Bug Reports

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered.
  • Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Cursor jumps to the end in message input when Alt+Shift pressed

I'm from Belarus and I use two keyboard languages (russian and english). To switch language I use hotkey Alt+Shift. When I type message and switch language with hotkey then my cursor jumps to the end of message input. It happens after about 2 second, but not right when hotkey pressed

It's very critical for message editing! I move cursor to edit something and when language switched I type some symbols, but cursor jumps to the end and I type part of word in the end of message (see attached video as example)

On the video after typing I don't move…

66 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

8 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. BUG: Chats Showing Out of Order

BUG: Chat Messages show up initially out of order in Main screen When you are responded too, Once scroll in the Chat or click off and then go back into the chat the messages are in order. Issue does not show up in popped out window (ie. Video Chat Window or just a popped out Chat Window.
    Issue is reproducable in Web Interface.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Copying "code" text from a message doesn't work correctly

The "copy" functionality (ctrl + v) doesn't work properly when copying from text formatted as "code" with triple backticks.

Steps to reproduce:

1) Send a message enclosing several lines of code in triple backticks
    2) Try to copy a word or a small piece of text from one of the lines
    3) Paste it somewhere else.
    4) Observe that it has copied the entire block of code

See attached video for evidence.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Emoji shortcuts are gone.

Emoji shortcuts no longer work for many emojis in version 1.4.00.10372. For example, :thumb no longer functions as a shortcut to the thumbs up reaction. These were a very effective time saver vs having to click through the emoji selector. Please bring them back if they were removed or fix the bug if it was unintentional.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. After adding external user to Contacts, chat window shown as internal user chatting?!

Based on the following Microsoft document URL, file sharing is disable for external user.
    And when I chat with an external user, the Files tab was not shown in the chat window.

But when I add the external user to Calling > Contacts and start a chat, Files tab is shown in the chat window. And I could upload files in the chat. (This is the problem.)

We hope that the Contacts function could distinguish the internal and external users. So that the user could not share files when chatting with external users. This will be safer for us.

Reference:…

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. High-quality LED lights

Does anyone know a good online store where I can order LED lights for a good price?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. While sending msteams emojis from mobile app in a chat, we see same emoji overlapped on teams Desktop/Web application.

When we send an emoji from the mobile app emojis collection, emoji does not render properly and we see the emoji twice overlapped on each other on desktop and web clients. This bug is reproducing on multiple machines with desktop and web clients. This issue is not occurring with keyboard emojis.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Teams ГОВНО!!!

Более глючного и тормозного мессенджера я ещё не встречал. Даже фуфлыжный ватсап работает лучше.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Participant to a single meeting in recurring meeting series can see the meeting chat forever

When someone is invited to a single occurrence of a series of recurring meetings, they will be able to see all messages subsequently sent on the meeting's chat, unless manually removed from the chat. This may not be a desirable behavior, if the said participant was only meant to participate to a single meeting (e.g. guest presenter to one meeting only, in a weekly meeting series)

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Messaging Extensions

New Meeting Experience under settings in Microsoft Teams enabled. when using chatbox and click on the ellipses, the messaging extensions button is not enabled. I see it, but not able to click on it.

Turn off 'New meeting experience" and the messaging extensions work normally.

Huge impact for Teaching and Learning on our EDU tenant.

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. (Y) no longer gives a thumbs up - only (y). Also doesn't work in pop-up notification

I always use the keyboard shortcuts for emojii and now (Y) (caps) doesn't work, lower case (y) does but that's a pain as you need to take your finger off shift for the 'y'.
    Also any keyboard shortcut doesn't work in the pop up quick-relies.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams no longer allows you to use ":" to create emoji.

I used to be able to enter emoji short codes using ":" (for example :joy:). This is no longer working. It looks like the emoji were reverted to Skype short codes ( for example (y) instead of :thumbs-up:)

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Carpet repairing and cleaning

Hi
    Recently I bought a new house and there is an old carpet, I want to save it and renovate, how can I do this?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Chat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Chat narrow and does not make use of space available

As software engineers we send unformatted logs/code in chats a lot. These are hard to read when formatted as they need a fixed width font. When we send them unformatted they get put in a box with scroll bars. When the lines are too long I'd like to be able to make the Teams window wider or full screen and see the chat section expand to make use of the space, rather than using over half the width of my screen for unnecessary boarders either side of the chat, leaving the bit I want to see still in a narrow…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Misspelled description for emoticon

In the list of emoticons available in chat, the description for the drooling emoticon is "drolling" not drooling.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Android: Trying to click on message box crashes the app.

Everytime I click on the message box to reply to a message, the app crashes when the keyboard pops up and goes back to my list of chats.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. export Teams chat history

Provide a user-facing ability to export entire chat histories (including all pages of each group or one-on-one chats). The current method recommended, to copy and paste, only captures the currently-focused "page" of the chat. As a user, we can't even see the boundaries of these pages.

Currently, using Graph APIs requires additional permissions. This is understandable, however, as an authenticated user, I should have access to all of my chats. Make it happen, people. This is an absolute trainwreck.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When chat is opened in the new window new messages in it could be missed for some time,

Hi. It's not a bug but usability. When chat is opened in the new window new messages in it could be missed for some time, because unread status is not displayed. I think unread status should be changed on read status only after user will click the window with that particular chat.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 37 38
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base