Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Switching tenants no longer works on Linux

Since week 13/14 2021 it is no longer possible to switch tenants in MS Teams for Linux.

This is a blocking issue and results in users not being able to join tenants as guests.

You always return to the default tenant.

Some errors found in the logs while switching are attached to this uservoice bug.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

18 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unable to switch organizations after 1.4.00.7556 update

After updating Teams linux desktop client to version 1.4.00.7556 I am unable to switch organizations.

Steps to reproduce:
    - Click on organization where I am guest to switch org

Expected: Activity/Chat/Teams for the guest org should appear

Actual:
    - "Loading Microsoft Teams" screen appears
    - Content for the guest org appear for ~2 seconds
    - "Loading Microsoft Teams" screen reappears
    - I am back in my main organization

Workaround:
    Switching organizations works fine in the web app in Chromium browser

System info:
    - Fedora Linux 33 with kernel 5.11.11-200.fc33.x86_64…

45 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Remove comfort noise

It seems like Microsoft Teams has a comfort noise: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comfort_noise , at least on the Windows Desktop Client - please give us an option to disable it or remove it completely.

Also see:
    https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/background-white-static-noise-even-with-microphones-muted/m-p/1254880

495 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

73 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Wrong profile picture shown in chat

After I have a chat with Person A and then he has a conversation with Person B my profile picture is displayed for an incoming message from B ("B typing...").

Both are private 1:1 chats, I am not involved in the conversation with B...

See screenshot I received from A.

Microsoft Teams Desktop Version 1.3.00.27972 (64-Bit)

164 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Whenever I hit (Shift+Alt) to change my keyboard language, the cursor jumps to the end of the sentence

There's a bug in Windows Teams Client for the desktop. Whenever I hit (Shift+Alt) to change my keyboard language, the cursor jumps to the end of the sentence.

This makes it hard to edit sentences and fix multi-language mistakes on the fly.

You can help the problem if you turn off spell check, but that's hardly a long term solution.

131 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Team desktop client picking low quality video resolution from set offered by web cam.

Teams client is picking 640x360 resolution rather than optimal resolution. This results in sub-par picture quality.

This happens with virtual camera devices like XplitVcam, XsplitBroadcaster and OBS as well as physical cameras like Logitech brio.

I have proven this by removing the 640x360 offered resolution from xsplit XML files (it offers multiple resolutions via dshow and teams picks which it wants to use) - quality improved.

To be clear this is a bug in how team client selects from the dshow resolutions offered.

More here https://obsproject.com/forum/threads/obs-virtual-cam-bad-video-quality-in-teams-skype.118800/

This issue does not affect web client.

confirmed in client version 1.3.00.13565

275 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Incomming calls are not displayed in foreground.

If i use a CitrixDesktop in fullscreen and start MS-Teams on my main Desktop, outside of the CitrixDesktop, then i can hear the ring sound of incomming call but i didn't get the popup on the right low corner to answer the call. I recordnized the problem since start of november. For now i use the 1.3.00.30866 64bit Version on Windows 10
    10.0.19042 Build 19042. My coworkers got the same issiu.

--> https://answers.microsoft.com/de-de/msteams/forum/msteams_tfl-msteams_callin-msteams_audio/anruf-als-banner-anzeigen-lassen-und-klingelton/b718911e-489a-4a2f-b764-a7eea8937f29?page=1

63 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. MicrosoftTeams PowerShell module v2.0.0 Get-CsOnlineUser Error

With the MicrosoftTeams PowerShell module v2.0.0, New-CsOnlineSession is now deprecated and replaced by Connect-MicrosoftTeams. After a successful Connect-MicrosoftTeams using certificate authentication, Get-CsOnlineUser returns the following error:

Exception calling "GetSteppablePipeline" with "1" argument(s): "Exception calling "GetRemoteNewCsOnlineSession" with "1" argument(s): "Tenant Domain is empty"" At C:\Program Files\WindowsPowerShell\Modules\MicrosoftTeams\2.0.0\net472\SfBORemotePowershellModule.psm1:9474 char:13
    + $steppablePipeline = $scriptCmd.GetSteppablePipeline($myI ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [], ParentContainsErrorRecordException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CmdletInvocationException

Get-CsOnlineUser works properly after Connect-MicrosoftTeams with credential authentication. Thanks for looking into this.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Webcam video other participants can see is black and white or has weird graphic artifacts

Since about 1-2 weeks before Christmas 2020, on any MS Teams call my video is presented to other participants either in black and white or with weird graphical artifacts (colored shadows over the video), while my preview looks completely normal.

Based on reddit thread and MS Teams forum discussion (see links below) I am not the only one experiencing this; also based on the discussion my first guess would be a relation to nVidia GPU and GPU drivers (I have a GTX 1070 GPU with latest drivers, Logitech Brio web cam).

Example screen shot of a shared Teams window (including…

43 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Screen sharing broken on Linux with 1.3.00.16851

Latest release for Linux 1.3.00.16851 broke screen sharing on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS / i3wm.

Complete screen went black. Only red border and mouse courser visible. Working fine with previews version 1.3.00.5153.

192 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Teams video call notifications window not coming to the front

Many of our users are reporting an issue with the incoming call notification window in that it is not coming to the fore when ringing and they are having to minimise all other open applications to get to it. This has only started recently.

61 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Teams Linux: Opening Meeting links does not work anymore since version 1.4

I'm using Microsoft Teams on my business notebook for several month without any big issues. Since version 1.4.00.4855 I can't open meetings anymore.

With version 1.3.x opening meeting links worked as expected. The web browser redirecty the link to teams, teams gets the focus and shows the button to join the meeting. Since version 1.4 everything is same except the last step. teams gets the focus but it does not show the button to join the meeting. Instead I see the last used view in teams without any reference to the meeting.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can't switch to guest account on linux application

When I try to switch from my regular account to another guest account the application shows the guest screen for a few seconds, then close and reopen in my regular account.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Flickering screen when sharing Adobe PDF's.

When sharing an adobe PDF file on application view the document continuously flickers for both the host and guests. the only way to resolve this is to hold down the mouse button. It's so bad we have resulted to Zoom to share screens. Please offer a fix ASAP.

134 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

28 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. PLATFORM ERROR WHEN SHARING FILES THROUGH THE WINDOW OPTION

1.- When wanting to share files, some have commented to me that the document, video, etc. that they open during the meeting by clicking the share button is not seen in the "Window" part and it is not seen in the lower part.

2.- So it happens that if we have a file open and we close it during the meeting, by mistake in the platform it continues to appear in the list to share and confuses thinking that we can open it from that window.

3.- It happens in the new meeting experience

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The information on the desktop app has not been updated, but the smartphone has been.

The information has been updated for the smartphone app and web browser, but the information has not been updated for the desktop app. The desktop app is restarted each time. After restarting, the desktop app shows same info as the smartphone and web browser. Please let me know the workaround. The desktop app version is 1.4.00.22976(64bit), 8/31/2021.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Teams desktop app is not showing all messages, but the online app does!

Frequently, I will go into Teams on the desktop version, and it will be missing my most recent messages.

The most recent messages show up in the Web-version of Teams, but not on the Desktop version. This is a critical bug!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Blur and the Background features are complete gone....Again!

I recently enabled the new Features in Teams and updated to Version 1.3.00.9267 (64-bit) on July 28, 2020. Now the Blur and the Background features are complete gone!

It appears to be a rehash of an issue from back in June. The Current Case is Closed: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/908686-bug-reports/suggestions/40115269-blur-option-disappeared

I would say that it needs to addressed again. I work from home (like a lot of other people). Need the feature to blur and set a background back ASAP please!

57 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

21 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Teams unable to open - teams 1.4.00.13653 on Ubuntu.

Latest teams version on Ubuntu (Wayland) no longer opens if it has been opened once.

On a second attempt on opening it it attempts to open but simply displays a small purple window with no content (see screenshot).

In order to restore normal functionality I need to delete ~/.config/Microsoft/Microsoft Teams/settings.json

Now teams will open normally again and the settings.json file is recreated.

Closing teams and attempting to reopen regenerates the problem, and the settings.json file needs to be removed once again.

MS Teams Diagnostics cant be attached. This site prohibited uploading .zip or .json so I cant provide the affected…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. The Calls groups functionality greatly hampered

The Calls page has changed to such an extent that is has become just about unusable.

Originally the groups took up most of the space of the view.

I have several groups and I could tell by simply scanning the group what the group members were up to and reach out to free members as necessary.

In the latest build the "History" has become the dominant element, pushing the groups into a narrow strip on the right. Furthermore the view no longer remembers the expand/collapse state of the groups.

Furthermore it has become impossible to add/create/delete or generally manage the…

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Client - Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 45 46
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base