Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sync button occasionally doesn't work

On an windows machine the "sync" button sometimes doesn't function properly. I have to restart the Teams app multiple times for it to begin working again

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Files tab does not show new shared files in Microsoft Teams chat

Hi,

This use to work but from few weeks ago when someone (or I) share a file in Microsoft Team Chat the files are shared but the Files tab is empty (OR it only holds files uploaded up until a few weeks ago)

I tried following the suggestion in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeo365admin-msoteams-mso_o365b/files-tab-does-not-show-any-files-in-microsoft/babd7ac5-a34e-43a2-aeeb-36c875ef3fd8?auth=1

1. Fully exit the Microsoft Teams desktop client. To do this, either right click Teams from the Icon Tray and select ‘Quit’, or run Task Manager and fully kill the process.

2. Go to File Explorer, and type in %appdata%\Microsoft\teams.

3. Once in the directory, remove all the files and restart…
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. you suck

sucking

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Users can no longer preview/expand images

For a couple weeks, no one on my team has been able to expand image files to preview them — both those posted in chats and in channels. Instead, when a user clicks on an image to expand it, she gets a broken image icon. We have to download images to view them expanded.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. lost attachment icon in teams

Hello

I have just been in a teams meeting and wanted to attach files in the meeting chat. The icon along with a few other icons has disappeared. I could do it yesterday in a different meeting - i am organiser for both of them. Neither are within a channel - just a calendar meeting set up. Where has it gone and how do i get it back?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. we fail to share anything but pictures. Why?

IN a group we use the upload from my PC to share files, it is sent but no one can read/open the doc. Only works for pictures

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. "Browse Teams and Channels" disappears with the New Meeting Experience option.

When "New Meeting Experience" is enabled, it is not longer possible to screenshare a file uploaded to Microsoft Teams using the "Browse Teams and Channel" option. Currently, it only allows me to access OneDrive or upload a new file itself, which didn't work for my class. In addition, the "Manage Permissions" tab failed to pop up, though an empty box appeared where that button would normally be.

Before "New Meeting Experience" is made mandatory and permanent, please make sure these features--being able to screenshare from files uploaded to Microsoft Teams channels before a meeting, and being able to manage permissions…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sending files issue in Teams app under Linux

I can't upload files in new Microsoft Teams app, version 1.3.00.30857 (64 bits) in operating system Linux Mint 20. In older versions it worked great. Via internet browser also works OK.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Synchronisation sharepoint

Adding sharepoint folders but doesn't maintain synchronisation of folder structure or file contents

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Teams shows "unknown error" on closing the excel editing status popup

1 --- I opened the excel file in teams group chat files tab, then clicked on open excel in desktop app.
    2 --- Now the excel default pop-up saying resume editing here or send feedback is displaying
    3 --- When I click the close icon then teams navigates to unknown error page

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Recording from meeting saved as image file

Sometimes, when a recording is ended and visible in a team chat, and I try to download it, the file is saved as the image "MicrosoftTeams-image.png" which makes it inaccessible. I have to rename the file extension to .mp4 before I can view it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Word documents lose list styles

I have a template which includes properly created list styles for headings and bullets. I create a number of documents from this template and upload them to the new Teams site for editing by the contributors. At first all is well. Eventually though, someone will tell me that the numbering is missing in a document. I go in, and sure enough, none of the headings are numbered now. If I click the list styles, the "Numbered Headings" list style is gone. To fix it, I have a macro that links back to the template, updates the styles, and then unticks…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When I download files in Linux app on Ubuntu, all the file's name becomes "download".

When I do the same thing on web app, the trouble doesn't appear.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Duplication of files when shared in an announcement

Sharing an Excel file (within a sub-folder in Files) in an announcement for channel member editing (brings to the main thread for easy visibility for members) now causes a duplication of the file in the general folder instead of linking back to the original file/location. If the duplicate file is deleted, the linked file in the announcement breaks. This is inconvenient, file, and negates the purpose of the share. Why is it doing that? Seems like a recent issue, and it’s causing headaches for our team. Is there a fix in sight?

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allwo users to change the download destination

When I click to download a file from Teams to my computer, I am not given an option to choose the download destinations. All files go to the default download folder, from where I have to move them to the proper destination manually. Please allow users to change the download destination.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. The new feature "Add shortcuts to shared folders in OneDrive for work or school" doesn't work in Microsoft Teams

The feature for adding shortcuts to folders in OneDrive won't work when using the Microsoft Teams>Files>OneDrive tab. All other OneDrive items show up normally but any shortcuts will not appear when viewing OneDrive files through the Teams Files tab. Same issue can be seen in all Microsoft Teams clients (web, desktop, MAC, Windows, Mobile). Confirmation of this feature deficiency was confirmed in Microsoft Case #:25006100. Please add this functionality to Microsoft Teams.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Open Excel in Teams NOW function only can display US timezone

When I open the excel in Teams and use the Now() function it only can display the US timezone which not show the local time.Then I have to change the timezone manually.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Auto -fill does not work for Excel sheet opened in MS Teams

When I open an Excel sheet in Files in MS Teams and want to enter series 1,2,3..in column by dragging the fill handle , then it doesn't work .
    As I start series ,by entering 1 in the column and then dragging the fill handle ,only 1 is copied through the entire column and not series.
    This create a lot of problem when we insert or delete any row in excel and want to update the series
    This is a big drawback with updating Excel sheet in MS Teams .

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Assignments I Already Completed are Showing in Assignments as Assigned, Unread, and Pass Due

A few times before, but mainly after the new update made on the assignments section to show the team image for each assignment, I have been noticing that old assignments that I have done months ago are showing as incomplete and unread. This makes them show as pass due.

Please fix this so that my actual due assignments don't get mixed with my old and completed assignments.

Thank you.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. XML mapped data is not displayed in Word Online

Brief description:
    We have using files with the mapped XML content. For example, there are several “Plain Text Content Control” in the document, and each control is mapped to the specific tag of custom XML part (see TestDocument_01.docx). The problem is that content of these tags are not displayed in Teams Word, but displayed in the desktop Word.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Load TestDocument_01.docx (file is attached) to any file drive of MS Teams channel
    2. Open file for editing
    3. Close and download file.
    4. Open file in desktop Word.

Expected result:
    On step 2: The content of the…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 11 12