the option to change between his home and guest tenancy.
    If we use the direct link to the Team it works on Webapp, full with the option to change to his home tenancy, if we change it to his home tenant the option to change disappears.
    I've deleted his account in AAD and try again but still happens.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adding Users shows as Unknow user

When I try to add some members on a tea (directly from the desk app) it show me the user, but when I click on it and press add it shows as Unknow User... it happens only with 8 usesr

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)