Bug Reports

Thank you for taking the time to report the issue you are seeing. We’re listening, and really appreciate your report.

We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

To best enable us to reproduce the issue you are encountering, please include the following when possible:

• A brief description of the bug you are encountering
  • Exact repro steps
  • Platform
  • Browser
  • Device type
  • Screenshots and/or video
  • Any other helpful information
Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Thanks for using Microsoft Teams!
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cursor jumps to the end in message input when Alt+Shift pressed

I'm from Belarus and I use two keyboard languages (russian and english). To switch language I use hotkey Alt+Shift. When I type message and switch language with hotkey then my cursor jumps to the end of message input. It happens after about 2 second, but not right when hotkey pressed

It's very critical for message editing! I move cursor to edit something and when language switched I type some symbols, but cursor jumps to the end and I type part of word in the end of message (see attached video as example)

On the video after typing I don't move…

65 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG: Chats Showing Out of Order

BUG: Chat Messages show up initially out of order in Main screen When you are responded too, Once scroll in the Chat or click off and then go back into the chat the messages are in order. Issue does not show up in popped out window (ie. Video Chat Window or just a popped out Chat Window.
    Issue is reproducable in Web Interface.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. After adding external user to Contacts, chat window shown as internal user chatting?!

Based on the following Microsoft document URL, file sharing is disable for external user.
    And when I chat with an external user, the Files tab was not shown in the chat window.

But when I add the external user to Calling > Contacts and start a chat, Files tab is shown in the chat window. And I could upload files in the chat. (This is the problem.)

We hope that the Contacts function could distinguish the internal and external users. So that the user could not share files when chatting with external users. This will be safer for us.

Reference:…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Messaging Extensions

New Meeting Experience under settings in Microsoft Teams enabled. when using chatbox and click on the ellipses, the messaging extensions button is not enabled. I see it, but not able to click on it.

Turn off 'New meeting experience" and the messaging extensions work normally.

Huge impact for Teaching and Learning on our EDU tenant.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Participant to a single meeting in recurring meeting series can see the meeting chat forever

When someone is invited to a single occurrence of a series of recurring meetings, they will be able to see all messages subsequently sent on the meeting's chat, unless manually removed from the chat. This may not be a desirable behavior, if the said participant was only meant to participate to a single meeting (e.g. guest presenter to one meeting only, in a weekly meeting series)

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Chat narrow and does not make use of space available

As software engineers we send unformatted logs/code in chats a lot. These are hard to read when formatted as they need a fixed width font. When we send them unformatted they get put in a box with scroll bars. When the lines are too long I'd like to be able to make the Teams window wider or full screen and see the chat section expand to make use of the space, rather than using over half the width of my screen for unnecessary boarders either side of the chat, leaving the bit I want to see still in a narrow…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Text box moves when other users submit messages

When I am replying to a conversation and another user submits a reply, the position of my text box (where I am typing) moves down below the viewing pane. I must then scroll down to see what I am typing.

Instead, the conversation stack should extend UP, leaving the text box in place.

Windows 10 app

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Looking for new messages...

A user's chat tab constantly shows a message at the bottom "Looking for new messages..." and does not go away. The only way to see the new messages they sent, or that I send, is to click a different chat tab and return to it. The same issue has been reported here by other users: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/looking-for-new-messages/m-p/1418490
    and here
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/issue-looking-for-new-message/191628f2-4bcc-4a13-9d8f-1c2059687b4a

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Number of Chats is limited to some

Number of Chats is limited to some value.
    If you did not chat with some person for a long time -> you will not be able to find that chat just scrolling down your Chat list. You would need to SEARCH. And it is very hard in big international organization to remember names for using SEARCH option.

Please, do not limit number of chats!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Emoji shortcuts are gone.

Emoji shortcuts no longer work for many emojis in version 1.4.00.10372. For example, :thumb no longer functions as a shortcut to the thumbs up reaction. These were a very effective time saver vs having to click through the emoji selector. Please bring them back if they were removed or fix the bug if it was unintentional.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Pasting into a code block strips newline carriage returns(CR) unless they come with a linefeed(LF)

When pasting into MS Teams chat code blocks (```), it replaces carriage returns with spaces, unless the carriage return is accompanied by a line feed.

For example,

HelloCR
    myCR
    friendCR

If the "CR" above are carriage returns, then pasting it into the code block results in:

Hello my friend

MS Teams didn't used to do this, it used to copy paste the carriage returns correctly, and a recent update broke it.

It's important that the content of code blocks is not altered from entry to output, otherwise they cannot be used for sharing/viewing code snippets... they're primary purpose.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Whirlybirds Roof Ventilation

My current ventilation system has fallen into disrepair and so I want to install a new one. A friend of mine recommended Whirlybirds Ventilation to me, but I'd like to hear some opinion about it first. Anyone?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Annoying blank space at the bottom of chat window

There is an unnecessary and extremely annoying blank space at the bottom of chat window. This is almost the size of a keyboard in the mobile app but it doesn't go away and leads to a shorter view of the message.

On opening the keyboard to write and then, clicking it's down arrow button, removes the space along with the keyboard.

Mobile used: Pixel 3

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Coworking Spaces after the pandemic

Does anyone know how relevant this is right now? I know that now quite a lot of people continue to work from home, but as statistics show, the efficiency of work has decreased because of this, so I want to somehow get out of the house and work normally

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Features and disadvantages of a spiral saw

I want to buy a saw and I'm thinking about a spiral saw. I need the opinion of someone who understands saws. Should I take it or choose from something else?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Property values in 2021

Given the situation around the world, at what prices does the value of real estate vary and how profitable is it now?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Wrong behavior on "new chat" notification with separate chat windows

Today when we are able have separate chat windows, the new chat notifications are still appears to Teams' main window. So you are unable to select the correct chat window to find the new chat.

I attached an example where you can see. The chat was arrived to the chat dialog on bottom.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. It's time to trade Forex

I try to follow the stock market and over the past month there are just incredible jumps in terms of cryptocurrency. I haven't been trading for a long time, but I think now is the time before bitcoin takes off. What do you think?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Delete chat

Delete chat pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Whenever i enter the chat the textbox to type appears a few inches above the bottom with a blank space covering that space. I have started s

Whenever i enter the chat the textbox to type appears a few inches above the bottom with a blank space covering that space. I have started seeing this issue since the last update on Android. i have reinstalled the app also tried to logout and login again but the issue doesn't go away

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 34 35
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base